Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Music - probably not what you like

Replies

• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Does ANYONE on this website listen to metal at all? Am I the only one? I NEVER see anyone post about it. I listen to just about every kind of music there is but feel like there is no one on here that can relate to my wide variety of taste.

My current playlist consists of:

Never Shout Never
    Boys Night Out
    Brand New
    Between the Buried and Me
    Coheed & Cambria
    Weezer
    Ingrid Michaelson
    The Strokes
    The Dresden Dolls
    Neutral Milk Hotel.

BUT - I listen to a lot of other stuff too. Sorry, not really a fan of the modern Country music. Classic Country = yes.
    Modern.. = hell no and you can't make me.

So add me if you like ANY of those bands.. I need more friends. [=

I like metal, but I dont see any in your list, I am a Brand New, The strokes, Neutral Milk fan though
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    LOVE neutral milk hotel - www.last.fm/user/super_sam03

The metal chick in your signature is AMAZING!
  • LOVE neutral milk hotel - www.last.fm/user/super_sam03

Agreed! :happy:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    I'm into alternative, punk, non-hair band 80's, metal, some rap,70's pretty much anything but country!

This is what I've listened to this morning....

The Proclaimers
    Foo Fighters
    Mazzy Star
    Frank Zappa
    Devil Wears Prada
    Cannibal Corpse
    Mudvayne
    The Replacements
    Iggy Pop
    Children of Bodom
    In Flames
    Florence and the Machine
    Chris Brown - Look at Me Now
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    LOVE neutral milk hotel - www.last.fm/user/super_sam03

Agreed! :happy:

Woo! Ya, I'm like totally awesome :bigsmile:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Does ANYONE on this website listen to metal at all? Am I the only one? I NEVER see anyone post about it. I listen to just about every kind of music there is but feel like there is no one on here that can relate to my wide variety of taste.

Never Shout Never
    Boys Night Out
    Brand New
    Coheed & Cambria
    Weezer
    Ingrid Michaelson
    The Strokes
    The Dresden Dolls
    Neutral Milk Hotel.

BUT - I listen to a lot of other stuff too. Sorry, not really a fan of the modern Country music. Classic Country = yes.

I love you and your ticker image lol

Ive probably seen the Dresden Dolls like like 7 times.

Im not gonna even bother listing everything I love, tho. Just believe that it's mostly completely awesome lol
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    I like Ingrid Michelson, Adele (before she was a big hit), Winehouse (on good days) , Duffy...... those are my ladies!

I haven't listened to Adele just because so many people I know love her. hahah. I should give her a listen though. I do like Duffy also!
  • ohwhataday
    Hey, my taste in music covers a huge variety also.. you can see here, http://www.last.fm/user/trousercough I listen to a lot of metal, and like you, everything else... with the exception of the new country crap (love the classic country, though).

I will have to give it a look see. I love classic country as well!
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Where are the folks who like The Sword, Earth, Boris, Merzbow, Sunn O))), Birds of Maya, etc.?!! Lookin' for drone folks! Though I do like Neutral Milk Hotel.
  • ohwhataday
    I love metal. But I'm into 80s Metal and Hard Rock:

Metallica
    Megadeth
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    System of A Down
    Jason Becker
    Marty Friedman
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    Steve Vai
    Black Sabbath
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Motley Crue
    Testament
    Van Halen

EDIT : Forgot AC/DC and Pantera!!

Wow.. haha. I have had my fair share of rockin' out to those bands. "you take a mortal man.. and put him in control" ahh man.. Megadeth all the way.
  • ohwhataday
    Steel Panther!! :smile:

pahah.
  • ohwhataday
    Where are the folks who like The Sword, Earth, Boris, Merzbow, Sunn O))), Birds of Maya, etc.?!! Lookin' for drone folks! Though I do like Neutral Milk Hotel.

Uhmmerrr.. I've heard of Veil of Maya?? Probably not the same thing?
  • skinnyhappy

Uhmmerrr.. I've heard of Veil of Maya?? Probably not the same thing?

Hehehe, haven't heard of them, but not the same thing? Lol no idea.
  • ohwhataday
    Yes, but more along the lines of Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Korn, and such. Weezer and Coheed and Cambria are cool when I'm feeling more mellow. Today, I'm not feeling like working and really need the hard stuff - I just posted that on my page when I saw your post! :smile:

Yea I don't listen to those bands... anymore. Those were back in my teen years. You should check out some of the other bands I have listed.
  • ohwhataday

Never Shout Never
    Boys Night Out
    Brand New
    Coheed & Cambria
    Weezer
    Ingrid Michaelson
    The Strokes
    The Dresden Dolls
    Neutral Milk Hotel.

I love you and your ticker image lol

Ive probably seen the Dresden Dolls like like 7 times.

Im not gonna even bother listing everything I love, tho. Just believe that it's mostly completely awesome lol

I refuse to list every single band I love. hah. But I just threw out what I listen to the most at the moment. I've only seen The Dresden Dolls once and it was in NYC, so for an Iowan gal it was pretty rad. And I love you too, thanks! hahah. And I will belieeeeve! [=
  • ohwhataday
    I listen to metal when I run, but, I listen to a little of everything (except classical & opera) when I listen to music just to listen to it.

The heavier stuff definitely gives me a second wind when I'm ready to just stop working out. [=
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    No Opeth or Katatonia fans???
  • ltliddell
    ltliddell Posts: 10 Member
    Love Cult of Luna, Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan, Isis as well as lots of old stuff like NIN & Tool. Will give some of your bands a listen!
  • skinnyhappy
    Love Cult of Luna, Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan, Isis as well as lots of old stuff like NIN & Tool. Will give some of your bands a listen!

yes to the Mastodon, awesome!
  • peejie
    peejie Posts: 43
    I love metal, but I am more into power metal, usually female fronted, such as Nightwish, Amberian Dawn, and After Forever. Though I also enjoy Type O Negative, King Diamond, Soilwork, and Fear Factory. My guilty pleasure newer metal/rock bands are System of a Down and Coal Chamber. Those are just a few of my favorites, but there are many more.

My husband hates metal and listens to synth pop and chip tunes, so road trips are a great compromise for us both. When it comes to working out, I get to listen to all the metal I want!