• ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    Fiber One bars
    45 Calorie bread
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like to go out to Pei Wei and get the Lettuce Wraps. The whole dish is only 500 cals. VERY Filling! YUMMM-ooo!!!!!!!!!!
  • ms61840
    Options
    I have never put a parsnip past my lips in my entire life, but I am looking for new veggies so I tried chopping them up and roasting them with a little bit of olive oil, salt n pepper. They were actually so good. I make it at least once a week now....and best of all my kids like them too!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have never put a parsnip past my lips in my entire life, but I am looking for new veggies so I tried chopping them up and roasting them with a little bit of olive oil, salt n pepper. They were actually so good. I make it at least once a week now....and best of all my kids like them too!!

I am intriguied, what does it taste like? Potato? Turnip?
  • ms61840
    Options
    the texture is like a roasted potato but the flavor is a little sweeter and kinda spicy like fresh ginger. love 'em. Try it...
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love the Garden of Eatin brand Multi-Grain Tortilla Chips with Flax. (The poppyseed, onion and garlic flavor). SOOOO good!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I love the Garden of Eatin brand Multi-Grain Tortilla Chips with Flax. (The poppyseed, onion and garlic flavor). SOOOO good!!

Tam! You kill me! You always find such yummy stuff and I can never find it here! :tongue:
  • ladybug3
    Options
    I know this sounds kinda weird but I really like a cup of Special K protein plus cereal mixed with yogurt.:smooched:
    Very yummy!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Taste like? I didn't even know what it/they look like until I googled it a couple of minutes ago. :laugh:
    Wikipedia says "Parsnips resemble carrots, but are paler than most of them and have a stronger flavor." Interesting. I will keep an eye out for some of these.

parsnip_gladiator.jpg
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Tam! You kill me! You always find such yummy stuff and I can never find it here! :tongue:
    Sowwy!! :wink: :happy:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

Taste like? I didn't even know what it/they look like until I googled it a couple of minutes ago. :laugh:
    Wikipedia says "Parsnips resemble carrots, but are paler than most of them and have a stronger flavor." Interesting. I will keep an eye out for some of these.

parsnip_gladiator.jpg

You got me there, that was gonna be my next question!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow light cheeses, they are new to me. I use them on crackers, toast, english muffins, everything. So good!

oh good...glad you shared as they are new to me as well, so new in fact I haven't yet opened the pkg.

I finally found them but had no idea what type to try except I knew to pick 'light'....so I got french onion, ahhh I think?

What are others that you all have tried and found to your liking regarding us newbies and Laughing Cow lite wedges?:drinker:
  • curlhair
    Options

yum!

i LOVE parsnips! i put them in my stir-fry with some giner, garlic, snow peas, onions, sesame seeds, broccoli, and chicken!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I know this sounds kinda weird but I really like a cup of Special K protein plus cereal mixed with yogurt.:smooched:
    Very yummy!

doesn't sound strange at all :happy: Sounds yummy & crunchy:drinker: I'll have to try some crunchies in my yogurt one day... as those are my 2 favorite textures:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I finally got brave and tried a Fiber One Bar. It was so yummy. The oats and caramel is almost like a cookie.

yea with all the talk on them, I'm thinking I may try them as well.....:laugh:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Laughing Cow light cheeses, they are new to me. I use them on crackers, toast, english muffins, everything. So good!

oh good...glad you shared as they are new to me as well, so new in fact I haven't yet opened the pkg.

I finally found them but had no idea what type to try except I knew to pick 'light'....so I got french onion, ahhh I think?

What are others that you all have tried and found to your liking regarding us newbies and Laughing Cow lite wedges?:drinker:

I love all of the LC lite varieties! The baby bell lite cheese is really good too. That one is a firmer cheese that is covered in a red wax coating. I use the soft spreadable ones on multi grain wasa crackers for a great low cal snack. It also works great to use in place of mayo on a turkey or ham sandwich. Also really good with smoked turkey and romaine or boston lettuce for a wrap. Or, one more thing I tried was using a wedge of the garlic and herb cheese and whisking it in a bowl with a little red wine vinegar, kosher salt and cracked pepper to make a dressing for a salad.
    The plain LC is good with apples....man, I could just go on and on! :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

I love all of the LC lite varieties! The baby bell lite cheese is really good too. That one is a firmer cheese that is covered in a red wax coating. I use the soft spreadable ones on multi grain wasa crackers for a great low cal snack. It also works great to use in place of mayo on a turkey or ham sandwich. Also really good with smoked turkey and romaine or boston lettuce for a wrap. Or, one more thing I tried was using a wedge of the garlic and herb cheese and whisking it in a bowl with a little red wine vinegar, kosher salt and cracked pepper to make a dressing for a salad.
    The plain LC is good with apples....man, I could just go on and on! :laugh:
    ah yes, My Wasa crackers....love them, I'm newer to them as well, have tried several varieties and find them all nice and crunchy and you can put just about anything on them.

my current favorite textures are smooth and crunchy.... like yogurt (Greek Fage, YUM-O, even the plain is heaven, the cherry is like cherry cheese cake, awesome protein count, low fat count, decent carbs, oh, now I need to go pick some up after class tonight..lol) and something crunchy ...earlier someone suggested they enjoy putting cereal in their yogurt.... perfect!

Thanks so much on the LC review.... now that I think about it, I am thinking I bought the one you mentioned...the garlic and herb....I was standing there trying to think of all the things folks on here had shared and all I could recall was...wedges, a flat container and 'lite'...:laugh: :noway:

But oh I have seen the lil net bags of them too....wasn't sure what those were like, thanks for sharing about those as well. :drinker:

I've seen them at the Coop HealthFStore around here but they don't carry lite....bummer....I was going to try that thinking it was what everyone was talking about but....not seeing lite I didn't pick one up.

Now I know they are tasty as well.

Today I picked up some Quaker rice cakes caramel corn ones. Decided to start trying out a variety of snack options for on the go. I can see some CB (fresh ground Cashew Butter) and a few banana slices on the top for a quick brekkie:drinker:

OK, have a Meditative dance class in a bit....more water, then a grab and go and I'll check back in later.
    :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Bunny...thanks for beginning this thread topic once again... I appreciate reading up on new ideas... :flowerforyou::happy:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    I have a huge amount of calories left for the evening, so I figured I could have dessert! Here is the result of throwing some stuff together:

1 jello sf banana fudge pudding
    1 small banana sliced
    1 graham cracker square, crumbled
    2 tbsp ff cool whip

YUMMY!!!!:bigsmile:
    200 calories, a serving of calcium, 2 grams of fat and totally delicious!
    This is so worth saving some calories up for!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I have a huge amount of calories left for the evening, so I figured I could have dessert! Here is the result of throwing some stuff together:

1 jello sf banana fudge pudding
    1 small banana sliced
    1 graham cracker square, crumbled
    2 tbsp ff cool whip

YUMMY!!!!:bigsmile:
    200 calories, a serving of calcium, 2 grams of fat and totally delicious!
    This is so worth saving some calories up for!

Soooo gonna steal this some time!

Fitness_Chick: No problem, I think we can all learn a lot from each other.