• JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Diner Meat Loaf 'Muffins'

Sit down to a meat loaf in a half hour with this recipe. Serve with steamed green beans and roasted potato wedges for an at-home version of a blue-plate special.

Yield
    6 servings (serving size: 2 "muffins")

Ingredients
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 cup finely chopped onion
    1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup ketchup, divided
    1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw)
    1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
    2 tablespoons prepared mustard
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 large eggs
    Cooking spray
    Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Cool.

Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.

Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:276 (28% from fat)
    Fat:8.6g (sat 3g,mono 4g,poly 0.8g)
    Protein:28.7g
    Carbohydrate:21.7g
    Fiber:1.8g
    Cholesterol:131mg
    Iron:3.9mg
    Sodium:759mg
    Calcium:48mg

meat-loaf-ck-1160601-l.jpg
    Bumpin...I gotta try these Tam, the recipe has been floating around with nothing but awesome comments ....so I shall make a plan to make them soon.

Glad so many of you including Jo, Jo(SoupNazi) ,Tam and many others are so willing to share your recipes with the rest of us!:flowerforyou: I know folks So appreciate the gesture:flowerforyou: :wink:

When I find a good one I love to share it with as many as possible, nothing beats a tasty HEALHTY Simple recipe, or a yummy one transformed to healthier ingredients:drinker: :bigsmile:

FC:heart:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    We had these for dinner last night... My daughter loved them so much she wanted to take one for her lunch at school the next day... They are soooo yummy!!! Thanks, Tam:happy:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Yeah.......these are the ones I made last week. They are yuuuuummmmy! I wubs meatloaf I'll make more in a few weeks :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try these this weekend!:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try these this weekend!:bigsmile:
    They are really good!! I make them using ground turkey since my hubby doesn't eat red meat and they are great like that! :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Dinner for tomorrow Dinner for tomorrow. I actually sang that when the thread popped up. I need to print this off at some point so I can stop waiting for someone to bump it. :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    Dinner for tomorrow Dinner for tomorrow. I actually sang that when the thread popped up. I need to print this off at some point so I can stop waiting for someone to bump it. :laugh:

I know, I don't know why I haven't thought of that handface.gif
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Well, I forgot to thaw meat the other day so here I am bumping this again so I can make it tonight! Geesh! Bump!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some of these right now. :love: :love:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I tried this recipe last night...modified it a bit with ground chicken...it was terrific! Thanks for posting it.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I tried this recipe last night...modified it a bit with ground chicken...it was terrific! Thanks for posting it.

Do you have any leftovers you can share?? :laugh:

Today is a cold and dreary day...would be perfect for some Meatloaf muffins. :love:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    loafing meat is not usually good but
    I LOVE THIS THREAD:laugh:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    loafing meat is not usually good but
    I LOVE THIS THREAD:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    These ARE good!! I make them with ground turkey.

I think I have mentioned that about 20 times over the PAGES of this thread!!!! :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    drool.gif
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I think I have mentioned that about 20 times over the PAGES of this thread!!!! :laugh:

ground turkey.....21 times seems better for some reason:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options

Haven't tried it with ground turkey...I will have to try this writing.gif
  • TamTastic
    Options

Haven't tried it with ground turkey...I will have to try this writing.gif
    Yes, ground turkey is good stuff! I use it in place of ground beef in most recipes.

Ground Turkey anyone???:laugh: