Diner Meat Loaf "Muffins"

Options

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM sounds sooooo delicious!!!! and nutritious!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM sounds sooooo delicious!!!! and nutritious!!!!
    Hope you will like it Lauren! :smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I might make this for dinner tonight. With some roasted potatoes (or maybe mashed), veggies and of course............ROLLS!! :love: :laugh:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    mmmmm meatloaf :wink:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    We made these tonight! DELISH!!! The house still smells sooooo good!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    The fiance and I loooooved these muffins...Made em yesterday with roasted garlic red potatoes and green beans drool.gif
  • kellch
    Options
    I'm having leftovers for lunch today too :smokin: :bigsmile:
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I will try them again one day when I got money for all those ingrediants! lol
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I will try them again one day when I got money for all those ingrediants! lol
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    The fiance and I loooooved these muffins...Made em yesterday with roasted garlic red potatoes and green beans drool.gif

I'm looking forward to trying out your recipe as well Tam...glad you shared it...meatloaf is such a comfort food from when we were all young:flowerforyou:

The idea of the lil muffins sounds so unique...

Kellch if you don't mind my asking....how do you prepare your garlic potatoes? They sound like a good side dish!:happy:
  • kellch
    Options

I'm looking forward to trying out your recipe as well Tam...glad you shared it...meatloaf is such a comfort food from when we were all young:flowerforyou:

Kellch if you don't mind my asking....how do you prepare your garlic potatoes? They sound like a good side dish!:happy:

Wellllll it's actually pretty simple, they are savory, and a very flavorful variation on red potatoes. Red potatoes are topped with garlic, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper and then baked in the oven until tender. Not suitable for freezing. Serves 4-6.

Calories:

Fat g

Saturated Fat g

Cholesterol mg

Sodium mg

Carbohydrate g

Dietary Fiber g

Protein g

I actually got the recipe on line. I love em:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    oh shoot I forgot to add the measurements :laugh: let me go get em :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Wellllll it's actually pretty simple, they are savory, and a very flavorful variation on red potatoes. Red potatoes are topped with garlic, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper and then baked in the oven until tender. Not suitable for freezing. Serves 4-6.

Calories:

Fat g

Saturated Fat g

Cholesterol mg

Sodium mg

Carbohydrate g

Dietary Fiber g

Protein g

I actually got the recipe on line. I love em:flowerforyou:
    Thanks! I think the recipe I toss together sounds pretty darn similar...I thought perhaps you had a new spin on them:blushing: ...I think the only difference in our recipes is I toss in some thyme as well...mmmm the spice smell wafs through the house, Rosemary and Thyme really have a great aroma.

Thanks again for taking time to write it down and also for sharing the nutrion info.:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Not a problem.........I looked to see if there are measurements and I never even noticed there aren't. I just kind of throw it in there and can tell by eye what's gonna tase good :laugh: A pinch of this and a pinch of that and I just put in like 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Never thought of using Thyme...I'll have to try it. :flowerforyou:

I used to do it a different way but definately not the ummmmmmmm healthier version. I used to put a ton real butter in them, minced garlic, garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, rosemary, seasoned salt, and onions. (well I still add chopped up onions sometimes...depends on who's eating them...some don't like onions) And then bake them until they are tender but a little bit browned...like em crispy. That's definately the ummmm not so healthy version though :laugh: (but tastes great:drinker: )
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Not a problem.........I looked to see if there are measurements and I never even noticed there aren't. I just kind of throw it in there and can tell by eye what's gonna tase good :laugh: A pinch of this and a pinch of that and I just put in like 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Never thought of using Thyme...I'll have to try it. :flowerforyou:

I used to do it a different way but definately not the ummmmmmmm healthier version. I used to put a ton real butter in them, minced garlic, garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, rosemary, seasoned salt, and onions. (well I still add chopped up onions sometimes...depends on who's eating them...some don't like onions) And then bake them until they are tender but a little bit browned...like em crispy. That's definately the ummmm not so healthy version though :laugh: (but tastes great:drinker: )

Yea, that's pretty much how I've done it as well, don't really measure it out just know what I'm putting in it for later. One thing I do is spray the foil with pump olive oil then toss together all the ingredients on the baking sheet then give a spritz or two more of olive oil.:drinker:
  • kellch
    Options
    Hmmmmm...great idea :drinker: I'm comin to your house for dinner:laugh: I just drizzle it on the cookie sheet and smear it around then put the potatoes on top and add the rest of the ingredients. We've also made it on the grill...put the potatoes and all the ingredients in some foil (wrap it tightly so all juices stay inside) and let it cook on one side 10 mintes, flip cook 10, flip back over for 7, and again for 7 more and they're done. I've sprinkled garlic powder and salt on them, sprayed them with olive oil, or even spray I can't believe it's not butter, and put it on a skewer with other veggies and chicken or steak and grilled it that way too...yummy :happy: Ok it's lunchtime...I'm starving now :wink: :laugh:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Love this idea!
  • Dietprincess
    Options
    I made these over the weekend, and they are wonderful! Thanks for the recipe. Making meatloaf like this makes me keep the portion size right where it should be. Otherwise I would eat half of the meatloaf in one sitting!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    One night when I was talking to my m-i-l I told her I wanted meat loaf but didn't have the time and I tend to eat too much. She told me to make it this way and I loved it. Thanks for sharing this. :happy:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I made these over the weekend, and they are wonderful! Thanks for the recipe. Making meatloaf like this makes me keep the portion size right where it should be. Otherwise I would eat half of the meatloaf in one sitting!
    Your welcome!!

Yeah, I thought the muffin concept would be great for both portion control and taking to work easily! :happy: