Weirdest weight loss comment?

Options
13»

Replies

• sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    it's funny... i've lost 50 pounds but besides my fiance nobody really makes comments. They all know and i know that but it's like... unspoken. :huh:

They are so jealous. I looked at your pictures. You look awesome, you should feel so proud of yourself. It's a shame that your friends don't tell you that!:explode:
  • HEALTHJUNKIE
    Options
    My husband, bless his stinkin' little heart said....
    You are now an honorary member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee. It was meant as a compliment / joke, but gave me a complex.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Though I haven't had any weird comments - quite a few people have said I've never looked so good. It's not just weight loss - 14 years ago, I weighed less, but didn't eat well or exercise much.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    it's funny... i've lost 50 pounds but besides my fiance nobody really makes comments. They all know and i know that but it's like... unspoken. :huh:

It is so obvious that they are just jealous!!! :laugh: :laugh: Great job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I got another one earlier today. One of my friends from highschool ran into me and we where talking and she rubbed my belly like I was a puppy and said " You're losing some weight. That's good!":happy:
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    ha ha..my boyfriend hugged me the other day and said, wow, your stomach is not in the way!! wow buddy what a turn on!! lol NOT
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    i often get from my family back in NY, "stop losing weight! do you want to be un healthy?" Duh im trying to get healthy and they wonder why they are all falling apart, large in size and depressed.

Yeah, I get that too. Let's see...

"Stop looking so skinny!"
    "Can I ask you a personal question, what size are you now?"
    "20 more!, do you want to be anorexic?"
    "20 more?? where from?"
    "you have NO *kitten*?!"
    "*****! let's stop talking to her now" (from my best friends!)
    "Is that why you are in your Christmas card this year.... to rub it in?"
    "oh sure, here she goes again, passing up on the beer, trying to make us look bad!"

I'm sure there's more!
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A few years back, I dropped around 70 pounds in less than a year and I kept getting accused of being anorexic. It confused me cause I weighed 160 and I'm only 5'6" :laugh:
    My Mom even asked me if I was having an affair?!?!
  • littlemissgiggles
    Options

Sometimes people just don't realise that you've lost weight, especially if you see them everyday. One of my best friends lost absolutely loads of weight over about a year, but because I saw her everyday I didn't notice it. It was only when I was looking back at our prom pictures from a year ago that I realised what a skinny minnie she'd become!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Your legs look less, you know, um, less chunky in your jeans :laugh:

Whatever! I know what I am doing and it's nice that people notice, even the Uncle Festers, because that means you are doing something right! :love:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    My husband was bringing me a towel when I was getting out of the tub (darn kids and disappearing towels!) anyway he started to really compliment me by saying he could tell i'd lost weight. i said ya right, where did it come from cuz i cant tell. he started grab his gut and caught himself midway....but his eyes were still right on my belly....he just backed out of the bathroom quietly.

Another time he was playing on that stupid xbox and i got in his way, and he said well at least now i can see half of the tv.....
  • rialynn79
    Options
    What a great thread to start! It goes to show everyone gets "those" kinds of comments. :wink:

My weirdest comment for me was more offensive... i ran into a former co-worker and she said, "oh you look so much better NOW." I wish I was the kind of person to put people in their place because I wanted to say, "What, was I SO HORRIBLE to look at before?" :noway:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I'm bumping this for all the night time folks because this was so fun to read.