are you still drinking soda?

Options

Replies

• inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    i quit drinking pop in march of this year which was when i started this lifestyle change, ive lost 33lbs since march, and i drink juice, water, powerade, milk and flavored water, but i do have a pepsi once in a blue moon, and if i do drink pop its usually sprite or sierra mist, not very often do i drink dark pop
  • nytenurse03
    nytenurse03 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I drink it mostly with alcohol maybe once
    (one wkend) a month. I try to drink the 0 calorie soda. I've lost 30lbs
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    None i prefer food over drinks in calories.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    wow congrats :) I'd really like to cut the soda habit, b/c I know thats where the majority of my weight came from (I was literally living off of blueberry muffins and mt. dew)

im sure you didn't gain weight soley from drinking soda. lol...
  • mnsmith83
    mnsmith83 Posts: 128
    Options
    wow congrats :) I'd really like to cut the soda habit, b/c I know thats where the majority of my weight came from (I was literally living off of blueberry muffins and mt. dew)

im sure you didn't gain weight soley from drinking soda. lol...

1 can of mt dew has 170 cals (empty, worthless cals at that). say you drink 4 a day, that's an extra 680 cals a day. Most people don't think about calories in things they drink, so they still eat as much as they normally do. So if you take in an extra 680 cals a day, that's 4760 a week EXTRA. A year = 247,520! that equals an approximate weight gain of 70 pounds! Just from soda!

Now, I'm not saying everyone who drinks 4 cans of pop a day is going to gain 70lbs every year...but it's one of the easiest ways to cut out overages and lose weight with a small amount of effort

=)
  • dleithaus
    dleithaus Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Three 12 oz diet sodas per day, typically Coke Zero or Ginger Ale. Sometimes mixed with bourbon .... I count the alcohol!
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have about 2 regular cokes a day. Since drinking diet sodas are worse than regular, I've gone for the lesser of 2 evils. I guess you can consider that my cheat so that I don't fall away from anything else. Still get my veggies and proteins in like I should be doing.
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    sorry for the duplicate post
  • Fiesta80
    Fiesta80 Posts: 35
    Options
    No, no soda at all. I never really "quit" it, just kinda stopped drinking it. Soda isn't my thing.

Oh! And I only drink water now.

same here :) h2o is my hero...haha :)
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I used to joke and say that coke was my one bad habit. I didn't do drugs, I didn't drink anymore and I've never smoked a ciggarette in my life - I think its disgusting... but I would drink coke. I tried many times to "quit" drinking it.. but after months I would end up having one here or there and before I knew it, it was a regular drink again.

One day I was researching what soda does INSIDE of your body and I just got grossed out, this was over a year ago. I haven't touched it since, not even a sip. For me, it wasn't about weightloss - just overall health.

To be honest, I don't think soda really made much of a difference in my weight. I've had no problems shedding baby weight and getting into a size 3 while drinking soda. And, I haven't noticed a significant weightloss that I can contribute to eliminating soda from my diet. I wasn't worried about my calories, I was worried about my cells. Sounds crazy but it freaked me out to the point that I will dream about drinking soda, I actually have NIGHTMARES that I am drinking soda. Strange.

What do I drink? Water. Green Tea. Lemon juice. Milk. Protein shakes.

I've lost about 20lbs since I stopped drinking soda, but I promise it wasn't from the soda. I had just had a baby and I began doing p90x and running after my csection. Like I said before, I was very tiny with a flat stomach while I drank soda. I think its all the other things you eat/drink in combination that contribute to your weight... along with your lifestyle - exercise, etc.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Club soda (basically carbonated water)!

I absolutely love it. I find water's just too bland and love having the soda bubbles. My fiancee used to drink it and I thought it was nasty. I started drinking it and now I can't get enough, hahaha (even bought our own carbonater so we could make our own).

I've also inadvertantly converted a number of my friends and family to it.
  • josey1956
    josey1956 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm just starting to cut out soda ,my weakness is diet caffeine free coke I,m adding green tea and water which is the worst
  • susanelizabeth1988
    susanelizabeth1988 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Coca Cola all day every day ( It was free on tap where I work). When I gave it up I had massive caffeine withrdawal, but then could sleep a whole lot better, and feel much better for it. :). I am partial to a lemonade every now and then but that has to go as I have weak enamel on my teeth :(. I know carry round a 2 ltr bottle of water with me - I always have a drink and can physically see how much I'm drinking a day.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 5 plus a day. I changed from full fat to diet and then woke up one day and said thats it.
    That was about 4-5 months ago. I drink water. The thing about it is i have not missed it once.
    It was all in my head i could not give it up. My stomach is a lot flatter. Best thing i could have done for myself.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    1-2 diet Dr. Peppers every day.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    Hardly. I'll maybe have a soda once a month, and when I do it's only one can or something. I don't do refills.
    Even when I go out to a bar or something I usually get something with a juice mix in it or seltzer.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    I used to drink it daily, much of the time with rum or something, but I only have a drink once a month or so now, and I drink soda maybe once a week, but it's usually just a couple ounces or the odd sip I steal from the permanent roommate.
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I was never much of a soda drinker so I just decided it wasn't beneficial to me so I cut it out of my diet completely. I stick to water and unsweetened tea w/ no artificial sweeteners.
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just curious if anyone is still drinking soda.

if so how many are you consuming daily?
    if not, when did you kick the habit and what do you drink now?

also, how much weight have you lost?

Yes I LOVE my Mt Dew!

I went from 32-64oz daily to about 12oz one day every other week (at most) Just a lunch treat. (in the last few months)
    I drink flavored water now (tap water with a sprinkle of flavor mix to cut the taste (or add taste, whichever)

None (related to soda) I actually weighed less 3yrs ago when soda was my staple fluid!! Literally, I did NOT drink water. Not recommending that! :devil:
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    NO soda for me as most have crazy amounts of sugar and it would better for me to just eat a spoon full of sugar as day. :) Also once you stop drinking soda and you try a sip it taste like nothing but super sweet syrup kinda nasty. One gallon of water a day, all natural juices, and on the very rare trip out i have a dirty martini.