Favorite cereal?

Options
123457»

Replies

• awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Special K Blueberry - I eat this raw as a snack sometimes. Also Life Cereal. Yum. Haven't had either in a long time though.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Kashi Autumn Wheat

Kashi Good Friends

:) I heart Kashi
  • Montco_cancel
    Montco_cancel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Honey Kix. Simply for the fact that a serving is 1.25 cups instead of 1 or 3/4. More food for the same calories!
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You guys in the US are SO lucky! So much to choose from! I usually have Weetbix (3) with trim milk, sometimes with some canned fruit. Always 250 cals or less. :smile:

Not really... a lot of the cereals you have there, we have here, except companies add in high fructose corn syrup, more sugar, dextrose and anything else they can stuff in to make it as unhealthy as possible. Reading some of the responses here... do ya'll actually read what's on the ingredients list or do you just check the calories? Sigh.
  • jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    it was lucky charms, but i switched over to a organic verison of it, yum

what's the organic version of lucky charms???
  • jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Favorite by taste, Cap'n Crunch with Crunchberries, Lucky Charms (although it did give me a fat lip once, I don't hold a grudge), and Booberry (which I can only find at Halloween).

I do really, really, REALLY like Fiber One Caramel Delight. But then I end up farting so much, I sound like someone revvin' a Harley Davidson. The Fiber One 80 Calorie Honey Squares are pretty good, too. Even though I end up eating more than 80 calories worth, it's still a very low cal breakfast. But again... the fiber will leave you ripping. :embarassed:

Favorite breakfasts, the ones I have the most, are an English Muffin with Nutella, or an Asiago Cheese bagel. I :heart: carbs.

LMBO...how did Lucky Charms give you a fat lip? Did Lucky catch you stealing his charms? lol

Fiber One tastes sooo good...but yeah it has us sounding like machine guns over here...my mom's like oh snap they shootin' lol!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Multi-grain cheerios! <3 them!
    This is the kind I eat too j when I choose cereal for breakfast with 2% milk however I only use the milk just to get them "wet" so I dont use all the milk and then I always have a side of fruit with whatever breakfast I eat
  • letsgetserious
    letsgetserious Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I luuuv special K fruit and yogart..... i have this every morning....
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I love Grape Nuts, and have since I was younger. I like to let the milk soak into them so they get softer but still have a little crunch :wink: Not like other cereals where you have to wolf it down to keep it from getting soggy. I also like Quaker Oatmeal Squares (the regular kind). I always use 2% milk because with skim, I might as well drink water, and I don't like the sedimentation of whole milk.

Another poster said something about going old school with corn flakes and bananas...bananas make any kind of cereal THAT much better! :happy:
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Special K Vanilla Almond is my guilty pleasure. (drool)
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    it was lucky charms, but i switched over to a organic verison of it, yum

what's the organic version of lucky charms???
    Its called Mothers Best Nature Mellow Oats
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    If you are looking for healthier options you may want to try brands such as Kashi or Nature's Path. They both have a wide variety of cereals which contain less sugar and sodium then the mainstream brands and no additives. They also taste great too.

Seconded. Also Mom's Naturals is good (seen it at Walmart and Teeter, and it's the same brand that does Oat Revolution) and a lot of the store brand cereals are surprisingly healthy. Market Pantry (Target), Food Lion, etc. They often have less sugar and "crap", ESPECIALLY high fructose corn syrup, versus the Kellogg's cereals. Not going to lie, I haven't eaten a Kellogg's cereal in well over a year. Too much junk in it for me.
    I love mom natural, that what me and the kids eat or we eat kashi
  • Monika135
    Monika135 Posts: 66
    Options
    I love Protien Plus! It's crunchy!
  • porter09
    porter09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love Grape Nuts, and have since I was younger. I like to let the milk soak into them so they get softer but still have a little crunch :wink: Not like other cereals where you have to wolf it down to keep it from getting soggy. I also like Quaker Oatmeal Squares (the regular kind). I always use 2% milk because with skim, I might as well drink water, and I don't like the sedimentation of whole milk.

Another poster said something about going old school with corn flakes and bananas...bananas make any kind of cereal THAT much better! :happy:

me too i just found grape nuts and i love them lol i always let my cereal soak cant eat it when its crunchy
  • messy_jessie98
    Options
    Special K with fresh fruit and almond milk....yum! Also love rice crispies and multi-grain cheerios.