Dukan it out !!! - The Dukan Diet

Options

Replies

• golfergirl4eva
    Options
    Happy Halloween fellow Dukan Diet friends! I hope that everyone has had a great Oct! Lets make November one to remember!!! :) Lets do this!
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I started on Dukan a few months ago, did really well, got to my goal (around 20lbs down) and am now really struggling and those 20lbs are back to 15lb and I can't get a grip! I know what to do, but I'm just completely lacking in determination as I get sidelined by fruit (mostly) and carbs (at the weekend). My weight's creeping up, it's making me miserable and still, I can't get back on it! BOO!

Please feel free to kick me several times up my rapidly-increasing-in-size @rse!
  • frogger113
    Options
    @Willywonka...Thanks for this post. I never knew about this website and the food looks wonderful!
  • golfergirl4eva
    Options
    glypta - Are you following the third stage of the program? Or did you just get to your goal weight and STOP????
  • glypta
    Options
    glypta - Are you following the third stage of the program? Or did you just get to your goal weight and STOP????

Well...erm...maybe I stopped. No, I didn't stop per se, but I kinda wobbled and continued wobbling and now I'm on Day 2. I find low carb hard, but unfortunately the only thing that is successful for me, in the same way that 1-2lbs a week is 'normal' for other people. So I'd keep trying to go back to Dukan, eat protein/veg, or just protein, then my willpower would cave. And I was an absolute Dukan Angel when I was losing, never faltering. So I know I CAN, it just seems so hard now. I know I'm whining, sorry. Hopefully I'm getting back on track now...
  • LMDelphia
    Options
    hello! today is my first day on dukan. so far, egg whites at lunch and dinner with a little bit of greek yogurt on them because well that is all i have. i don't feel hungry so that is a definite plus! may need to go buy oat bran (why? does anyone understand that part?). i plan on doing the attack for ten days, so i also need to go buy different types of proteins so i don't want to die by day 10. any suggestions or input? i really only am doing this because i am desperate and have been working out and eating well my whole life anyways, but probably too much of a healthy thing is still too much! anything will help.
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am on day two of attack phase trying to bump start my weight loss after being on an extended platuae for the last few months. I amconcerned about not having the energy to continue with my workouts. At least 3 days a week i burn over 1000 calories riding my bike, and 300-400 on every other day. How is your energy
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been on it roughly two weeks. I actually found my energy levels go up considerably, but that might be because I didn't go to the gym for my normal two hour workout but just kept to walking and cycling. I did this cos Dr. Dukan recommends in the book to not exercise intensely whilst first starting out.I believe he mainly does this to make sure you don't quit doing one then the other. I went to the gym once on the last day of my attack phase and felt awful, but am now absolutely fine and full of beans!
  • lauriemeridith83
    lauriemeridith83 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    From www.dukandiet.com

Special Benefits of Oat Bran

1. Oat Bran is Delicious!

Ideal for breakfast as hot cereal or mixed with yogurt or cottage cheese. Oat bran can also be used to make savory pancakes, pizza crust, muffins, cookies and much more!
    As the only source of carbohydrates during the Attack Phase and Pure Protein days, oat bran brings an extra element of variety to the diet.

2. Oat Bran Helps Lower Cholesterol

Oat bran contains soluble fiber, which reduces the low-density lipoprotein (LDL), otherwise known as the "bad" cholesterol. The soluble fiber reduces the absorption of cholesterol into the bloodstream. When compared to oatmeal, on average oat bran has 50% more fiber and soluble fiber, making it much more efficient.

3. Oat Bran Creates a Feeling of Fullness

Once consumed, oat bran enters the digestive tract where its soluble fiber absorbs water and forms a gel-like substance, creating a feeling of fullness.
    Oat bran absorbs on average 25 times its volume in liquid. A tablespoon of oat bran, about half an ounce, forms a 13 ounce ball in the stomach.
    The feeling of fullness and being less hungry leads to much less frustration while dieting.

4. Oat Bran Slows Down Sugar and Fat Absorption.

Once ingested, the bolus (the gel-like substance created by the oat bran and water) passes through the gastric acid, bile, and finally the pancreatic juices. This turns the bolus into pulp and reduces it to a mix of elementary chains, fatty acids, amino acids and glucose.This process both slows down the sugar assimilation and removes calories from the body by reducing the absorption of dietary fat, while keeping your blood sugar levels low and stable.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I did the Dukan diet back in August and had amazing results on it. I fell off the wagon though and gained all of the weight back. I got impatient with the weight loss and switched to Atkins before I got to the 3rd phase...didn't lose on that, so just quit....stupidly!!!

I am looking to maybe start again, because I did feel great on it! My only concern is, how many calories is everybody eating? I can never seem to get above 1000, even back in August when I did it.
  • lauriemeridith83
    lauriemeridith83 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My only concern is, how many calories is everybody eating? I can never seem to get above 1000, even back in August when I did it.

I am definitely eating less than 1,000 calories every day, but I'm getting results, not making myself sick, not tired. When I would stupidly eat less than 1,000 calories trying to lose weight (before trying DD), I was hungry all the time, got sick all the time, and was exhausted. So since I'm not experiencing any of those problems with Dukan, I don't see any problem with my caloric intake.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I'm revisiting the Dukan diet at the moment, and like last time am suffering from that funny headache feeling throughout the day.

On the morning of the 2nd day I had lost 3.2lbs

I know it can be water retention but seeing any loss makes you feel happy

Last time I carried the Attack phase on for far too long, about a month! Needless to say I was going crazy, literally, then binged for about a week after.

This time I plan to do the Attack phase for about 4 days
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Bump...will look into it!
  • monikamojica
    Options
    Day four of the attack phase. I feel like yelling ATTTTTTACK. It was rough going but I have lost six pounds. Holy Cow is this for real? I have about thirty pounds to go before I reach my true weight. Even though this may just be water weight and blah, blah, blah...I am smitten and motivated to continue.
  • mrshickey
    Options
    Day four of the attack phase. I feel like yelling ATTTTTTACK. It was rough going but I have lost six pounds. Holy Cow is this for real? I have about thirty pounds to go before I reach my true weight. Even though this may just be water weight and blah, blah, blah...I am smitten and motivated to continue.

Hi!! well done on your loss!!! I have roughly the same amount to lose as u b4 i get to my true weight we r all in this together!!

good luck
  • golfergirl4eva
    Options
    WOOHOOO! Great job for making it through ATTACK phase! :) You are going to love your jounrey on the Dukan Diet!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Keep up the GREAT work everyone!!! I am loving this way of eating. I am darn near close to Consolidation and I cannot wait :flowerforyou:
  • busymnmom
    Options
    I am thinking of trying Dukan. I think it is pretty doable. My biggest concern is that when I am at work, I'm not sure what to take then. 1 day a week I am there from 9-7pm so basically all stinking day. I have no access to a fridge, microwave. I have to have my lunch with my all day and be able to eat out of my lunch box. Any suggestions on what foods would work on those days?
  • glypta
    Options
    Pre-packed meat tends to be ok out the fridge? Or get a cool-pack if you want to be extra safe. Hard boiled eggs still in their shells?