your input please gentlemen...

Options

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    CURVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #8,9,and 10 are my type of girls.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    So I wanna chime in. This topic has come up before and I've always found it interesting. I realize many men say they prefer curves and such... but I've had quite a different experience with in my own transformation. I used to be more curvy... more butt and boobs. I did a lot of strength training too so I was strong and fit but had that extra layer of padding. Before I shed 20lbs I was pretty much just average. I felt like when I went to the pool/beach or anywhere for that matter I pretty much just faded into the background. I wasn't "noticed" by men... or anyone for that matter. Now I'm getting a COMPLETELY different reaction. Now to be fair... I'm not sure if people are looking at me and thinking "Gosh she's too thin... she could use a burger and fries..." or if they are thinking, "Wow... she's got a rockin' bod!" I would hope it's the latter :tongue: OR.... I could be completely off and people are noticing me more because of my confidence and not my body?!?! I will admit I have been told by a couple of guys at the gym that they thought I looked better thicker... perhaps that was just their preference? However... regardless... none of that really matters because the truth is I prefer the size I am now. I am more confident and I finally feel like my body looks like I've always wanted it to. I did this for me.

a visual so you can see what I mean...
    5799405628_ae49ff6c25.jpg
  • melindaw1977
    Options
    Showed the pic to my husband and he thought 2 or 5. I think 2 is just looking sexy in general, so it's hard to go off of the just body type. I think 5 looks good, healthy and fit.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for a beautiful face any day of the week. Skinny is meh... I like a woman with a little bit ... So lets just say I like fit and not skinny
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I think on both sides of the coin, it comes down to confidence and personality that attracts us to one another in the long run. That first initial attraction is purely based on physical attraction. As this post is geared towards that, you have most of our answers... I've found (even when I was overweight) that any girl COULD find me attractive if they got to know me... because I like to flirt, say nice things, and genuinely be a nice guy. I've had close women friends call me a "genuine charmer" before, because I don't just say something to you to "get in your pants" or anything stupid... I say it cause I mean it. If someone is confident, there's not much that can stand in their way.

Sean and I think much alike lol.

For reals... Thank you for saying this. I would say that it is true.... The first attraction is physical but what comes after that and beyond is much more.

I wonder what all of you girls would "rate" (would that be the correct word choice)... I guess what you think you would be on the picture scale that an earlier poster put up. I personally would put my body type as a mix between #5 and #11 just because I am very fit but still with problem areas - What we see in our minds may not be what everyone else thinks when they look at us.

Is it just me or does the "average" girl #14 look too thin? Why would they pick such a tiny petite girl to be average? I am 5'6 (Almost 6' in heels!) I love my height. What is considered average???
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Actually, if I can ransack this thread a bit. I was curious myself after coming across this picture.

http://i54.tinypic.com/iwivbn.jpg

Out of that list, 15, definitely.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Bump. Interesting, but I usually defer to evolutionary psychology studies for these sort of things (FASCINATING stuff, btw)...
  • radtcma
    radtcma Posts: 10
    Options
    So I wanna chime in. This topic has come up before and I've always found it interesting. I realize many men say they prefer curves and such... but I've had quite a different experience with in my own transformation. I used to be more curvy... more butt and boobs. I did a lot of strength training too so I was strong and fit but had that extra layer of padding. Before I shed 20lbs I was pretty much just average. I felt like when I went to the pool/beach or anywhere for that matter I pretty much just faded into the background. I wasn't "noticed" by men... or anyone for that matter. Now I'm getting a COMPLETELY different reaction. Now to be fair... I'm not sure if people are looking at me and thinking "Gosh she's too thin... she could use a burger and fries..." or if they are thinking, "Wow... she's got a rockin' bod!" I would hope it's the latter :tongue: OR.... I could be completely off and people are noticing me more because of my confidence and not my body?!?! I will admit I have been told by a couple of guys at the gym that they thought I looked better thicker... perhaps that was just their preference? However... regardless... none of that really matters because the truth is I prefer the size I am now. I am more confident and I finally feel like my body looks like I've always wanted it to. I did this for me.

a visual so you can see what I mean...
    5799405628_ae49ff6c25.jpg

If you don't mind me using this picture as an example, I wouldn't have an issue with either body type. I'm a mechanic and have very strong hands, I like a girl that doesn't feel like will break when I grab her tightly, but I like the second picture because I can appreciate the hard work you have put in, and also because, even without seeing your face, I can see gobs of confidence seeping out.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    in ref to the above pics, I would almost say thats too skinny. A guy doesn't want a girl with a 6 pack if he is carrying around a case of his own.

