kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay...the meal plan for today...so far:

Breakfast
    Skippy - Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 tablespoon 90 calories
    Laughing Cow - Light Original Swiss, 1 Wedge 35 calories
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0 calories
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105 calories
    Thomas - Hearty Grains English Muffins 100% Whole Wheat, 1 muffin 120 calories
    Ocean Spray - Light Cran-Grape Juice, 8 fl. oz. 40 calories
    390 total breakfast calories

AM snacks
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0 calories
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30 calories
    Kashi Tlc - Baked Apple Spice Cereal Bar, 1 Bar 110 calories
    140 total AM snack calories

Lunch
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 12 fl. oz. 0 calories
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35 calories
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80 calories
    AE - Fat Free Cottage Cheese, 1/2 cup 90 calories
    Nabisco Wheat Thins - Reduced Fat Roasted Garlic and Herb, 16 crackers 140 calories
    Jello - Sugar FreePudding (Chocolate/Vanilla Swirl), 1 snack 60 calories
    405 total lunch calories

Afternoon snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Chewy Granola Bars - Trail Mix, 1 bar 140 calories
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72 calories
    212 total afternoon snack calories

Problem for today...won't have time for a workout. Trick-or-treaters come tonight, I still have to get candy AND carve my pumpkins...I know...I know...SO behind! So...if I leave work by 5, I have one hour before the trick-or-treating starts. That gets done at eight and I don't like to run in the dark SO tonight may be my day off...unless I can convince myself to go to the gym after eight for a half hour run...maybe I will do that because with my meal plan I will only have 53 calories remaining for dinner...which is IMPOSSIBLE. So...I should REALLY try and get a run in...either suck it up and go in the dark, OR hit up the gym for a half hour (probably my better bet). Wish me luck friends!!!!
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning,

Pedal, Our weather is supposed to be great here for halloween. How is it supposed to be for your area? I hope its nice, that always makes for a better day.

Cathy, Hope you enjoy the fair. Let us know how it goes.

Amy, Have fun at the rally. I am an election official, so I will be working next tue. from 6am-?? (at least 10pm). I probably will not post that day at all.

drtamm, Need to look up your name. How much is tons of bread? Just wondering if you looked up the calories. I find it helpful even if I did go over to log in my cals. so I know just how much it will be for next time I'm thinking about having a lot of something. Good for you for the great attitude. You go girl.

Kristen, Good for you (staying within your calories), it really has to be ok to have a snack occasionally.
    I on the other hand had a big unexpected snack last night. We went to Dairy Queen and I ended up 450 calories over my limit yesterday.

This morning I had an election meeting and knew there would be junk food. I was so prepared to stay away, but it was a homemade cake for someone going away. I had some, it was small though and I counted it. It will be hard to stay within calories today.

Today:
    mini wheats, skim milk, blueberries, coffee & cream
    small piece of cake & 2oz. apple cider
    banana & natural peanut butter
    ham & turkey sand
    apple
    pasta w/bolognese sauce
    popcorn

Exercise: walk/jog or bike ride
    Hope everyone has a good day :happy:
  • DebLaf
    Options
    Okay...the meal plan for today...so far:

Breakfast

AM snacks
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30 calories

Lunch
    Nabisco Wheat Thins - Reduced Fat Roasted Garlic and Herb, 16 crackers 140 calories
    405 total lunch calories

Afternoon snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Chewy Granola Bars - Trail Mix, 1 bar 140 calories
    212 total afternoon snack calories

Problem for today...won't have time for a workout. Trick-or-treaters come tonight, I still have to get candy AND carve my pumpkins...I know...I know...SO behind! So...if I leave work by 5, I have one hour before the trick-or-treating starts. That gets done at eight and I don't like to run in the dark SO tonight may be my day off...unless I can convince myself to go to the gym after eight for a half hour run...maybe I will do that because with my meal plan I will only have 53 calories remaining for dinner...which is IMPOSSIBLE. So...I should REALLY try and get a run in...either suck it up and go in the dark, OR hit up the gym for a half hour (probably my better bet). Wish me luck friends!!!!

