are you still drinking soda?

Options
smkcx♥
smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
Just curious if anyone is still drinking soda.

if so how many are you consuming daily?
if not, when did you kick the habit and what do you drink now?

also, how much weight have you lost?

Replies

• beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No, no soda at all. I never really "quit" it, just kinda stopped drinking it. Soda isn't my thing.

Oh! And I only drink water now.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I drank about 4-5 a day.

When I decided to try and lose weight I figured that should be the first to go...now I have 1-2 a week.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I quit a couple months ago.... Every great once in a while I have 1 but thats it. Im a water girl now ;)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    yuuup.
    I don't care what people say.
    I drink about one a day or an energy drink or both. It varies. Sometimes diet sometimes regular. whatever i want :P

and i've lost 1.5 pounds per week consistantly for the past 2.5 months.
    I am also around a body weight of 18% and can run a 6:55 mile.
    ;) You can be healthy and drink pop
  • tavery3700
    tavery3700 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while a 7up, for my upset stomach only

1 can and that's it
  • CarolineT82
    Options
    I am......I don't drink tea or coffee so have to get my caffeine from somewhere or I wouldn't survive the day!!

That said, I'm only drinking diet coke and have up to 2 cans a day - I try to manage on just one. :smile:
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    me and i should cut it down to like 2 a day but ima bout a 6 a day diet coke girl lmfao i've lost 41lbs in the last 8 1/2 months and im only 5ft3 SW:182 CW:141 GW 125 or 115 undecided

6148478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've cut back on how much soda I drink, and also I switched from regular to diet. I drink a lot of water now. Sometimes crystal light or tea when I want something different.
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I tried cutting it down to about 1 diet soda a day. I've replaced it with flavored water or unsweet tea (with a little Sweet-n-Low or Splenda...hey, I'm Southern, I love my sweet tea!)

I've lost 8.5 lbs so far, and I've been actively trying to lose weight since early June.
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    congrats to everyone :)

I'm trying to kick the habit but still having 1 or 2 a day (I used to consume about 5-6 if not more, I could drink a 24pk of mt. dew in three days by myself)
  • hrigsby
    hrigsby Posts: 31
    Options
    I drink it. I stopped smoking years ago and I can't seem to give up the soda too. I have changed to Diet instead of regular, which is something I thought would never happen and I drink at least (I know not good) 3 a day. I am not a coffee drinker like another post you have so I too like the caffeine. Maybe someday I will quit, but there are too many other changes I am trying to make I can't take away another love. :-)
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It was never a habit earlier, but yes it has reduced now. If I have company 2-3 times a week. Else I don't think about it... And at work I always choose green tea over pop.
  • VashWatters
    Options
    My New Year's Resolution for 2006 was to stop drinking soda. I have not had one since.

At the time, cutting it out of my diet just stabilized my weight and stopped me from gaining more weight due to my eating habits. Only recently have said habits started to improve.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I was previously drinking about 4 cans of diet coke a day. Now I drink about 2 cans a week (if that). It doesn't hurt once in a while but I found I wasn't drinking enough water when I was constantly drinking soda. Plus since I've started eating more wholefoods and other good stuff, I just don't crave soda in the same way.
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have one every now & then when I feel like it. I don't like the idea of completely cutting something out of my diet for good. It is not a sustainable life style change if you do.

I like to drink water for the most part over anything else so it's not like I was drinking a lot of soda before anyway. Actually a few years ago I started drinking mineral water as I realized it was the carbonation that I loved not the actual soda. So now I get my bubble fix with zero calorie mineral water :smile:
  • Marazene
    Marazene Posts: 97
    Options
    I drink about 4-6 diet dews a day plus a bunch of iced tea (plain) and about 8 glasses of water. Ive lost a bunch of weight, doesn't seem to affect me other than lots of trips to the bathroom...lol
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    wow congrats :) I'd really like to cut the soda habit, b/c I know thats where the majority of my weight came from (I was literally living off of blueberry muffins and mt. dew)
  • rafor
    rafor Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The first thing I did was switch from regular to diet. I've never looked back. I've lost more than 40 lbs in the last 3 months and my goal is to get down to 180 (total goal of 114 lbs lost) by the new year. I drink at least 2 diet sodas a day and tons of water. I can't stand tea so when I want some kick to my water, I add crystal light or something. I used to drink 4-5 regular sodas a day. No wonder I found myself close to 300 lbs.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    I cut soda way down. I used to live on diet soda and sad to say that is no exaggeration. I could drink a 2 liter a day. Now I have a diet soda once a week at the most. I am not sure if I am doing any better though because I switched to crystal light.
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Dr Pepper like it was no ones business. I rarely drank water, and definitely not the recommended amount. When I decided to lose weight soda was the first thing to go. I weighed 169 at 5'3, and within the first couple weeks I lost around 10 pounds with little exercise, it was just the fact that I stopped drinking soda. The loss from the soda weight gave me more motivation and now I am at 134. Its weird because sometimes I think I want it, but then when I take a sip of my boyfriend's dp it makes me choke. It is SO sweet and acidic that it literally burns my throat now!

I drink mostly water now, sometimes green tea or simply apple juice. I am trying to cut back on the wine/vodka soda/beer... lol :)