I like a little junk in the trunk. besides, its whats between the ears that does it, not what is skin deep.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm a chick, but if Reddit posts are an indication, men like slender waists (squishy vs toned is a matter of individual taste) and full perky breasts (C-D cup maybe?).
    Kind of a bummer if you are naturally small busted at any weight.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    in ref to the above pics, I would almost say thats too skinny. A guy doesn't want a girl with a 6 pack if he is carrying around a case of his own.

I like a little junk in the trunk. besides, its whats between the ears that does it, not what is skin deep.

I get what you're saying and I think you've brought up an interesting point. I guess it all depends on what you are trying to attract. I've got a super-fit husband. Before I loss the weight I was self-conscious because I felt like the chunky wife of hunky man. I now feel like we look more like we belong together... if that makes any sense...
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    men are all different arent they. Theyre just people and all have different tastes.

If it was purely on looks alone, id say my boyfriend would go for any of the first 5, although ive been a fair bit bigger than those after pregnancies and he didnt lose any interest, because it was still me, and he loves me, but hes always gone for slim girls. His ex wife was 5ft 6 and 99lb, and im the same height and 118 and he thinks my body is awesome.
    I know lots of guys that like very slim, and its hardly big news, or these magazines wouldnt sell.

There are also a lot of guys that prefer a bit bigger - one of my friend is into BBWs.
    Ive had a lot of positive comments since i started running and went from 129 to 118 (im maintaining now) Ive also had a few that have said im getting too thin, but you cant please everyone, nor am i interested in doing so.
    from what i can see, it seems to please the MAJORITY of guys, you need to be slim to average, but at any body shape or body type, there will be someone who gets off on it, so the best thing is to please yourself
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

I get what you're saying and I think you've brought up an interesting point. I guess it all depends on what you are trying to attract. I've got a super-fit husband. Before I loss the weight I was self-conscious because I felt like the chunky wife of hunky man. I now feel like we look more like we belong together... if that makes any sense...

Don't get me wrong, you look amazing. It's just not MY perfect type. I want someone that is fit and toned, with a little bit of padding over those rock hard abs ;)
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm a chick, but if Reddit posts are an indication, men like slender waists (squishy vs toned is a matter of individual taste) and full perky breasts (C-D cup maybe?).
    Kind of a bummer if you are naturally small busted at any weight.

Don't get down!! I'm naturally small on the top with a great big J-Lo butt. I always say my upper and lower halves don't match and women of color have asked about my heritage (seriously). Let's just say that I have never lacked for attention. Lots of men love a big 'ol tush!
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    So if I'm being completely honest... I don't have a specific preference of what I find physically attractive, however... I don't find women who have large bust sizes to be that attractive. Just speaking from the heart here, most of my ex's or women I've been interested in have around a B, maybe C cup size. But again... every guy IS different. lol
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    So I showed my husband that scale posted earlier. He said "It's a trap!" and would have no more of it.
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering if there is a similiar scale/pic with males ranging from skinny to thick, etc. I love men in all shapes, sizes, colors, ages . . . I'd better quit while I'm ahead! LOL.
    Let's just say, I *love* men and all the various . . . . see? There I go again.

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    most men want women with curves in my experience. x3

with that said, look the way YOU want to look...and you will find someone who loves the way you feel happy looking.

i want to be more like type #1 and #2...because it makes me happy.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    So I showed my husband that scale posted earlier. He said "It's a trap!" and would have no more of it.

Wise, wise man.
    So if I'm being completely honest... I don't have a specific preference of what I find physically attractive, however... I don't find women who have large bust sizes to be that attractive. Just speaking from the heart here, most of my ex's or women I've been interested in have around a B, maybe C cup size. But again... every guy IS different. lol

Once again...right in line with how I feel.

Are we related??

More seriously though...that's why #4 was a turn off...she'd have been nearly perfect, except those huge breasts sticking out the top. They didn't suit her. Not that there's anything wrong with big breasts...on the right body. I dated a girl out of high school that was 5'2" tall (I'm 5'7"), slim...maybe 105lbs, and had a big c cup...or maybe a small d, it's been awhile...but they were about as much as her frame could have handled without looking cartoonish, and it was borderline as it was. My most recent ex was 5'5", 115-135lbs depending on when in the last six years you checked, and was a 34 big b to small c. Her body mostly resembled #4...nice rear, slim waist, tapered from semi broad shoulders (for a woman), and without the oversized breasts. That really is probably my 'ultimate' hot body. The level of tone is irrelevant (meaning towards #5) as long as it's there...she wasn't very muscular, but not to the 'skinny fat' point either.

So that's that lol. Oh, and just for the sake of it...face wise...it would be between #4 and #5 as well...with #5 edging it out a little in those pictures.

Cris
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    044.460x325.jpg

In the other photo my ideal is #12 or #13. #12 is the body type I had and that's the one I want back! At this point I would be thrilled with #13.

But speaking from personal experience confidence and intelligence can trump a smokin' hot bod. I have never lacked for male attention even at my heaviest.