NEW FOODS YOU LIKE!

Options

Replies

• BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Here a few old and but maybe new to you snacks that make me happy. I work nights and I SNACK alot at night.

All Fiber One bars and Yogurt -- delicious and low calorie
    Kar's Nutty Snacks, each pack is only 70 calories (found only at BJ's Wholesale)
    Quaker Fiber & Omega-3 Peanut Butter Chocolate bar (150 cal, 5g fat, 35 mg sodium, 7g sugar, 3g protein, 9g fiber)

Gala apples 70 cal
    Sobe LifeWater new 0 cal waters
    Keebler 100 Calorie packs
    Chex Mix Bars are also decent with only 130 calories

If there is a Stop & Shop in your area check out
    Simply Enjoy brand because they have some really good crackers and cookies
    Nature's Promise because they have some awesome organic products that are not expensive
  • melisay
    melisay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow light cheeses, they are new to me. I use them on crackers, toast, english muffins, everything. So good!
    orgasmic ! try with some jam on top too !! sugarless jam that is :_0
  • marathongirly
    marathongirly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    if you haven't seen the website hungrygirl you have to check it out....you can sign up for enewsletters. she has great new food ideas and also will take a high calorie food and pair it down to healthy! check it out
    www.hungrygirl.com
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I have never put a parsnip past my lips in my entire life, but I am looking for new veggies so I tried chopping them up and roasting them with a little bit of olive oil, salt n pepper. They were actually so good. I make it at least once a week now....and best of all my kids like them too!!

Mash cooked parsnip and carrots together with some low sodium chicken broth. They taste so good. The parsnips give a kind of nutty taste
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    bump
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I had to join in!

My favorites:

A light creamy organic tomato soup (100 calories for 1 cup) and a wasa cracker....mmmm

Wasa cracker with peanut butter

Light vanilla yogurt with dry/raw rolled oats and frozen blueberries stirred in. Some days i just do uncooked oatmeal with soy milk and frozen blueberries.

A HUGE spinach salad with strawberries, apples, some crunchies, shrimp, and a light balsamic vinagrette

Egg whites and ham

Peppermint green tea

FOOOOOOOOD!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I had to join in!

My favorites:

A light creamy organic tomato soup (100 calories for 1 cup) and a wasa cracker....mmmm

Light vanilla yogurt with dry/raw rolled oats and frozen blueberries stirred in. Some days i just do uncooked oatmeal with soy milk and frozen blueberries.

A HUGE spinach salad with strawberries, apples, some crunchies, shrimp, and a light balsamic vinagrette

Egg whites and ham

Peppermint green tea

FOOOOOOOOD!!

I think I'll try that idea of adding fruit to my spinach salad..I can see that would add more yumminess to it.

Wasa crackers are great with so many things, great with Tuna, humus, Laughing Cow, Sharp Cheddar, well the list goes on hopefully others will share their Wasa Cracker favs:wink::laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Tonight I tried something new for an evening snack...

A single serving bag of popcorn mixed in 2 T. raisins and 2 T. sliced amonds... mmm new combo to me..

I think I'll do it again Crunchy sweet/salty...the perfect combo :drinker:

I'll have to remember that come PMS time:grumble: :laugh:

Though I will admit to craving M & M's when eating my popcorn, I remember someone on here mentioning they add them into their popcorn. hm, mmm:tongue:
  • BxMom
    Options
    I had to join in!

My favorites:

Egg whites and ham

Peppermint green tea

FOOOOOOOOD!!

MMM Egg whites with ham, garlic, sweet onions and red peppers.....
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    if you haven't seen the website hungrygirl you have to check it out....you can sign up for enewsletters. she has great new food ideas and also will take a high calorie food and pair it down to healthy! check it out www.hungrygirl.com

I was just checking it out. Just skimmed over it a bit. I have it bookmarked for later. Thanks. :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    OomarianneoO --- haven't seen you in a while!!! It's good to see you back :flowerforyou:
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I found the Banana Nut Cherrios last night and I snagged a handful. It tasted like I was eating a banana nut muffin. Plus they are only 100 calories for 2/3 cup. Hubby had a bowl with sliced banana's on top. OMG I was in heaven. To bad the whole family likes them, now I can't have the whole box to myself.
  • BxMom
    Options
    New favorite item

Fiber One Chocolate Mocha bars... :bigsmile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these! I think it's so fun to peel off the red wax on their light cheese. The taste is divine and moist! not dry like some low fat cheeses can be!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I love triscults - roasted garlic!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    if you haven't seen the website hungrygirl you have to check it out....you can sign up for enewsletters. she has great new food ideas and also will take a high calorie food and pair it down to healthy! check it out www.hungrygirl.com

I was just checking it out. Just skimmed over it a bit. I have it bookmarked for later. Thanks. :drinker:
    Ooooooooo:smooched: :smooched: Oh how I've missed you my Friend:flowerforyou: :tongue:

Where ya been, I've had search parties out ...they must have told you I was missing you as you've peeked in now:tongue::laugh:

Hugs Marie:heart:
    FC:heart:
  • PurpleStarKatz
    PurpleStarKatz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I suppose I'll jump in too.
    Growing up as a picky, finicky child, I refused to try new things until maybe a year or two ago.

I've found I absolutely love Brown rice, espcially the Uncle Ben's microwave kind. Being a college student, I pretty much can only use the microwave, so it gives me that option. And unlike my mom, it wasn't an acquired taste. I tried it once and loved it. :bigsmile:

I've also found I like wheat spaghetti. My friend and I made some this past weekend, with a sauce that wasn't traditional tomato sauce, instead the sauce was chopped tomatoes, onion, and garlic, sauteed in olive oil. It was delish. haha.

Sun Dried Tomato and Basil wheat thins are sooo good too. And a good switch from chips. They have a real kick of flavor. :smile:

I also was dying for some yogurt, and the only kind my mom had in lemon was the 99.9% fat free. Tasted amazing. There really wasn't a difference in flavor like most fat free things I've found.

Oh, and not that this is new to me by any means, but I've gotta say, the Nature Valley Granola Bars? I absolutely love the Cinnamon ones! :love: hehe.

And that's about all I can think of right now.

Oh, and I saw someone else mentioned that special K2O protien drink mix. I'm gonna have to try that sometime, I've always wanted to.
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    OomarianneoO --- haven't seen you in a while!!! It's good to see you back :flowerforyou:

Thanks! Making my way back slowly but surely. I'm all sicky and icky with germs right now :sick: , but I have been back to the gym. I ready to continue!

You're looking GREAT by the way! :drinker:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    Ooooooooo:smooched: :smooched: Oh how I've missed you my Friend:flowerforyou: :tongue:

Where ya been, I've had search parties out ...they must have told you I was missing you as you've peeked in now:tongue::laugh:

Hugs Marie:heart:
    FC:heart:

Woman! I tell ya...you are AWESOME! I can't get over the weight you've lost! I'm glad to be back! I've been logging in my foods like a good girl and started back at the gym again. But now, I'm all icky. I'm starting to feel a little bit better and really wanting to get into a swimsuit before the summer is completely out....and by swimsuit , I mean swimsuit without the friggin' t-shirt over top (who do we think we're fooling when we do that anyway?) :ohwell: :laugh:
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    all bran mixed with yogurt
    Fiber one and Special K bars
    soup--especially leek and potato, and butternut squash
    sweet potato and squash
    mushrooms
    cauliflower mashed with regular potatoand fat free cream cheese---the BEST!!
    good steak
    lox and ff cream cheese on a 100 calories bagel
    123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter