Diner Meat Loaf "Muffins"

Options

Replies

• eljay12
    Options
    Meatloaf is always better the second day, isn't it? :smile:

I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    We just had these for dinner...very yummy...my mom and brother didn't like the carrots in there (I didn't mind them) but other than that, we all enjoyed this recipe...
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    We just had these for dinner...very yummy...my mom and brother didn't like the carrots in there (I didn't mind them) but other than that, we all enjoyed this recipe...

I did my carrots and onions in the food processor, so they were too tiny for the kids to complain about. Although one of them did notice the orange flecks and complained... lol
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I made these using ground turkey since my hubby won't eat beef and they were delicous! I did everything else the same.

I'm making these tonight! I'm using the ground turkey too, just less fat in general. Can't wait maybe some steamed asparagus and sweet potato fries, yum!

Okay well I decided two new recipes in one night was too much so tonight just the meatloafs but they are waiting for the steamed veggies and smell great. The sweet potato fries come tomorrow with the veggie burgers. This is fun!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I did my carrots and onions in the food processor, so they were too tiny for the kids to complain about. Although one of them did notice the orange flecks and complained... lol

I can so relate to that...I used to SO hate to cook. My kids are grown and gone so now it's just my hubby and me and he'll eat anything, kinda like Mikey. It's SO much fun to cook, it's become a hobby!
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    I made these for dinner last night with some veggies and smashed red potatoes. They were really good but didn't turn out as pretty as the picture of them on the original post. Oh well. Everybody loved it though.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    OHHHHH I SOOOO wanna fix these tonight.. I have everything but Worcestershire sauce. But even if I did MY HUSBAND HATES MEATLOAF!!!!! I haven't ever made meatloaf. I need convince my mom to make these Saturday when I come down.. Hubby will be working...:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I don't like meatloaf either, and this recipe ROCKS! Just call them meat muffins. LOL They aren't as dense as meatloaf, kwim? I think you could get away without the Worcestershire sauce, too. Not too big of a difference. Give them a shot! DH might find something new he likes!
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I don't like meatloaf either, and this recipe ROCKS! Just call them meat muffins. LOL They aren't as dense as meatloaf, kwim? I think you could get away without the Worcestershire sauce, too. Not too big of a difference. Give them a shot! DH might find something new he likes!
    [/quote

I think I might. A side of broccoli and maybe some green beans to go with it.. He'll just have to deal and be happy I cooked! (I hate cooking).. I just hope the 6 and 4 year old will eat it....:noway:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I made these again last night and I swear they get better every time. This time I left out the oregano, and added bell pepper. served with steamfresh veggies and mashed potatoes using skim milk and can't believe it's not butter.
    one of my favorite recipes!!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Made these for the first time tonight...delish! Served them w/ oven fries (red potatoes...a splash of EVOO and Mrs. Dash) and then some steamed broccoli:smile:
  • ndarling
    Options
    Last time I tryed that they were to gressy. I even used extra lean meat. Let me know if yalls if dry

I have used a similar recipe using ground turkey & it's delish!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Made these tonight and they were a hit with my DH and two DS's. I didn't have carrots but they still turned out. Had them with oven roasted potatoe fingerlings and sliced veggies. MMMMM thanks tamtastic for this. They all assured me it is a make again receipe!

Laura:wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Made these tonight and they were a hit with my DH and two DS's. I didn't have carrots but they still turned out. Had them with oven roasted potatoe fingerlings and sliced veggies. MMMMM thanks tamtastic for this. They all assured me it is a make again receipe!

Laura:wink:
    Wooohooo!!! That is great.

I need to make them again soon myself!:tongue:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Making these tonight!:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I made these tonight with ground deer meat - SOOOO good! My whole family loved them. Thank you for the recipe!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I found it, Tami!

DSCN0686.jpg

My kids like more ketchup on top. :wink:

DSCN0089.jpg

and the minor miracle...Zeke eating dinner!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I found it, Tami!

DSCN0686.jpg

My kids like more ketchup on top. :wink:

DSCN0089.jpg

and the minor miracle...Zeke eating dinner!
    :laugh: :laugh: Woohooooo!!!!!

I will take a pic of the next meal I make!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I, for one, am surprised you haven't yet! :laugh:
  • sna269
    sna269 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the idea!

:bigsmile: