Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)

Options
themommie
themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
WELCOME,
I cant wait to get to know each other and encourage each other and cheer each other on. This is going to be a rocking group. I am having problems getting the files to open, but I am working on it and hope to be able to post chart with names on it. Please post soon and let us know a little about yourself.

I am a sahm of 7, only 3 left at home. We did fostercare for 7 yrs and adopted the 3 younger ones that are now 11,13 and 14. I also homeschooled for 10 yrs but put the kids in public school about 5 yrs ago. I lost 105 lbs about 12 yrs ago and kept it off for 4yrs. Then due to getting sick with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and hypothyroidism , because of the meds, lack of exercise and comfort eating I gained it all back. I decided last july that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. This is when I ran across MFP and decided to give it a try. I have lost 77 lbs since then. I love MFP and truly if it wasnt for this awesome site I would still be sick all the time and spending my days not doing much of anything. This is my story and I am sticking to it. what is your story

Replies

• chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hey Captain, here is your table

YRNIK.png
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My real name is Erin, and iam a working mother to a 7 year old girl, and a 15 month old boy. My husband travels a lot for work, so that makes me basically a single parents while he is gone for a month or more at a time. My weight gain really picked up after I seperated from the Air Force 2 years ago. I had no one making we work out, or run, and I gained around 25 Ibs. I also had no motivation to lose the baby weight from my son, so I added those extra 25Ibs on as well. It was not until a few months ago when I decided that enough was enough, and I had to do something about my weight, and the way I looked. I started running in April after I signed up for my 2nd ever 5k race. I haven't looked back since then. Almost every female in my family suffers from diabetes, and I refuse to let myself become diabetic. I found a good friend that is extremely active, and loves to hike and run like I do. She keeps me motivated to keep going, keep pushing, and one day I will have a body like her :happy:
  • LPC020409
    LPC020409 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lisa and I have a two year old daughter. I work full-time at a desk job. In March I was 227 pounds and have worked since then to get healthy and shape up. I found MFP about a month ago and have really learned a lot about. I enjoy working out almost every day first thing in the morning. I try to get it in before my daughter wakes up because it’s too hard for me to do it after she’s in bed for the night. My big struggle is my diet and learning moderation. Before I started getting serious about my health it was not uncommon for me to eat out for two meals a day and didn’t really care about portion size, etc. I try to log all of my food in the morning or the night before to keep me on track and motivated to stay within my numbers.

My goal for this challenge is to be down to at least 160 by the end of the challenge and to have a healthy body fat percent instead of being considered obese. I look forward to getting to know all of our team and being able to support each other.
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Jen, and I am a stay at home mom to 4 kids who I homeschool, ages 12, 8, 6 next week, and 1. I have picked up weight between kids, particularly after #1 and #3, and now it is time for all of those pounds to leave me! I love to make memories with my family and have a passion for photography, but I have hated to be in front of the camera. I want all that to change! I am 5'0" tall, so right now I have lots to lose! My first goal is to be 160 (lose 16 pounds) before 9/12/11, the day the homeschool co-op that I run starts up our fall semester. My long tern goal weight is 113 by June of next year, but I need to set a goal number for this challenge by 12/31. Not sure what to expect, because I am still in the beginning phase of losing weight, so I am not sure what to pick. I am thinking 135 or 140... what do you all think? I would like to have a goal that is a challenge but also one I can achieve.
    I am currently doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd every day, and my food plan is just to stick to my calorie range daily, I have found that for me being on a specific "diet" just doesn't work. I am nursing my 1 year old, so I put in extra calories for that.

Nice to "meet" you all! Let me know what you think about what my goal for this challenge should be!
    Jen
  • Gift80
    Gift80 Posts: 16
    Options
    HI everyone. My name is Nicole and I am single mom of one 11 year old. My weight issues started a few years ago. I managed to lose the baby weight, have consistent work out plan, keep it off, and not be afraid of bathing suits. Two years was my wake up call when I got on the scale and saw that I was 16 pounds lighter than what I was at 8 months pregnant. (Too many curve balls and I turned comfort eating) The alarm went off, I changed my eating habits, went back to my work out schedule and wha-la...I lost the weight!
    Then life happen again, I went back to the thing that made me happy and I ate my way back to my "I'm not pregnant but heavy enough to be pregnant" weight. I turned on the Wii and there was my reminder that I gained all 30+ pounds back...in a year.

I am officially ready to say goodbye! I have a growing son, nieces and a nephew to keep a with, a wedding next year, and prayerfully more children after the wedding. The time is definitely now!

It's so great to "meet" all of you! E-hugs to you all!
  • themommie
    Options
    thanks to all of you that have posted so far. We need to be thinking of a group name, if you have any ideas please let me know. And if you want to do some challenges please let me know. For right now we just need to concentrate on

1. Drinking our water
    2. exercise daily
    3. not going over our food diaries
    4. Coming here for support, encouragement and to lift each other up
    5. and posting your weight in's weekly.....we will be doing our weigh in's on friday

WE CAN DO THIS....

TwDmY.jpg
  • xmusicxlovex
    xmusicxlovex Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Sabrina and I'm 22 years old. I have a 2 1/2 year old son Mason and my daughter Kaylie is 4 months. I've always been overweight and I'm tired of it. My boyfriend Nate and I plan on getting married in the next year or two and I want to look and feel amazing! :) Look forward to meeting you all please send friend requests. Let's go we can do it! I've lost 19 pounds so far and have 43 more to reach my goal. We can do this! :)
  • andreasperry
    Options
    Hi my name is andrea, im a stay at home mom of amazing 19 month old. i have always been overweight, but once i got in a relationship with a guy whos family that ate beyond unhealthy i just kinda started packing on the lbs... got to about 175, (im only 5'3), but 3 years ago that relationship ended due to tradegy in his family and within two months i lost 45 lbs, from only walking and eating healthy. in my newest relationship i again started eating bad and got to 150lbs :( i should have learned my lesson the first time. anyway i ened up prenant and got to 230lbs.... my dr never told me i was gaining to much. after having my son i only got down to 190 and since then the motivation has vanished. my I.G. is 160lbs and my F.G. is 145... but 130 would be nice too :)
  • ashleystetzer
    ashleystetzer Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hello everyone! My name is Ashley and I have two little boys ages 2 and 5 months. I am basically back down to my pre pregnancy weight but I have been carrying around about 15-20 extra pounds for the last few years. I am 5'6" and know I would look and feel so much better if I was around 150 pounds. I love to exercise I just have a hard time with portion control, chocolate and candy! I have no control so I just need to stay away from these things all together if I can. I am excited for this challenge. Recently I have kind of slacked off and not been doing as well as I was the last few months, I need a kick in the pants to get going again :) Looking forward to chatting with you all and see how well we can do. Being a Mom is a tough job and sadly we usually get the last of any time or energy we have left! I just want to wake up, put on one outfit and feel great. Oh, and I want to have pictures of me and my kids together, right now I refuse to step in front of the camera :( My ultimate goal is to be looking and feeling great by Christmas so I can get new clothes!!!!! :laugh:
  • LPC020409
    Options
    Just checking in- how did everyone do yesterday?

I did pretty well yesterday and doing ok so far today. I got up early this morning to do my work out. I stopped at the grocery store on my way to work and picked up some Nutella. I only used one tablespoon but this had made my breakfast the fattiest meal of the day. I don't think I'll eat it every day but I think its ok as a treat or to mix it up. I usually eat the same things for breakfast and lunch with a little variations.
  • chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Quote of the Day:

"Don't exchange what you want the most for what you want right now!"

