Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    just stopping by for a quick hello to mark the new thread in my topics. have a good night everyone!!
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hurray! Bump
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for being absent! I am at 160.8lbs this week. I weighed myself yesterday morning, but forgot to post! Also, I am happy to report this week was my first time back at the gym. I worked out twice this week, so a total of 60 minutes (roughly.) Hope everyone's October is off to a good start!
  • nieme
    nieme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Went for a nice 3 mile power walk today since it was gorgeous outside. I had originally planned on a yoga day, but was much happier to spend some time outside instead! Annnnd since I'd normally only walk 1.5-2 miles, I did an extra 15 minutes toward my exercise owl!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty good day at work, and I'm incredibly proud of myself for upping my exercise for a change, lol.

Oh, on that note, I did want to verify that I'm understanding the exercise portion, though. Basically what I'm understanding is that you can earn 2 OWLs per day (if you do an extra 30), but that's the maximum, right? So in a day, the highest number of OWLS possible is a total of four (2 exercise, 1 spirit, 1 food)...yes?
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    What the hell is going on with me? Seriously- I haven't checked in for 4 days!!!!!!! Sorry :(

Stats so far this week (Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday)
    Food- +1 (I'm not a green person- will have to work on this)
    Exercise (extra 15 minutes)- +3 (Saturday/Monday/Today)
    Spirit- +1

Weekly Totals:
    Owls- 5 House Points:265
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Yeesh, I'm so out of it I had to look up the food goal for this week. At least I'm 2/2 without even knowing it.

The big interview was yesterday. I think the HR person is a bit disorganized. She didn't have me sign an NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) which is very typical when interviewing at a software company. You often end up talking about unannounced products in development. She also scheduled me for four back to back, 30 minute interviews. That's ok, but as a small company of 60 people, making sure I'm a good fit with the culture is important. I also need to convince the engineers that I know the technology, can communicate effectively with them, as well as explain the information to customers. That is very difficult to do in 30 minutes. Well, as I expected, it turned into four 1 hour interviews. In my second interview, the engineer was floored when we were doing a walk through of the product and we were discussing a disaster recovery scenario. Not only did I explain the process, but I thought it would be better experience for the customer to join a recovered server to the customer's domain, instead of keeping the server isolated and doing a simple DNS redirect. (Sorry if that sounds like gibberish to you, it's a lesser known form of Gobbledegook.) He agreed, it would be a better customer experience, but they currently don't support that configuration.

Heh, heh...I have a hunch I'll get an offer this week. :bigsmile:

Spirit +2 - I never count my spirit post until AFTER I post, Sunday and yesterday.
    Exercise +0 - probably 0 for me for the week, I'll be happy to get my 5 walks in this week
    Food (Greens) +2 - Spinach on Sunday, cabbage yesterday

Still need to calculate my actual exercise minutes. I walked Sunday and this morning, plus my squats, etc.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ravenclaws!

Yesterday i got 1 spirit owl, 2 excercise owls, and one food owl - go me!!

_gwen - I hope you get the job!! Sounds like you had great interviews, i am sending you good and positive thoughts.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty good day at work, and I'm incredibly proud of myself for upping my exercise for a change, lol.

Oh, on that note, I did want to verify that I'm understanding the exercise portion, though. Basically what I'm understanding is that you can earn 2 OWLs per day (if you do an extra 30), but that's the maximum, right? So in a day, the highest number of OWLS possible is a total of four (2 exercise, 1 spirit, 1 food)...yes?

@kelly - that is exactly right. Since we're Ravenclaws, I knew we could all handle the additional math challenge :wink:

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    so, i kept weighing myself this morning, and it kept going between 199.8 and 200.2...

MY BATHROOM TILES ARE CROOKED!! i can't exactly put the scale on the wood floor in the hallway, cuz....well....i weigh myself naked LOL so that would be a little weird.

and i WON'T say i'm in one-derland until i'm officially 100% positive!!

i really need to find some straight tiles!
  • azsuzi
    Options
    so, i kept weighing myself this morning, and it kept going between 199.8 and 200.2...

