the "crap, im fat" moment...

Options
13»

Replies

• djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Some dude thought I was pregnant even though I'm not...oh, the shame. I couldn't even bring myself to say, no, I'm just fat.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've always been hefty, but it finally really sunk in earlier this month at the beach. I saw people jogging along the beach and wanted that to be me. Plus, I didn't feel too sexy around my ex.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    When I was trying on wedding dresses and I looked in the mirror and didn't feel like a bride. Also when my mom saw me working out and she said, "I like when you work out, you'll get skinny." :grumble:
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Mine was the day after Christmas in 2009. I got on the scale to see how much weight I'd gained during the holidays. I was 293 pounds! I was thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh, I weigh almost 300 lbs!!" So my friend had actually told me about this myfitnesspal a few months before. I started taking my weight loss more seriously on January 1st, 2010. I spent all of 2010 on a mission and now I'm finally at 258. Having a bit of a stall in weight loss, but I'm not going to let it discourage me.
  • jenny_91
    jenny_91 Posts: 23
    Options
    Mine was everytime I went shopping for new clothes HAHA well at least I'm actually doing something about it this time :)
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Graduation photos from college. Always been a bigger girl, but I was definitely just about the "fluffy" stage (see: Gabriel Iglesias). I'm really good at dressing thinner and carrying my weight pretty well, but there was no way of hiding anything while wearing a black gown. Ugh...

That was three years ago, and about 40lbs. Wow, never written that before, that's... wow.
  • vicki915
    vicki915 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I walked past my large glass patio door, saw my reflection, and didn't think it was me... but it was.
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    In a dressing room around last Christmas - I was trying on jeans and a shirt, put on the jeans first and I was standing in front of the mirror, shirtless, in pants that SHOULD have fit me. They barely did up, and I saw my muffin top and rolls hanging over them. I thought, "wow, when did this happen?" I bought the jeans anyway, but it took me a few months to REALLY get started on my weight loss. Now they fit perfectly :smile:
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    Typical college freshman moment when I went home for summer break and none of my size 12 shorts fit and when I went to the store neither did the 14's....I had gained 20 lbs in 1 year and I finally had enough!
  • tireetje
    tireetje Posts: 49
    Options
    April 4 2011 - I literally wallowed out of bed, felt like crap and- this will sound cliche- got a look at myself in the bathroom mirror and I looked very bad between the weight and uncontrolled diabetes. Looked at myself and said "I'm done"

Walked out and told my wife and son I was doing a lifestyle change (note- I said lifestyle change and not diet). They rolled there eyes which I can blame them for.

3 1/2 months later I am down 41 pounds, went from barely being able to get out of my chair to 3-4 hours of exercise per day, and my doctor has taken me off a bunch of my meds (2 out of 3 insulins gone, 1 insulin at a minimal does, 1 pill reduced to a minimal dose, and looking at getting rid of another pill). My A1C went from 12.9 to 7.0 in <3 months.

Good For you!!!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I got so sick and tired of seeing recent pictures of myself and that extra weight I have put on over the last few years. Summer time is always the time of year the most pictures are taken (well that and Christmas) and I couldn't stand to look at them because of my double chins and bulging waist. I said enough is enough and went to work to do something about it.
  • vlwallace87
    vlwallace87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was on my vacation to Niagara Falls last year and I was so worn out from walking. I was constantly out of breath and didn't want to walk anymore. We had been taking photos the entire trip and when we got home to look through them I saw myself. I couldn't believe how horrible I looked and I knew I needed a change. So I started my weightloss journey and I'm down 40lbs so far!
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    MY moment was coming home from a trip with 4 other girls I met on a weight watchers website 6 years ago. We had become good friends and talked for six years but never met face to face. We were from all over the country. Then we finally decided it was time to meet. We did for a long weekend......had a blast.....ate crap food for 4 days and then I came home, weighed, and realized that I had gained back every single pound that I had initially lost 6 years ago when I first met these ladies online! I guess when WW changed their program, it no longer worked for me. So......... I kicked WW to the curb. Then one of my WW friends recommended MFP. I took a looky loo and signed on. Been here 3 weeks and have lost 9 lbs.
    Never going back to WW. Coming to MFP and seeing how many calories I had been eating was a huge eye opener for me.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I was always "thicker" but really gained alot of weight with my pregnancies. But my last one really did it for me. She was 5 months old and we went to the fair and my son asked me to go on the rollercoaster with him and I gladly went cause deep down, I'm just a big kid. When the guy came around to push the bars down, he had to really, really push down and he kinda looked at me. Still at that moment, I thought wth, I just had a baby. A couple of months ago, we had a family get-together and people where taking pictures. I honestly cried the first time I saw one of them, that was my true moment. And any picture that has been secretly taken of me since then has been deleted.
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've always been a bigger girl since I was 6 but it never occured to me that I was really THAT big. I've always been an active person playing a lot of sports when I was younger so I never though much of it and there's been several comments I heard from my mom's friends who met me for the first time and their jaws would drop after my mom presented me as her daughter the first thing they'd say would be "wow she is twice as big as you where did you go wrong" it would bug me for a day but then i'd get over it. In 3 years of working out I had only lost 30 pounds and was getting frusterated with myself saying i'm not losing weight fast and thinking that something was wrong with me. Oneday I stepped on the scale and saw it go up to 220 I was mortified and I also saw some old pictures of me on facebook in a bathing thinking "wow I can't even believe I had the guts to wear a bikini in public at that weight" and I also thought that could not have been me. I was planning a big trip to Spain and told myself I need to lose weight I don't want to be fat anymore, I want to be able to wear cute clothes and walk the beach in a bikini without covering up and sucking in and have men look at me in awe instead of disgust. For once I want to be someones girlfriend instead of just the friend and I want to feel as healthy as I look. I found out my problem was calories I was consuming way more than I should've been and that's why my weight was not going anywhere.