Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Music - probably not what you like

ohwhataday
ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
Does ANYONE on this website listen to metal at all? Am I the only one? I NEVER see anyone post about it. I listen to just about every kind of music there is but feel like there is no one on here that can relate to my wide variety of taste.

My current playlist consists of:

Never Shout Never
Boys Night Out
Brand New
Between the Buried and Me
Coheed & Cambria
Weezer
Ingrid Michaelson
The Strokes
The Dresden Dolls
Neutral Milk Hotel.

BUT - I listen to a lot of other stuff too. Sorry, not really a fan of the modern Country music. Classic Country = yes.
Modern.. = hell no and you can't make me.

So add me if you like ANY of those bands.. I need more friends. [=

Replies

• openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    I like a few ya listed there. I love rock, alternative, metal, whatever, long as it rocks. ;)
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    I like Ingrid Michelson, Adele (before she was a big hit), Winehouse (on good days) , Duffy...... those are my ladies!
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Hey, my taste in music covers a huge variety also.. you can see here, http://www.last.fm/user/trousercough I listen to a lot of metal, and like you, everything else... with the exception of the new country crap (love the classic country, though).
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    I love metal. But I'm into 80s Metal and Hard Rock:

Metallica
    Megadeth
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    System of A Down
    Jason Becker
    Marty Friedman
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    Steve Vai
    Black Sabbath
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Motley Crue
    Testament
    Van Halen

EDIT : Forgot AC/DC and Pantera!!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Steel Panther!! :smile:
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    LOVE METAL----all types, shapes and forms. I like all kinds of music but first choice for me will always be rock. In fact, I just bought Tesla's new album, Twisted Wires. It has a fantastic cover of I Love You by Climax Blues Band.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    I listen to metal, punk and alternative.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Yes, but more along the lines of Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Korn, and such. Weezer and Coheed and Cambria are cool when I'm feeling more mellow. Today, I'm not feeling like working and really need the hard stuff - I just posted that on my page when I saw your post! :smile:
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    ooo Brand New! A friend of mine introduced me their music, along with Taking Back Sunday, Angels and Airwaves (my current addiction) and more. In general love The Used, Rage, Beastie Boys, Black Eyed Peas, all alternative rock, 311, NIN etc. I also like country, pop, dance, techno, but rock girl at heart.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    I listen to metal when I run, but, I listen to a little of everything (except classical & opera) when I listen to music just to listen to it.
  • 13hirteen
    13hirteen Posts: 94 Member
    Lots of metal here.
    I'm currently working out to Alestorm, Turisas, Korpiklaani and Amorphis.
    The latest In Flames album, although excellent, is too rhythmically variable for cardio for my money.

And yes, that is the very top of a Dimmu Borgir t-shirt in my profile pic,
  • priescm
    priescm Posts: 95
    have and listen to pretty much all of those! I also enjoy a WIDE variety of music! I also HATE country with lots of passion. :)
  • I am a big metal and punk fan. Not really a fan of the ones you listed, except for Weezer (though I am not a fan of their new stuff, 90's all the way!)

Here is some on my playlist right now:

- Iron Maiden
    - Metallica
    - Dropkick Murphys
    - Flogging Molly
    - Bad Religion
    - The Creepshow
    - Bif Naked
    - Kill Matilda
    - Megadeth

I am also a HUGE '90's alternative' music fan: Sponge, Candlebox, Garbage, Bush, etc.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    I am a big metal and punk fan. Not really a fan of the ones you listed, except for Weezer (though I am not a fan of their new stuff, 90's all the way!)

- Iron Maiden
    - Metallica
    - Dropkick Murphys
    - Flogging Molly
    - Bad Religion
    - The Creepshow
    - Bif Naked
    - Kill Matilda
    - Megadeth

I am also a HUGE '90's alternative' music fan: Sponge, Candlebox, Garbage, Bush, etc.

I love your taste. :o
  • I am a big metal and punk fan. Not really a fan of the ones you listed, except for Weezer (though I am not a fan of their new stuff, 90's all the way!)

- Iron Maiden
    - Metallica
    - Dropkick Murphys
    - Flogging Molly
    - Bad Religion
    - The Creepshow
    - Bif Naked
    - Kill Matilda
    - Megadeth

I love your taste. :o

Haha thanks! :D
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Metal isn't my favorite genre, but I do listen to it. From your list, I listen to Between the Buried and Me's Alaska album. Of course I've heard a little bit from each band. But I listen to some Korn, LOTS of Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, and A Day to Remember.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    I have a really wide taste in music... my ultimate favorites are Opeth and Katatonia. If you're a fan of those two, PLEASE add me!

I also like your classics like Tool, APC, NIN, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica (but NOT St. Anger...), Fear Factory, Soilwork, Killswitch, etc.

Pertaining to my wide variety of tastes, I like electronica/techno like The Glitch Mob, Pendulum, Ronald Jenkees, and Infected Mushroom. I like mellow stuff like Citizen Cope and Sia. I like instrumental like Bonobo and Emancipator. And I like some funky stuff like Stateless and Massive Attack.

This definitely doesn't cover everything :) But if you think our music tastes mash up well then PLEASE add me! I love talking about music!!!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I like listening to Underoath(old) and He Is Legend when I need something hard to motivate me. I listen to all kinds of rock, indie, alternative, blues, etc...
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    LOVE neutral milk hotel - www.last.fm/user/super_sam03
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    I am a big metal and punk fan. Not really a fan of the ones you listed, except for Weezer (though I am not a fan of their new stuff, 90's all the way!)

- Iron Maiden
    - Metallica
    - Dropkick Murphys
    - Flogging Molly
    - Bad Religion
    - The Creepshow
    - Bif Naked
    - Kill Matilda
    - Megadeth

BUSH is my all-time favorite. Anything 90s grunge/alternative!!!! My absolutely favorite genre. Also seeing Flogging Molly this fall - I've seen them a few times and they are the most fun shows!!!