Stay at home mommies unite! 60 day challenge

Options

Replies

• MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Woohoo go Team Pink!! Well a bit about myself: I'm a 23 yr old SAHM to a 2 year old boy. Last year I lost about 40 lbs. and this year I've lost (and GAINED BACK) 15 lbs. I have 21-26 lbs to go to my goal weight. And I'd really like to lose 15-20 by the end of these 60 days! I'm excited!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Team Pink:
    I've sent you all friend requests to keep each other motivated.

Also, my screen name is long, it's mom2caelebncasyn :)
  • Mbelzner10
    Mbelzner10 Posts: 39
    Options
    Sorry, didn't talk about myself before. I am 35, married and mother of 16 yr old daughter, 9 yr old daughter, and 6 yr old son. I live in Md. Anyone feel free to add me for this challenge :) Looking forward to the challenge :)
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness! I am loving it... thanks for starting this thread Karie... Its so motivating, I am sure all of us will feel better everyday by following this challenge... Also, I am going to add everyone here on my frnds list... I hope all are ok with it.. :-)

Sorry forgot to introduce myself...

I am Renuka married to a wonderful person.. I am a dancer, so willing to shred few lbs to get back to shape and of course a healthy lifestyle.. I am sure I will be in few months time..

Can't wait....

All set for a new beginning... :-)))
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Anyone from any of the teams can feel free to add me if they'd like!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Ditto!:wink:
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes! Add me too if you want! :)
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi Blue Team!! Add me! All other ladies please add me as well... I am 26yrs old.. I have a girl who just turned 5 and boy who will be 2 in oct. I need to lose about 30lbs. ugh! but I am determined to do it. Just need the support and motivation. Also I would like to know what you ladies are doing exercise wise. I tend to get bored real easy and maybe we can give each other with tips or ideas. Goes for food as well.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi Momof2!! I currently am doing the 30DS (30 Day Shred)!! I have found I really like it! It's hard and that Jillian really knows how to kick your butt!! LOL! I also was doing the Walk Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone. They are pretty good and did loose some weight doing her 2 mile walk! I am scheduling in Yoga twice a week too. After starting Jillian's 30DS I knew I needed to get in some stretching and balance! LOL! I like to do the yoga once the kids are down for the day. It also works on calming you and centering you.

I look forward to see what others are doing for exercise too! :)
  • Tigermomma66
    Tigermomma66 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Go red!

I am a 44 year old SAHM with a five year old girl and two teen girls (the two oldest are my SDs). I was at my highest in the late 90's at around 185. I lost down to 199, then I slowly gained back to recently where I was at 249. I refused to let it hit 250, so I started getting serious about weight loss. I knew I needed lifestyle changes, and I needed a journey to wellness. I found this while searching on my Droid for food journal programs.

I am doing a 28-day allergy elimination diet right now. I did one years ago, along with allergy testing, and found that I am allergic to corn, peanuts, and soy. It's only been mild, and I haven't been strict about my diet. Now that I am doing this elimination thing, it's amazing how much I am improving. I am more committed to keeping those out of my diet in the future, hard as that will be sometimes.

I am whittling away at my partners in crime: Jabba the Gut and Jabba the Butt. Jabba Gut is likes to dominate because of her size, but I keep sending her back to boot camp with my trainer trying to chip away at her exterior. HA.

Can't wait to get to know all of you and enjoy this challenge together. Smiles and hugs to all!!
  • poesch77
    Options
    Currently I am doing 30 Day Shred...I have 7 more days of level 3 left then I am done! So glad cuz I get bored really easy! Before this I was doing Zumba on the PS3 move and got thru all levels...then got bored! AND.... before that I did the treadmill 20-40min 3-4x per week...whatever the baby allowed me to do...lol! I have a couple of videos saved in que on Netflix I want to try after The Shred......as you can see I get bored very easily!!! Ready for a new challenge!! Go Blue Team!!

Stacey
  • momof2_0710
    Options
    I've been doing the 30ds too, but on uverse, but its only has level 1. I'm thinking about doing the insanity workouts but I need to get it. As of right now I've been interested in kickboxing and I really like it. Right now my upper body is sore. So that is a good thing. Also my grandparents have a pool so I try to sneak in some exercise in there too.
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I didn't post about me earlier...I'm Deanna, I'm 28 years old and married to my awesome guy for 8 years! We have 3 amazing kiddos. My oldest ds is gonna be 8 the end of the month, my other ds is 4 and my dd is 2. I'm a sahm and we are implanted in Florida for the next couple years. ;)
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Okay Ladies since we have our teams we will start with our "Weigh in Wednesdays"

Our post will read:
    Starting MFP Weight
    Starting SAHMU Weight
    Week 1 Weight
    Goal Weight

* If you have already lost weight on your journey here at MFP you are welcome to post it here.

Week 1
    Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Cardio: Get out those strollers Ladies!! (if your kids are to big for a stroller, have them come along if they can keep up).
    Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ( I notice alot of you are doing workout videos and if you would rather do those that is okay, just make sure it is 4 times this week to count your point)
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week

Food Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Kitchens closes at 8:30pm!

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around. (try to limit it to just one reason, something that you may need to just get out, it helps to release our emotional baggage along with our weight)

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.

I need some Team Captains!!! Help motivate your Team!
  • momof2_0710
    Options
    Wow the food challenge will be a little tough for me. Reason being is that my husband works nights so I'm on his schedule, but I will make it work. This just means I will need to get up earlier to go for my walks before school and before my kids get up for the day.
  • holli3586
    holli3586 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can be captain of pink if no one has already taken it or want it... :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    So, I feel like a huge slacker reading about all the exercise you all do!

I take walks with my boys in the morning (my 7 year old walks with me and I push my 2 year old in the stroller) and we use our subdivsion pool some days. I try and swim some or do some water jogging while they are playing in the kiddie pool, but that doesn't always work out. Other than that, I either play the Wii or do exercise videos from Netflix....but maybe that's why I keep reaching plateaus. Oh, and I also have a couple of goals for myself. Everyday I do at least 200 crunches (and days I skip, then I have to carry them over, like yesterday I had to do 600 to catch up from the weekend). And I also have eliminated ice cream (my weakness!) from my diet until our trip to Disney next week, because I'm sure I'll have to eat at least a little there.

Sorry for my long ramblings. Besides my DH, I have barely any adult interactions, so I tend to ramble. Sorry. :blushing:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning all!! Just read the first weeks challenges, I'll have to remember to add in squats, walking will be easy, I already do that. So what do you think Team Red, Can we do this? Hell Ya!!!
  • poesch77
    Options
    Can the kitchen close at 9:30pm...I like to have a snack after supper but wait til the kids go to bed...and in the summer I let my 6 yr stay up a lil later!! I treasure my alone time with my snack to devour by MYSELF!!!
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Ditto!:wink: