Starting over and not giving up Challenge!!

Options
This is for all you girls who are starting over again or have made mistakes and want to get back on track!
I know how hard it is to get started and how doing bad things can make you want to quit.

In here though we're really not going to quit this time! NO EXCUSES it's time to lose that fat and not go back!

Our Challenge:
:heart: We will not weigh ourselves for the first 2 weeks.
(I know how easy it is to give up when we haven't lost anything that first week)
:heart: We will measure ourselves on the 1st of every month
:heart: We will NOT give into cravings
(If we have a craving coming on we promise we will post in here first for support before indulging)
:heart: After the first 2 weeks we will weigh in every Monday and applaud each other

Post about yourself!
Today's Starting weights and measurements. What bad habits you have and a way for you to work threw them.
Are you exercising? Eating better?

Let's have fun and get skinny
The Not gonna give up Team!

Replies

• mellymlk
    mellymlk Posts: 187
    Options
    This is for all you girls who are starting over again or have made mistakes and want to get back on track!
    I know how hard it is to get started and how doing bad things can make you want to quit.

In here though we're really not going to quit this time! NO EXCUSES it's time to lose that fat and not go back!

Our Challenge:
    :heart: We will not weigh ourselves for the first 2 weeks.
    (I know how easy it is to give up when we haven't lost anything that first week)
    :heart: We will measure ourselves on the 1st of every month
    :heart: We will NOT give into cravings
    (If we have a craving coming on we promise we will post in here first for support before indulging)
    :heart: After the first 2 weeks we will weigh in every Monday and applaud each other

Post about yourself!
    Today's Starting weights and measurements. What bad habits you have and a way for you to work threw them.
    Are you exercising? Eating better?

Let's have fun and get skinny
    The Not gonna give up Team!
  • mellymlk
    Options
    November 3rd
    weight: 228lbs
    Measurements:
    Arms:16.5
    Thighs:29
    Waist above belly button:47
    Hips:48.5

Habits: I love salty foods. Chips are my favorite. Getting up in the middle of the night and eating.
    Overcome: I chew gum when I am having a craving or come in here and post.

I have a gym membership and will go everyday.

I'm Melanie and am a master motivator. I love to have competitions they keep me motivated. I also love to help people because then I know if there doing it I can to : )
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I have to insert one bit of advice. Snacking is actually really good for you, it will keep you full between meals so you don't gorge at dinnertime. Just choose healthy snacks like fruits, veggies, whole grains, lite cheeses, yogurt, etc etc etc
    :flowerforyou:
  • mellymlk
    Options
    I have to insert one bit of advice. Snacking is actually really good for you, it will keep you full between meals so you don't gorge at dinnertime. Just choose healthy snacks like fruits, veggies, whole grains, lite cheeses, yogurt, etc etc etc
    :flowerforyou:

Thanks girly
  • mellymlk
    Options
    5 Ways to get Motivated and lose weight

5 Ways to get motivated to lose weight
    1. Keep on saying "So That"

Ask yourself "Why do I want to lose weight" and after you come up with a reason why... Just keep on saying SO THAT.

For example - Why Do you want to lose weight...

* I want to lose weight to look better SO THAT...
    * I can feel more confident about myself SO THAT...
    * I can be the best looking person at my high school reunion SO THAT...
    * I can see the surprised looks on the faces of my classmates SO THAT...
    * I may be able to go on a date with the person I had a crush on in high school

Can you see what's happening here?

The more times you say SO THAT the more and more motivated you'll become to lose weight.
    2. Set deadlines and then reward yourself

For example... If your big weight loss goal is to lose 100 pounds in 10 months... Then you can set 10 deadlines where you have to lose 10 pounds every month for the next 10 months so...

Let's say on the way to your big goal to lose 100 pounds in 10 months you actual lose 12 pounds in your 1st month... You can reward yourself by buying yourself a new dress or going out to a movie and please... DO NOT reward yourself by sabotaging your weight loss plan or diet by eating stuff that's going to put weight back on and remember this...

The greater the reward is you have planned for yourself the higher your motivation will be to lose weight
    3. Set deadlines and then punish yourself

If you don't meet your deadlines you have to punish yourself - so for example...

Let's say you miss your deadline to lose 10 pounds a month by losing only 9 pounds... You have to punish yourself by not watching TV for a week or by not going shopping for a month and...

Along with the rand the punishment for meeting and not meeting your deadlines...

You can be sure you'll stay highly motivated to lose weight or whatever else you set your mind to.
    4. Change Your Attitude

Don't say "I want to lose 25 pounds"... Say "I have to lose 25 pounds or I'll lose my job" or Say "I have to lose 25 pounds so my spouse won't leave me"

When you're thinking like this... You make your weight loss goals more like LIFE or DEATH scenarios where you have a gun to your head where You HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT OR ELSE!
    5. Post a Picture Everywhere

Post of picture of what you want to look like when you lose weight everywhere you can.

If you were skinny in high school... Post your old high pictures everywhere and if you always had a weight problem then...

Cut out a picture of a person from a magazine, book, or even comic book that you want to look like and post that picture everywhere.

Posting pictures like this everywhere helps you "keep your eye on the prize"
  • arjames82
    Options
    Hi! I'm Alecia and this looks like the challenge for me. Prior to today, I was down 30 pounds, but I''ve been back-sliding over the past few months and 10 pounds have magically reappeared:angry: . I definitely need some motivation to get back on track.

11/03/2008
    WEIGHT = 203lbs
    RIGHT BICEP = 14 inches
    CHEST = 41 inches
    WAIST = 39 inches
    HIPS = 48 inches
    RIGHT THIGH = 27.5 inches

HABITS:
    :grumble: I am ADDICTED to fast food. The smell of french fries literally makes me drool. Fast food is my kryptonite. I do not know how to eat it in moderation. I need a combo and I need it BIGGIE SIZED!
    :grumble: I am also a slave to McDonald’s sweet tea…so good!

OVERCOME:
    :flowerforyou: BE PREPARED! I plan on planning my meals for the week in advance. As I type, I am getting ready to cook and store my lunches and dinners for the rest of the week. The Reynold's HandiVac is amazing!
    :flowerforyou: Stop allowing one bad meal to become a bad week of meals. If I make a mistake, enjoy it:bigsmile: and then make better choices at the next meal.
    :flowerforyou: Keep working out with my personal trainer. He has brought me a long way in the gym, but I know I am going to have to do the rest by improving my eating habits.
  • arjames82
    Options
    BUMP:glasses:
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Hi Alecia so glad you joined : )

Great idea to plan your meals for a week. I think I should do that one day. Just sit and cook all day long.
    As for fast food, as you eat healthier that stuff will be gorse to you. Have you seen how many calories in those things? Look them up and it may make you stop eating it. It made me.

Not letting one bad meal get to you is exactly what i do. I just work extra hard. I'm not gonna get anywhere if I just give up and try again in a week or month.

Welcome and we're gonna do great. No Scale for 2 weeks. That means bust your butt off these two weeks to see how high we can get that weight loss number.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcom back and congrats to you :flowerforyou: . Awesome on pre-planning meals. I usually do that on Sundays nights. I will make my dinner for the next 5 days and enough tuna salad for 5 days. I also purchase health snacks and pre-package a serving because we all know that 1/2 cup can turn into 1 cup very easily. On weekends I try to make all meals from stratch with my kids but leave one meal open to them. They used to asked for BK, McD, etc and eat whatever but now they make better choice's. I'm rubbing off on them again :bigsmile:

When I have a bad day where I have completly lost my mind and turned into a human disposal, I leave that day in the past but learn from it. I try to figure out what cause it and how can I prevent it from happening again. I don't deprive myself food or sweets but focus on moderation. If I have a canoli today I can't have another for at least one week.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Denea! This sounds like the plan for me!!

NOV. 3
    weight-219
    waist-47 1/2
    arms-13
    thigh-27
    hips-48

My Bad Habits are:
    :devil: Eating When I'm bored.
    :devil: Eating when my hubby does.
    :devil: Skipping workouts ON PURPOUS(SP?)

To work through them I plan to:

Work out everyday, except the weekends.
    Plan meals
    Pick better food when eating out.
  • mellymlk
    Options
    I went to the gym tonight and kicked butt for 2 hours. I am so freaking sore. But yay me!!!
    I'm excited to stay on track this time : )
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Welcome Denea! I think planning meals is a great idea. We should all do that.
    Maybe we can post what we have planned.

