Dukan it out !!! - The Dukan Diet

Options

Replies

• hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi

I started the Dukan diet today :-)

I was going to start it a few months ago, but got sidetracked and didn't have the right mindset/grocery cupboard to hand!

Been out to the shops today armed with my list of 'allowed' foods and stuck to them, and bought plenty of goodies. My housemates think I'm insane though.

I've struggled to find fat free yogurt and fat free cottage cheese or spread cheese in NZ - can't find it in Countdown, Pak n Save OR New World which is really annoying... so I got some 99% fat free stuff. I hope this doesn't hold me back too much...

Todays menu is:
    Breakfast: 99% ff yogurt w/oatbran
    Lunch: 3 egg omelette with one slice diced 97% ff ham
    Dinner: Chicken tenders marinated in lemon juice, chilli flakes and garlic served with a side of 99% ff cottage cheese

Does this look ok to the Dukan veterans out there?

H :)
  • mmonica
    mmonica Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bumb !! Thinking about starting this diet
  • Teddyaderwich
    Teddyaderwich Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started the dukan diet 7 days ago - today is my last day of attack (I have +40lbs to lose :-(...)

It hasn't been that hard just having lean protein - but boy am I looking forward to some salad and veg tomorrow.

Be grateful for some Dukanee Weight-loss Pals :-)

Helen:smile:
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Hbunting, Monica and Teddy! Welcome!

I think you all will be very motivated and excited by your success with this diet, it works fantastically if you have the drive to stick with it.

I started on July 9 and have lost 22 lbs so far. I would have been by my goal by now, I think, but I've strayed and cheated several times. I'm currently back on Attack phase. I've grounded myself, lol.

I wish you all great success on Attack phase, pls let us know how your numbers go down, love to hear encouraging stories!!

Feel free to add me as a friend, I hope to support you in your Dukan journey!

Chat soon,
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi all

So today I'm on day 2 of the DD.

How do I feel?
    Hmmm tricky. Got a headache towards the end of last night - my body is completely not used to having minimal carbohydrate intake, so I was expecting this. I was also quite tired, but then again I had a pretty full-on day. This morning I felt fine. I soaked my oatbran in yogurt over night and it was really yummy this way. Will keep eating it this way for now. It's 3:20pm here and I'm hitting my afternoon wall and the headache is creeping back. However I have my trusty water bottle and herbal teabags so hopefully it will subside!

What have I eaten?
    Breakfast: Yogurt and oatbran mixed
    Lunch: 3oz very lean steak (fillet) and two eggs scrambled with salt, pepper and a pinch of oregano
    Dinner (later tonight) will be: chicken tenders baked with a touch of lemon juice, chilli flakes and garlic, 1/2 cup 99%ff chive cottage cheese and 2 rashers of 95%ff smoked chicken bacon

...lets see if I can hold it together.

Don't feel like I've lost any weight, but at this stage I'm guessing it's residual water from the carbs - plus the small ocean of water I'm drinking each day.

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!

I am on day 3 of the Dukan Diet and I as of day 2 I am dowm 3.5lbs!!!
    I really motivated and happy with these results. I feel like this is the lifestyle for me!!!!!
  • Erin_26
    Options
    Hi Shaj!

That is so awesome to hear, I also feel like Dukan is the lifestyle I am meant to have. Weird, but amazing at the same time. I feel so passionate and enthusiastic about how great it works, I want to shout it from the rooftops! :)
  • hopeforsuccess
    Options
    Hi - how did it go? I've started it today - Day 1 Attack - how are you getting on? I could do with some Dukan buddies also if you'd like to add me?
  • hopeforsuccess
    Options
    Hi all

So today I'm on day 2 of the DD.

How do I feel?
    Hmmm tricky. Got a headache towards the end of last night - my body is completely not used to having minimal carbohydrate intake, so I was expecting this. I was also quite tired, but then again I had a pretty full-on day. This morning I felt fine. I soaked my oatbran in yogurt over night and it was really yummy this way. Will keep eating it this way for now. It's 3:20pm here and I'm hitting my afternoon wall and the headache is creeping back. However I have my trusty water bottle and herbal teabags so hopefully it will subside!

What have I eaten?
    Breakfast: Yogurt and oatbran mixed
    Lunch: 3oz very lean steak (fillet) and two eggs scrambled with salt, pepper and a pinch of oregano
    Dinner (later tonight) will be: chicken tenders baked with a touch of lemon juice, chilli flakes and garlic, 1/2 cup 99%ff chive cottage cheese and 2 rashers of 95%ff smoked chicken bacon

...lets see if I can hold it together.