MY BATHROOM TILES ARE CROOKED!! i can't exactly put the scale on the wood floor in the hallway, cuz....well....i weigh myself naked LOL so that would be a little weird.

and i WON'T say i'm in one-derland until i'm officially 100% positive!!

i really need to find some straight tiles!
    oooo craft! SOOO close!! Hope you find some straight tiles - or just wait til you're home alone and weigh out in the hallway! Keep us posted!! I'm so excited for you!!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Another new topic! :smile:

This has not been too great a week for me in terms of exercising :grumble: , but hopefully I can still turn it around :smile:

Have a great day all.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Week 1 October results!!
    This week's Prefects are:

For weight loss: desj16 lost 1.10%!!
    For OWLs, we had a 3-way tie between kellyisfat, scarlettdawn764 and sundancer1966 with 19 OWLs each. Since only one can be Prefect and assign the challenge for next week, the Prefect badge goes to the first to weigh in - sundancer1966!!

desj16, please email me by Wednesday with an exercise challenge for next week.
    sundancer1966, you get the food challenge.

Congratulations to our new Prefects!!

Ravenclaw10.10.11.jpg

Old Prefects please remove the badges from your signature. New Prefects, add this link as an image insert to your signatures:
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-
    snc7/s720x720/293170_581934208813_179201885_32311737_1832636409_n.jpg
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oh cool, I didn't expect to win any of these weekly ones hehe! :smile:

I'll think up of something for the OWL.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    congrats to desj and sundancer for being our awseome prefects this week!!!

gwen-good luck with the job offer, hope you get it and they offer you tons of money!!

craft338-i'll be holding my breath for you for next weigh in!!!

hope everyone is having a great day. stuck at work late and the end is NOT in sight-probably won't get a workout in. (not that i would be posting while a work or anything!!!)
    see ya tomorrow . :bigsmile:
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    I have been been busy the last couple days i am sorry for not checking in. Holidays and birthday parties this weekend have set me back a bit, but I am looking forward to resuming my workout routine. Or rather really giving it a go. I just get so easily distracted these days. i did well with my greens one day and I really should eat like that every day.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    ok I HAVE to do this this week.

So yesterday:

+1 veggies
    +1 Exercise (not 2, boohoo)
    +1 spirit.... I .... think. My days run together.

Today I already hit the veggies and exercise + 1
    I'll do naother 15 extra tonight aaaaaand spirit post for the day is:

I had a yuuummy chicken sandwich today AND I had a milk chocolate ball from sees (40 calories) -- and I'm totally gonna have another one after I have my protein powder. Maybe. I was REALLY craving chocolate while I was blitzing around the mall at lunch time.

Also I went to lululemon and tried on a ta-ta tamer because I was really interested in them. I like it but GAWD 55 bucks for a sports bra. Arrrgh. Unfortuantely it seems like unless I fork up some extra cash I'm going to have a hard time getting something that handles 34 D's well.
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Also I went to lululemon and tried on a ta-ta tamer because I was really interested in them. I like it but GAWD 55 bucks for a sports bra. Arrrgh. Unfortuantely it seems like unless I fork up some extra cash I'm going to have a hard time getting something that handles 34 D's well.
    Tell me about it - I spent an HOUR trying on bras the other day!! I needed to replace my old one because my shape has really changed and finding the right fit was a nightmare. I had to forgo the sports bra because of cost ($50!) in favor of a couple of every day types, but I really do need a good sports bra before I hurt myself. (Sorry Justin!! :laugh: )
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it - I spent an HOUR trying on bras the other day!! I needed to replace my old one because my shape has really changed and finding the right fit was a nightmare. I had to forgo the sports bra because of cost ($50!) in favor of a couple of every day types, but I really do need a good sports bra before I hurt myself. (Sorry Justin!! :laugh: )

I need new bras too - luckily i have one that i bought because I thought thats the size I was and I was NOT that size at the time but now I am (yay) so I have one at least. I really need a second but one of my old onesis still functioning ok - it doesn't took GREAT (edges of the cup stick out) but its working for now.

If you are a more normal cup size, TJMaxx and REI clearance racks are good for sports bra deals. but because I'm so narrow around the band I find that the bra is either too tight on the cup or too lose on the band. Probably have no choice but to fork out cash for a high impact one. Lower impact ones aren't as picky.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hullo! Hope all is well with everyone!