Also I want you girls to post your workouts and keep up on your food journal. Work really hard these next 2 weeks. That is everyone's goal. So when we all get on that scale we're all gonna see awesome numbers and it's going to motivate us to keep working hard : )
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    5 Ways to get Motivated and lose weight

I like this....want to take more time to read it when I'm a bit more awake...:yawn: :bigsmile:
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I went from being a couch potatoe to the following work out schedule:
    Monday - P90X Core (50 min)
    Tuesday - P90X Shoulders & Arms (50 mni)
    Wednesday - TreadClimber (60 min @ 2.5 mph)
    Thursday - Yoga (92 min) or TreadClimber (60 min @ 2.5 mph)
    Friday - TreadClimber (60 min @ 2.5 mph)
    Saturday - Legs & Back (50 min)
    Sunday - Rest or P90X Stretch

I try to stick to this as best I can. I can't do the complete P90X program right now due to increase knee and back pain but I hope to in the near future. I have been following this scheule for 2 weeks now and I have alerady changed what my target heart rate should be. Exercise works from the inside out. :bigsmile:

Bad Habits Include:
    Eat when I'm bored
    Eat when some one else eats
    Eat just to eat
    Binge on potatoe chips & soda
    Consistenly over-ate at dinner

Why I'm doing this:
    To change from the inside out
    To eat better and teach my kids the same
    To utilized the suggested serving size instead what I think is a serving size
    To work out at least 3x per week

Goals
    To fit into the clothes in my closet that are still in style :bigsmile:
    To get out and meet people without being so self conscious as to how I look
    To allow a relationship to happen instead of running away

I'm a divorce mother of 3 and have been divorced for over 10 years. Currently Single and have been for over 7 years. My self esteem, confidence and fear have been my demise. I hope to change that from the inside out. Monday I hit my first goal of 10 pounds and a pair of jeans I can now wear -- I"M ON MY WAY.:bigsmile:
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    Nov. 3rd

Weight:197
    Neck: 15 in.
    Waist: 48 in.
    Hips: 44.5 in.
    Arms: 16 in.
    Thigh: 23.5 in.

I will slowly work my way up to running for a hour...(see my profile for details)

My bad habits are....
    * eating after dinner
    * i love three pieces of butter toast late at night
    * not drinking enough water

Why I wanna do this....
    * to be sexy
    * to have energy
    * to look good no matter what
  • arjames82
    Options
    Good Morning Challengers!

I successfully made it through my first temptation this morning! I stood in line in line in the cold rain waiting to vote this morning and here comes the PTSA with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Hot Chocolate...DAMN THEM:mad: I wanted one sooooooo bad! But (un)luckily I only had my ID, voter registration card, and a bottle of water in my hand so I couldn't buy anything.:bigsmile:

So, here's my workout plan for the next two weeks...
    :smile: Mondays = 60 minute workout with personal trainer + 60 minute cardio workout
    :smile: Tuesdays = 60 minute cardio workout
    :smile: Wednesdays = 60 minute workout with personal trainer + 60 spinning class
    :bigsmile: Thursdays = Rest Day!
    :smile: Friday = 60 minute workout with personal trainer + 60 minute cardio workout
    :smile: Saturdays = 60 minute spinning class
    :smile: Sundays = 5 mile walk/run on local trail
  • mellymlk
    Options
    I had a set back at 2am. I ate a bunch of halloween candy. I don't know what to do? I keep getting up in the middle of the night and eating sweets. Of course I'm gonna work extra hard again today but I'm tired of working hard to make up my mistakes. I wanna work hard to make a difference.

Any advice?

:heart: :heart: Our Goal for the morning. Get up and exercise! Clean house, or go for a walk wit kids, dance. Just be active this morning for at least 30 minutes. I know you all can do it. Check in when you do : )
  • mellymlk
    Options
    Yay arjames82 for passing that temptation. I bet you feel so good that you didn't eat and drink that!

Your workout schedule looks awesome. You're gonna melt away the pounds in no time. :drinker:
  • mellymlk
    Options
    I logged the candy I ate last night. I really didn't want to but I'm not going to get anywhere if I don't :smile:
    So I have an extra 500 calories to burn off today.

If any of you have mishaps make sure you log them and let us know. I'm sure you wont though : )
  • arjames82
    Options
    Ok..mellymlk...it's time for an intervention...

THROW THE CANDY AWAY! NOW! IN THE TRASH IT GOES!
    And so that you will not be tempted to go in the trash to retrieve it (been there, done that:embarassed: ) unwrap it, toss it, and then squeeze some ketchup on it. That'll get it good and gross for you!

NO MORE CANDY! WE CAN DO THIS!