Kristen, looks like you are doing your best planning. Good luck and have a fun day. Time saver: buy a styrofoam (not really sure if they are stryofoam, but it kind of feels like it) pumpkin, they are already carved and light up. These are great to pop out on the porch for days like this. Tip: buy candy you don't like. Do you have a treadmill? Or what about a quick 20 min. dvd workout like shred? Have fun today.:happy:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Kristin, you'll find a way to work something out :wink: Why do you get trick-or-treaters today?

Cass, I'm not vegan although I do realize my diet falls into that category a lot. Most days though I do have some dairy (skim milk for my protein shake or some cheese for my omelette) and most days I have meat like chicken breast or bison or fish. At least many days of the week I do. But I was vegetarian for many many years as well and vegan for a portion of that, however I found it WAY too difficult to get adequate protein and certain vitamins and I'm not comfortable relying on soy for everything because of the phytoestrogen concerns not to mention the damage it can do to my son since he's breastfeeding (it can damage his reproductive tract physically since it is still developing and it can later cause issues with sperm production!!). So I eat very lean animal proteins now and some dairy. I do eat really whole foods but that's because I'm "one of those" people who refuse to put any chemicals in to my body - even by avoiding using teflon. No dyes, refined sugars or grains, excess refined sodium, artificial flavours or contrived ingredients with long names. We also eat all organic and I don't like buying lots of packaging or buying plastic. Finding all those things combined is really difficult so I make everything myself. I love cooking anyway so it works out :wink:

AmyLou, that will be exciting! I feel so invested in your election this time... Well, I guess we always are since our countries are so close together. That and the power the US holds when it comes to global events. It will be neat for you to participate in the rally.

Okay, I have to run. Sorry not to get more personals in but I need to get my guys ready for their hallowe'en party today! My meals aren't planned yet as the day is a bit up in the air. I'll be within calories though! You can BET on it!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Not sure why trick-or-treat night is the 30th here. It was always on the 31st when we lived in Canada. Who knows.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    that's odd kisitin for trick or treaters tonight. i live in the south and here if halloween falls on sunday they have it on saturday. that's the only time they change it. i bought candy last year on clearance after halloween and froze it. yup it's stuff i don't like. but did find out smarties are only 25 cals. i do like them. but, can do without.
    anyway have fun today.
    cathy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yeah...it's always the 30th for us. It used to be different in different counties here in Iowa, but this year I believe it's the 30th for all of Iowa. WIERD!
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    Good day sixers!

Hope everyone is having a good day. Mine is going well. It is my first day back to work after vaction. Also my first day back on the wagon after my vaction binging. So of course they have cheese cake and donuts in the lounge today. I have avoided it so far.
    I am nervous about trick or treating. We won't be home to pass candy, but we will be out with my son. The chocolate is always such a temptation for me.

Anyone have any tricks to stay away from the treats (pun intended:) )

Diet today:
    b- oatmeal and coffee
    l- veggies and shrimp, yogurt and fruit
    d- turkey and veggies
    s- ?

If I stick to this I will be in my cals. I plan to go to the gym if I get out of work on time.

Amylou good for you to learn all you can about the canidates!

Deblaf- be proud you only ate a little piece of the cake.

Kristin- good luck fitting it all in.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Okay...so didn't eat my granola bar this afternoon. Leaves me with just shy of 200 calories left for the day without exercise...so if I'm very careful and get in just a little exercise, I should be okay. But...what for dinner? I don't know yet...I have a Lean Cuisine pizza...filling and yummy...but more than 200 calories...I think it's like 300 and some. We will see. But I promise to be good gals, and I am for SURE getting a good workout in tomorrow after work. Have a good night and I'll check back tomorrow morning!!!

Breakfast

AM snacks

Lunch
    405 total lunch calories

Afternoon snacks
    72 total afternoon snack calories
  • PedalHound
    Options
    here are pictures from today (well the first few are from yesterday..) and my little ones in their great costumes! http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=171336&l=4b604&id=569470390
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Pedal- the costumes are wonderful and the kids are cuties! You have gorgeous family!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good evening guys!

No exercise yet, but after we carve a pumpkin and put munchkin to bed Im goin to do some cardio for awhile, maybe go up and down stairs outside!! Tomorrow morning Im going to hit the gym and do weights and cardio.

Foodwise today:
    fiber one cereal, skim milk, 2 eggs/ protein bar and side salad from BK/ kashi bar and fresh strawberries/ piece of chocolate cake(glad that is out of my system..chocoholic today, but now Im over it!) and homemade ckn fajitas for dinner with sliced avocado :) YUM!