1QXKf.png
  • themommie
    Options
    HrevU.jpg

just checkin in. Hope everyone is having a good healthy active day. I made it to the gym yesterday and plan on going for a walk later this evening.
  • xmusicxlovex
    xmusicxlovex Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day today.. didn't eat very much because I wasn't hungry and I started my period today so I wasn't feeling good.. hopefully tomorrow will be better
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! I normally weigh in on Sundays, but I see we are supposed to do it on Fridays here. So, my weight as of this morning was 174.4 (it was 175.2 on Sunday, so -.8 pounds).

It's been a great, but very hot, week here! I still have to do my 30 day shred today, which I feel like skipping, but I am going to go do it in a few minutes.

Between now and next time I weigh in, I am going to focus on going to bed earlier and getting 8 hours of sleep a night, and on getting enough calories as I am usually low for the day.I am hoping to see 173 on the scale by next Friday!

How are you all doing?
    Make it a great day!
    Jen
  • andreasperry
    Options
    all i have is the wii fit scale and everytime i measure myself the weight is different... :( today it says 177.8 soo im beginning to wonder is the 175 on monday was a fluke. oh well all i can do is keep trying. just started the 30 day shred i start in the beginning of july but stopped cause i was so busy i was missing to many days. and im starting o go for at least one walk a day. its to hot to take izaiah out so a second one in the morning isnt an option right now. eating wise im not doing well with logging anything... i juice fruits and veggies and still eat a meal a day, along with eating the snacks.... like banana, nuts or wheat thins... maybe im no eating enough but with it being so hot, starting the oven is being avoided as much as possible....
  • LPC020409
    Options
    How is everyone doing so far?

My weight this morning was 176.5. I switched up my workout routine a little this week by adding in a Jillian Michaels DVD. I plan on fitting that in next week too. I have been drinking a ton of water because the heat has been crazy here. I agree that sometimes it’s hard to eat when it’s so hot outside.

I’m wondering what kind of workouts everyone is doing. Has anyone tried Insanity? I don’t think I’m up for that yet but it look’s interesting.
  • ashleystetzer
    ashleystetzer Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was 174 today. Not a huge difference but it's my TOM and I think maybe that is why? I was so hungry all last week :( Doing a lot of walking and running on the treadmill and some light weight lifting. Hoping after this week my numbers will get better and these cravings will subside, usually I am not THIS bad! :angry:
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

I had a good day yesterday. I went for a 4 mile run, and completed my second day of Turbo Jam. Today I have to go pick up my daughter in Denver after work, do a little shopping at the outlets, clean, and somehow fit in my Turbo Jam session. This weekend Iam taking my kids to the cheyanne mountain zoo which should be fun, and a great workout since 95% of the zoo is uphill!! I weighed myself this morning, and I weighed in at 172. Iam so close to the 160's that I can almost taste it :happy:
  • kbl1978
    kbl1978 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi my name is Kelly and in sept i will be 33years old. I am married to the same guy for over 14 years. i have two girls one that is 12 going on 25 and and one that will be 3 on july 29. i am suck on 140lbs to 138lbs for the past 2 years and cant seem to budge
    i need some friends with the same goals.. i had a c-section with my last girl and now no matter what i dry i can not get my abs flat.
    i have always been in to fitness even prego. but now i need a push somedays. i am on day14 of suprem 90 hoping it will work. i am not doing the eating plan. so we will see. good luck everyone
  • themommie
    Options
    hi my name is Kelly and in sept i will be 33years old. I am married to the same guy for over 14 years. i have two girls one that is 12 going on 25 and and one that will be 3 on july 29. i am suck on 140lbs to 138lbs for the past 2 years and cant seem to budge
    i need some friends with the same goals.. i had a c-section with my last girl and now no matter what i dry i can not get my abs flat.
    i have always been in to fitness even prego. but now i need a push somedays. i am on day14 of suprem 90 hoping it will work. i am not doing the eating plan. so we will see. good luck everyone

sorry kelly but this is a closed group, we arent taking new members right now. There is another Hot mama group that has members close to your weight, check in there they might be taking new members