*Summer Sweeties to Fall Knockouts* Week #5 7.18.11 (CLOSED

Options

Replies

• journey2size10
    Options
    Great challenge as this is my second week doing a fruit/veggie flush!
    My goal is 6 fruits and 4 veggies per day..should be a piece of cake.
    I make smoothies for breakfast and lunch and each smoothie has 2 fruits & 1 veggie.

NSVs -
    folding my underwear over as it comes up above my bellybutton now! too big, time for some cute panties
    completing first crossfit workout and beating out ALL the women there

Summer Sweets and Treats Challenge: 42 fruits & 28 veggie servings
    Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    Great idea my goal is 5 veggies/ 2 fruit servings a day. Didn't quite meet goals last week still trying to get over a nasty bug so working out was a bit challenging but at least I maintained :)
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    hey everyone,

I eat low-carb somewhat, so I limit my fruit intake. But I'll set my daily goal for 4 fruit/veggies per day.

My NSV is that some people are starting to notice that I'm skinnier, and it feels great.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hello Summer Sweeties,

SW 346
    LW 344
    CW 344

Total weight lost this challenge is 2 pounds! :heart: :heart:

I maintained this week! Considering my days I was suprised I did not gain and I will take it. No excuses, just not focused and can I blame the HEAT? :wink:

Anyway on to this week! Congrats to all losers:flowerforyou: and all who are consistent with checking in regardless of weight. :bigsmile:

Accountability is the reason we joined the challenge right so check in whether you are up or down. You will find in the end you are only helping YOU. Are YOU worth it? I know I am worth it!.

Have a good week SS!! We can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    Forgot to post my NSV. My friend who motivated me to get serious (again) about eating right and exercising is now asking me to print my food diary for her and asking me, "What are you doing to get your arms to look like that?"
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    NSV:I did a little shopping last week and I felt FABOULOUS!!! When I went shopping back in January, I was back up to 24/26. This time I was in 20/22''s and a few 18 tops. I wore one of the dresses yesterday and got so many compliments on weight and dress, etc and so you know I was inspired to keep pushing.

At the gym last week a lady wanted to know how much weight I had lost and I told her only about 44 pounds. She said why are you saying ONLY 44 pounds. I said to myself yeah why are you saying ONLY. I don't care if it has taken me since March of last year to do this. 44 pounds is 44 pounds right? So I am going to stop saying ONLY from now on.:blushing:

Regarding the challenge, I have decided to stick with veggies for me. I get more than enough fruit per day.

Summer Sweets and Treats Challenge: 32 servings of veggies this week -- average 4+ per day.
    M =
    T =
    W =
    T =
    F =
    S =
    S =

Total veggies left to go this week :heart: 0 :heart:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: QUESTION TO GROUP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

In challenge, are we counting corn, tomatoes, potatoes, etc as veggies? What are you counting as veggies or excluding? Krys?? :wink:
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    my goal is 4 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit a day
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is going to be 4 Veggies/ 4 Fruits.

My NSV is that I was told today that I was wasting away to nothing. Then, she asked how much I had lost and I told her 46 pounds and then asked how much more I wanted to lose and I told her 75 She then said that there wouldnt be anything left of me if i done that. I reassured her that there would still be plenty of me left.

So far this challenge I have lost 7.7 pounds.

I am actually amazed that I have lost 46 pounds I never imagined that I would be able to say that I lost 46 pounds because every other time that I tried to lose weight I always failed. This time I am Exceeding and I am so happy about it. :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

My NSV is that I was told today that I was wasting away to nothing. Then, she asked how much I had lost and I told her 46 pounds and then asked how much more I wanted to lose and I told her 75 She then said that there wouldnt be anything left of me if i done that. I reassured her that there would still be plenty of me left.

So far this challenge I have lost 7.7 pounds.

I am actually amazed that I have lost 46 pounds I never imagined that I would be able to say that I lost 46 pounds because every other time that I tried to lose weight I always failed. This time I am Exceeding and I am so happy about it. :)

Jaylynn, Congrats on 47 pounds lost and on 8 pounds lost this challenge!!
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mollie!!!
  • Chynadoll00
    Options
    Hi everyone ... Loved my Burn Baby Burn Challenge :0)

I am going to stick to 3 fruits and hit it for 3 veggies (needs improvement!)

My NSV: Is wearing sun dresses and the complements! and my ARMS needs more work but looking good!!

Although I am not losing as much as I would like to ... not sure whats up
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: These are some awesome NSV's I'm reading!! Way to go! Here's mine: I actually went to the store and tried on a pair of shorts... a size smaller than I wore last summer. To be fair, I was busting out of my size 14's last year and my "shorts" were actually capris. These were shorts. Not "Daisy Duke" short :laugh: , but above the knee. I actually looked at my legs and thought, "Nice." :laugh:

Okay, I'm aiming for 5 servings of veggies daily and 3 servings of fruit.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great NSV ladies!!! I don't have anything "major" to share but my pants/shorts are definatly getting bigger!

I've lost another 1.4 pounds. Yahoo, It feels good going in the right direction again!

For this weeks challenge I'm going to aim for 4 veggie servings and 2 fruits!
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am going to commit to 3 fruits and 3 veggies daily, (which I wad able to do today) My NSV is a sunburn on my stomach. I know it's a foolish and painful victory. I went to the beach and was exposed for too long with too little sunscreen. I am counting it as a victory because I have not had my stomach exposed to the sun in many years. When I go to the beach this week I think I will just be happy I am wearing a smaller size suit and keep covered!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Summer Sweets and Treats Challenge: 35 servings of veggies this week -- 5 per day.

M = 6
    T =
    W =
    T =
    F =
    S =
    S =

Total veggies left to go this week :heart: 29 :heart:
    [/quote]
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: QUESTION TO GROUP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

In challenge, are we counting corn, tomatoes, potatoes, etc as veggies? What are you counting as veggies or excluding? Krys?? :wink:

I am not counting potatoes, but am counting tomatoes. I am not counting corn either.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyone's NSVs you are all awesome and keep it up!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I have been at a standstill, weight wise (203), for the past 2 weeks. I am not sure what going.. Not sure if I should exercise more or eat more/less. What to do?