Stay at home mommies unite! 60 day challenge

Options

Replies

• babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    this is all starting tomorrow on Wednesday right...that's when we keep points!! the close the kitchen at 8:30 is gonna be a tough one for me!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Can the kitchen close at 9:30pm...I like to have a snack after supper but wait til the kids go to bed...and in the summer I let my 6 yr stay up a lil later!! I treasure my alone time with my snack to devour by MYSELF!!!

I have to wait till my kids are down for good too!! LOL! If not, then I'd have to share and I'm NOT sharing my diet treats! LMAO!! That sounds mean, but they have their own snacks and need to stay out of mine! ;)

Okay ... So, for the exercise challenge ... I am doing the 30DS daily. It takes me about 30 mins to do it since I add in extra stretching. Will this count as walking? There are squats built in too ... do they count once or do I need to do an extra 25 squats? Also, since I do that for 30 mins a day, could I just add the 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sanson to equate to the full 45 mins on days I don't do yoga? I have made Tuesday and Thursday my yoga days. I plan on doing about 30 mins of yoga on those days. I'm only asking so I don't mess up my team's points. :)
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

First of all
    The exercise challenge:
    As long as you are working out at a good pace for 45 min 4 times this week- your point counts! yay

Food Challenge:
    If everyone agrees to change closing time to 9:30 that is okay with me, I just want to make sure we are not all mindless eating at night.

I hope everyone likes the first weeks challenge, I know for some it will be easy and for some a challenge, I just wanted to start out with a challenge everyone can complete.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Team Captains:

Pink Team- holli3586

Red Team- Circusmom

Green Team- NewLife_11

We still need a Blue Team Captain! Any Takers?
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    yes you can count those 25 squats in your video.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with 9:30 closing time.
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    yes you can count those 25 squats in your video.

Yay!! I was afraid my thighs would fall off if I had to do more! LOL! ;)

I think these challenges are great!! :) Good luck to everyone! :)
  • antbug21
    antbug21 Posts: 56
    Options
    Any chance of starting a purple team? :)
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    If you would like to be the captain and can find 4 more member for your team, then yes! We could all use the support.
  • antbug21
    Options
    Yes, I will be the captain. New to MFP so I guess we can just announce here that there is now a purple team! Any takers??
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I have one girl who I think will join you on the purple Team. I will let you know
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Okay, I will be the Blue Team captain......1st time for everything!

Can I count 25min of the Shred then 20min of some other form of exercise to equal the 45minutes? I am almost done with the Shred and want to complete it!!

Stacey
  • antbug21
    Options
    I have one girl who I think will join you on the purple Team. I will let you know

Awesome! Ready to finally lose this weight for good. Definitely helps to have some motivation and support!!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Okay, I will be the Blue Team captain......1st time for everything!

Can I count 25min of the Shred then 20min of some other form of exercise to equal the 45minutes? I am almost done with the Shred and want to complete it!!

Stacey

Yay! Go Blue!

Yes of course you can count the shred, good for you for sticking to it!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

Any takers for team Purple??
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    We need a few good momies for the Purple team, help eachother stay motiveted and meet challenges weekly.
  • NewLife_11
    Options

We need atleast 3 more members for the purple team, so you will have to keep posting today so that people see your request, you will need a full team by tomorrow for our first "weigh in wednesday" Good Luck!
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Bump for Purple Team!! :)
  • antbug21
    Options
    Join me on the purple team. 3 spots are left!!! Woot Purple!!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm super pumped to be on team green! I figured I'd introduce myslef before weighing tomorrow.

Technically I'm no longer a SAHM, I retunred to work after a yearlong maternity leave but in my heart I am still at home with my boy. He's going to be one in 2 days. I'm 26, married and super motivated to lose weight! I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. Food is my vice, my comfort when I'm sad, my reward when I've accomplished something and my entertainment when I'm bored. When I read that back to myself it's not hard to see why I am so big. LOL!

When I was pregnant it was easy to make the right choices. I did it without thinking. Because I was doing it for my little unborn baby. Then my son was born and all the bad habits came back. Then, as he pregoressed to finger foods I became very discenring about what I'd give him. I didn't want him to develop the bad eating habits I had. Then one say, about 2 months ago, it occured to me that he will learn from the example set by his father and I. And we were both horrible eaters and couch potatoes. It was a hard realization because I felt like I was setting my son up for failure. So that day I committed to changing. A week late rmy husband joined me.

I'll be honest, I've started and failed more diets then I can care to think about. What I am doing is not a diet. It is a lifestlye change built upon solid nutrition and keeping active. Is weight loss a goal? ABSOLUTELY! I want to weigh less, fit into smaller clothes, and in general look and feel better than I currently do. But it's also about so much more than that. This started as something that I would do for my son, so he would have a good example. But now it;s for me. I'm done feeling ashamed of my size. I'm sick of being embarrassed by how I look. When I started this I weighed 261lbs. At 5'5" that is pretty unattractive. as of my last offical weigh in I was down 18.5 lbs. I'm excited ofr my weigh in tomorrow and I hope to report a further loss. My goal right now is to shift my BMI from the 'obese' categoryinto the 'overweight' category. LOL! That sounds crazy to say I want to be overweight! But I laothe being defined by the word 'obese'. It makes me cringe. So that's my first goal and I need to lose about 60ish lbs to do that. Once I've reached that goal I'll reassess and set some new goals.

I'm super pumped to be surrounded by so many other women that are on the same path as me. I want to be a support person for each and every one of you so if you are ever in need of a virtual pick me up, feel free to add me as a friend and I will be there to remind you to stay strong.

Can't wait for the challenge to begin tomorrow! Go Team Green!!

Lynda