Tomorrow may get to check in with you guys early, but not later tomorrow- Going to my sisters and let the kiddos trick or treat! We will have homemade chili for dinner she already told me- so I will eat lighter during the day tomorrow and get lotsa exercise in!

For food tomorrow-
    fiber one cereal, 2%milk, maybe 1 egg and some fresh melon and strawberries/ grilled ckn salad for lunch/ some veggies and fruit for snack, maybe a fiber one bar too/chili for dinner (gonna try for a salad to go along with)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! Be safe, have fun!!

Check in with ya later :)

:heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    here are pictures from today (well the first few are from yesterday..) and my little ones in their great costumes! http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=171336&l=4b604&id=569470390

SO CUTE!!

Here's mine...
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2165374&l=93419&id=29705440

I never thought about sharing my facebook albums here! Easy peasy. I'll have to make another album once we get through trick or treating tomorrow night.

I've been eating decently this week, but starting to wear down lately. I'm tired, grumpy, not feeling like trying anymore. I blame it on the seasons changing. I think I'm fighting off a little SAD. I'll survive. Today, I went over by 65 calories, I think. Part of a banana and all of a mini twix pushed me over. Well worth it, I just don't care. Everyone goes through spells, I'll come outta this funk soon enough.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Cute pictures Lauryn! You actually look a LOT like a friend of mine from highschool. Funny when those things happen!

Cass, I do think you should take it as a sign to get a new rice cooker :wink: I LOVE mine, particularly because of the delay function and the different settings!!

Kristin, did you get lots of trick-or-treaters tonight?

Alright ladies, I had the best intentions today and I just bombed it :frown: I was doing well with balance (I had a treat at the hallowe'en party then had a lighter lunch and afternoon snack to make room for it) and I did well with supper too... just had a modest serving of whole wheat pasta w/ broccoli, peas & chicken. But then I got my little ones down to bed, fell asleep myself for an hour, woke up and reluctantly hauled myself back out of bed so I could make my menu for tomorrow, set up my porridge, brush my teeth etc and what did I do?? I behaved like a zombie and just chomped away at pasta left-overs until I'd eaten probably a cup and a half or slightly more AND I had 2 handfulls of crackers! I had also hoped to get to the gym tonight for a run but Leith napped very late then my husband had to run an errand after work then it was supper and so on and so on. It wasn't for calories TODAY (or at least, wasn't supposed to have been) it was to buffer for tomorrow just in case I want to have a mini chocolate bar or something. So now I'm over my cals by probably a lot, I have that bad feeling you get when you do something dumb and blow it, and I don't have any wiggle room tomorrow. Argh. So, I'm open to suggestions for a "punishment" as we discussed with this crack-down week. What a dumb slip-up too - not even for something "worth it" like an amazing piece of chocolate cake. I guess there's the lesson right? The times we go over our calories or indulge more than usual should meet a couple of criteria:
    - we should enjoy every bite of it... no place for guilt at THIS party!
    - we should save those times for the items that will leave us knowing that whatever small and temporary glitch it made on our calorie radar is well worth the indulgence (because it's an exception to the rule and hasn't caused any miserable feelings!)
    So I'll try to remind myself of that next time some mindless half-asleep pasta monster snatches my better judgment; would I rather have THIS... RIGHT NOW... or would I rather be able to have a slice of birthday cake at the next gathering and savour every bite of a personal favourite?

Maybe I can get a run in at the gym around lunch time tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone - though most of you are asleep right now!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    ok, pedal and lauryn you guys both went over on your calories so you can choose your punishment:
    either 10 calories off todays total or 10/15 mins extra workout time.
    for me if i got punishment i would take the workout, because calories are easier for me to not eat. working out longer is more of a punishment for me.
    you choose. or if you have something else in mind...good luck.

well, the fair was great. we though we were on tv a few times, but, didn't see us on the 11 news. didn't eat my whole gyro, got full. had a few sweet potato fries at the concert. i did end the day with over 600 calories left. we were there for 5 1/5 hours. so that's lots of walking too. not feeling real great today. i might skip exercise today. i did sign up for a gym while there. so will go in there tomorrow to check it out. i get a free 40 min trainer. will make that appt today. i had been thinking about joining a gym. it was only a $25 join fee. and i only had to sign a 1 yr contract. looking forward to going. just not today. i want to go do my errands (it's payday) and come back home and just lay around. not really hungry. i hope i am not getting sick. it may just be the fair dinner. too rich.

