Juice fasting

Options
So Today I am starting the Juice fast, nothing but fruits and veggies juiced for 2 wks to see how I feel. I know some might disagree, but I got it okay'ed by my doctor and he will be watching me through this. It is safe and very healthy. Anyways I'm gonna write on here everyday, tell you how I feel and just kind of log stuff. If you want to join me, great, if not I'll let you know how it went. Pretty much what I want to do is cleanse my body from the toxin's and start my life over. Tired of being fat and I need to jump start my metabolism. And this is a way to do it. Yesterday My fiance and I got rid of All processed foods, my cuboards are bare and only a few spices, my frig became emptied and refilled with FRESH veggies and fruits, no frozen veggies or fruits, all have to be fresh and yesterday also went and bought a juicer, expensive, but in the long run, so worth it. I just had my breakfast of juiced strawberries, and apple and a large carrot. It was actually pretty good, I decided to drink it slowly to I stay full and well maybe this will help shrink my stomach, lord knows I love food and what I use to eat at one meal, so my stomach is pretty large. I'm gonna go ahead and tell you my weight. I normally like to keep this private because of how embarrassing it is to be big, but I think this will help me. Todays weight was 270......Last yr. Jan 2010 my heaviest was 280 and I have been able to keep 10lbs off, but I'm tired of the 200's ready to see 199. So this is the beginning of my new journey. The first couple of days WILL suck. I will be consuming lots of water to help not think about food. But It will get better. It just has to.

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this, too!! We watched a documentary on NetFlix yesterday about 'rebooting' and were totally inspired (this is HUGE bc I've lost and maintained a loss for almost 3 years now and he still has yet to be motivated by ANYTHING to lose weight...and he has 50ish lbs to lose). We're just doing 10 days to start, if we like it, and don't die (lol jk!) after 10 days, we'll see how much longer we want to continue. The subject in the film yesterday did it for 60 days...

Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • tonguetied07
    tonguetied07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I hope you make it... Always remember tommorow is a new day.
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My husband and I may have watched that exact same documentary because we're thinking about trying a juice fast, too! Anyway, so very interested to see your progress! Good luck to you :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and kudos for getting the okay from your doctor. I look forward to reading your posts.
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this, too!! We watched a documentary on NetFlix yesterday about 'rebooting' and were totally inspired (this is HUGE bc I've lost and maintained a loss for almost 3 years now and he still has yet to be motivated by ANYTHING to lose weight...and he has 50ish lbs to lose). We're just doing 10 days to start, if we like it, and don't die (lol jk!) after 10 days, we'll see how much longer we want to continue. The subject in the film yesterday did it for 60 days...

OMG I just watch that yesterday also on Netflix, how weird, it also inspired me and my fiance. I hope it works. definately want to be healthy again
  • cashmore
    cashmore Posts: 7
    Options
    Do you guys see a problem if you juice mostly carrots and apples when on the fast? I tried doing greens and its very hard to choke down. So today before work I did a big batch to last me through the day (of apples/pears/carrots/watermelon/orange ~ about 800 calories all together), then at home i will try greens.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have never done one but have sort of thought about it...not sure i could! lots of luck to you and i hope you get the results you want :) glad to see you did go through the doctor before making the decision to try it. Can't wait for the updates
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

OMG I just watch that yesterday also on Netflix, how weird, it also inspired me and my fiance. I hope it works. definately want to be healthy again

what was the name of the documentary?
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your post, encoragement and support, cause these next few days I'm sure I'm gonna need it, its gonna be the hardest...:sad:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I personally couldn't do it...I have low blood sugar and literally become stupid if I don't eat substantial food! A lot of people might give you some backlash on this post...my immediate reaction when I saw the title was to say "NO!" But you clearly outlined your reasons and it sounds like you did some research as opposed to just jumping on a fad that says if you eat nothing but bananas for the rest of your life you'll be in perfect shape :)
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Keep us posted!!!!!!
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    The doc was called...Fat, Sick and Nearly dead
  • dinitrilestari
    Options
    bump
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    My son watched this on Netflix and was telling me about it. Where can you find more info?
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Do you guys see a problem if you juice mostly carrots and apples when on the fast? I tried doing greens and its very hard to choke down. So today before work I did a big batch to last me through the day (of apples/pears/carrots/watermelon/orange ~ about 800 calories all together), then at home i will try greens.

I had a problem with spinach, the juicer doesn't like it, oh well need to keep juicing... I hope you can get the juices you need
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    My son watched this on Netflix and was telling me about it. Where can you find more info?

Just look up Juice fasting theres tones of info on the subject, but also thats why I got it okay'ed by my doctor, don't want to kill myself...lol
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Only thing I would recommend is more veggies in your juice. The first few days you will feel like CRAP. Then it gets better! Lots better :) Kale is fantastic in juice. You just don't want your juice full of sweet fruits or you'll make yourself hungrier. You can chew gum to help with the "I miss the act of chewing on food" feeling. Happy juicing! I will be doing a "fast" again once I quit nursing. Right now I do a juice for myself and the kids first thing in the morning just to boost our input of nutrients :) Go for and have fun experimenting with new combos in your juice.

PS- Ginger and wheat grass are great for detox
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    My sister just called me about this documentary. She watched it too.

This got us talking about a juice diet she and I did a few years ago. We lost a lot of weight, but became really sluggish. One night we both realized we couldn't workout. I was heavier than her to begin with and my brain seemed to be working better. I told her we needed to eat food. We went to the grocery store and just stood there. It was difficult to even think. Once we did eat, we both realized how out of it we had been and how little energy we had.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it. As long as you have a doctor's approval, I say go for it. I just want everyone to know that the side effects aren't always positive.
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump. interesting would like to see how it works out for you keep us posted.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I notice someone else said kudos on checking with your doctor. I agree, but just wanted to throw in sometimes doctors give bad advice too. My mother in law has been losing lots of weight based on a diet designed for her by her doctor...of only 500 calories per day. Sounds 100% ridiculous to me. I can't believe she can even walk.