Don't feel like I've lost any weight, but at this stage I'm guessing it's residual water from the carbs - plus the small ocean of water I'm drinking each day.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi - I've just started today and am looking for Dukan buddies lol, if you'd like to add me?
  • Kryss1909
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just finished reading the book and really want to get started today, but my concern is the upcoming holidays. I was hoping to maybe get some advice :smile: Seeing as the holidays would land smack in the middle of my cruise phase, I know I will not have the will power to turn down Grandma's homemade christmas cookies or my aunts deliciously fattening side dishes at thanksgiving, not saying I'm going to gorge myself, but I will definitely indulge a little :wink: I know the book and many websites/forums I've read say you need to STRICTLY follow the meal plan. I really don't want to wait until the New Year to start, but I also don't want to sabotage my hard work and efforts for some cookies and corn pudding that I know I will not be able to turn down. Any advice or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!! :happy: Thank you in advance!
  • mrshickey
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just finished reading the book and really want to get started today, but my concern is the upcoming holidays. I was hoping to maybe get some advice :smile: Seeing as the holidays would land smack in the middle of my cruise phase, I know I will not have the will power to turn down Grandma's homemade christmas cookies or my aunts deliciously fattening side dishes at thanksgiving, not saying I'm going to gorge myself, but I will definitely indulge a little :wink: I know the book and many websites/forums I've read say you need to STRICTLY follow the meal plan. I really don't want to wait until the New Year to start, but I also don't want to sabotage my hard work and efforts for some cookies and corn pudding that I know I will not be able to turn down. Any advice or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!! :happy: Thank you in advance!

this is a really good question, im not set to reach my goal weight until end of jan but xmas always ends up with lots of food, alcohol and treats. i can avoid the treats (i think) and if its a pp day il happily eat lots of turkey etc, but the alcohol will set me back- dnt know if i can resist!
  • aahd
    aahd Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I can say I'm on my day 2, however I'm craving fruits! I saw my sister eating an apple and I couldnt resist having a slice!!

on breakfast I had danon fat free yoghurt but it had fruits!

I dont like diet drinks or splenda! what shall I do

I'm just craving sweets and today I skipped the gym I felt tired, I had more energy when I had museli on breakfast or a bowl of oatmeal!

I need to lose 25 pounds though what to do? :( help
  • Erin_26
    Options
    Hi Aahd,

You will need to increase your water and protein intake to combat sugar cravings. I know you said you don't like Splenda, but if you don't mind another no-calorie sweetener like Truvia, etc. you can make a Dukan hot chocolate or a sweet coffee.

I actually scramble egg whites and use cinnamon and Splenda on them. It doesn't look super appetizing, but it tastes like dessert, gives me some protein and satisfies me more than a drink.

You can also have fat-free, sugar-free flavored yogurt (no added fruit), but watch your portions as dairy can halt your weight loss.

Hope that helps,

E.
  • aahd
    aahd Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks a lot Erin.

I will try that tomorrow and post my Dukan diet diary updates

Thanks again :))
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This sounds pretty interesting. I'm at a weird place where I haven't been losing any weight despite staying under my cals (for the most part, still struggling on the weekends) and working out between 30-60 minutes on most days.

So, I'm getting ready to move out of my place and I'll be travelling across the country and staying with friends and family until the middle of December. Everyone knows that I love to cook so I'll be able to make my own meals, but do you guys think this is something that can be done despite having my own kitchen?
  • Erin_26
    Options
    Hi SDGirl,

I think if your friends will let you use their stove and oven, you can easily cook chicken, fish, other meat and egg whites. And other than that, you just need some yogurt, oat bran, and cottage cheese, if you like. It can certainly be done if you have the right motivation!

My husband and I recently went on a 16k hike and my egg whites were packed in a tupperware in my backpack. Gotta make it happen! :)

Hope that helps!!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks Erin!

I checked out the current status of my freezer, and read about it, and I'm gonna try it :D
  • Teddyaderwich
    Teddyaderwich Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The posts about Christmas have got me thinking - if all goes to plan I will hit third phase in January - so I have decided upon a strategy that I think will work for me.

I am going to stick to Dukan Diet through to mid-December (the nearer to Christmas the better - but I am being realistic with myself here). As soon as I decide the time is right in December I am going to temporally move to the third phase ahead of time - thereby allowing myself more freedom in food choices in general through this time and a celebration meal Chrimbo day and NYE or NYD depending on best invites/meal ;-).

Then new year I hope to get back on track again to restart. I am thinking that I will go back to the Dukan site put my new details in and get a new programme? Expect with less to lose by then than when I started in September I should have a shorter initial phase than the 7 this time and will soon be back on phase 2 again.
  • Erin_26
    Options
    Teddy - I think that's an excellent plan. Any time I end up cheating or not following DD, I go back to the site with my current weight and figure out how many Attack days I will be doing. I think it's the best way to "Re-boot" and get back on the losing track quickly.
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am about half-way through the Dukan Diet book. I have been attempting to limit my carbs for the last two months anyway, so this seems like it will work for me.

I'm getting started slowly - I ate more protein yesterday, as well as the oat bran galette, but still had an apple in the afternoon and some broccoli, mushrooms and a bit of wild rice with supper. I lost a pound. Today, I mixed some blueberries and raspberries with my fat free greek yogurt. I know fruit is a no-no, but I can't bear to let my berries go to waste, and I am the only one in the house who eats them. I suppose I will only convert to DD completely once they are gone.

I'm on my way to the grocery store to stock up on a few more protein items, such as fat free cottage cheese, so I have something to snack on other than meat. I'm going to read through the rest of this thread when I get back for more ideas / support / advice.

I'm making homemade pizza for the family tonight. I was thinking I could eat some of the cooked crumbled hamburger meat, and an oat bran galette...