well, off to dress and get going. so i can come back and put on some sweats and just chill for the day.

ttyl, cathy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning! Ummm...can we NOT talk about last night. I had a battle with some cookies and did NOT win! :explode: :explode: :explode: AND with no exercise, that means I went over. I am SO mad at myself right now. But...it's a new day...and we have a big Halloween party at work today with chili lunch and goodies...but planning a big workout this evening. I'll post again later.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    ok, pedal and lauryn you guys both went over on your calories so you can choose your punishment:
    either 10 calories off todays total or 10/15 mins extra workout time.
    for me if i got punishment i would take the workout, because calories are easier for me to not eat. working out longer is more of a punishment for me.
    you choose. or if you have something else in mind...good luck.

Today, I have a work lunch which means I don't get to work out on my lunch break. No time after work to workout since it's Halloween. I will be doing a lot of walking this evening, so maybe I'll strap on my HRM for the walk. Leisurely paced since I have a 3 year old, BUT we are taking my 10 year old brother and his best friend, which means my kid will be running to keep up (and loving it). So all that considered, maybe I will get in a decent workout tonight. Absolutely better than nothing!

But Cathy, I'll accept your "punishment" :smile: and do an extra 10-15 minutes tonight. I'll pull up zumba on youtube and show my husband how silly I look doing the moves!!! :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: (Actually, I did a couple moves in the bathroom mirror this morning and it wasn't the trainwreck I thought it was!!!)

Happy Halloween everyone!!

xo,
    me
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Just a quick check in. The rally was awesome last nigh!! and I was able to play flag football too with my department and burned enough calories and was good throughout the day so that I could go out afterwards and have a wheat beer and a portion of nachos. mmmm.

Won't be on a lot this weekend. My mom is coming to town (YAYYYYY) and so will have a weird schedule for the next couple days. We're going out to eat tonight and I will do my best to be good and then tomorrow night I'm cooking chicken with green beans and sweet potato risotto. The rissotto will be high calorie but I will take a smaller portion. The really hard thing is that I have decided to make this pumpkin cheesecake recipe I found which has 373 calories per serving. But i figure if I just cut a normal 1/8 slice in half that will only be about 185 calories or so. We will see how that turns out.

The good news is that my mom is a physical education teacher so she wants to try shred tomorrow morning with me. I don't think she knows what she is getting into!!!!

Hope you all have a good weekend, sorry I won't be able to post much this weekend!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!
  • DebLaf
    Options
    Hey Girls,

Pedal, the costumes were really cute. You have a beautiful family.

Ok. About this punishment thing. I agree if you go over on your calories the best thing for compensating is do a little more exercise. But, calling it punishment is not a good idea. Exercise=punishment sounds like a bad way to start thinking about exercise. Just a thought.

Overall most of us (some way more than others) have really come a long way in losing weight. You should be so very proud of yourselves. You know you are healthier, more active, and probably feeling more self-confident. We have to fit this in to our lifestyle forever and there will always be those times of indulging. When we choose to go ahead and indulge a little we should really enjoy those moments. If we don't let ourselves have them I think we will become resentful of this new "diet" and give up. We are lucky to have eachother for support. We are in this for the long haul, aren't we girls?

We'll I hope you all enjoy your halloween. With or without your treats. But when it's over, lets move past it quickly.:flowerforyou:

Today:
    1 cinnamon raisin english muffin, smart spread, coffee & creamer
    2 fresh fruit smoothie
    3 subway club
    4 more smoothie
    5 tabouli
    6 milk & 1 peanut butter cup

I must try to get all my water in today. This is where I have been lacking again.
    Exercise: walk, & raking leaves:flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Deb, I totally agree. And because I love exercise so much there's no way that could ever mean a punishment for me... Vocabulary is really important though. And so are occasional indulgences! But not weird pointless belly-filling experiences like last night :grumble: I will do what I can to make it up today.

Kristin, sorry to hear you lost a cookie battle. Rough moments, aren't they!

Okay, I need to get ready because it's library day! I may be back later but not sure.

Have a great one ladies!!! :flowerforyou: