"You're really gonna eat that?"

Options
I absolutely LOVE hard boiled egg whites, and I eat 3 every morning for my snack at work. I get the weirdest looks! I can't tell if it's the smell (I don't smell anything) or that people don't like them or what, but every day, without fail, someone makes comments like, "Ew, you're going to eat that?"

What's your favorite weight loss food that gets this reaction?

Replies

• kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    A lot of times for a light lunch a snack I just eat a huge pile of edamame at work. People always think its weird.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs. Mine would be spinach, I always get funny looks for it
  • Shanell802
    Shanell802 Posts: 37
    Options
    I sometimes eat tuna salad for breakfast. It even sounds gross to me typing it, but I like it. I'm one of those people that can eat anything at any time of the day. Sometimes, I just snack on pickles in the am...people always ask if I'm pregnant. Nope, I just eat weird food :)
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Every morning as I'm measuring out my 1/2 cup of Fiber One or Bran Buds or All-Bran, I get the same reactions....they ask me if I am going to start "pecking" the ground like a chicken. :laugh: I told my hubby that it looks like goat feed (we have goats) & he said he wouldn't even feed it to them. :laugh: Of course, he knows that my "feed" has been a HUGE part of my success. Have a great day!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't often get a "why are you eating that?" - more often, my boyfriend or friends will say "what, you're not going to eat that?" in regards to chips or pizza or something.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    There is a woman that I work with who is easily 200 pounds overweight. She'll look at my tofu/quinoa salad while packing down three (yes, three) burgers from Carls Jr. and acts like my food is disgusting...really?!
  • staceyseeger
    Options
    A lot of times for a light lunch a snack I just eat a huge pile of edamame at work. People always think its weird.

I LOVE EDAMAME...all kinds!
  • staceyseeger
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: Ditto over here! In response to the Carl's, Jr. Burger lady...sorry!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat tuna salad for breakfast. It even sounds gross to me typing it, but I like it. I'm one of those people that can eat anything at any time of the day. Sometimes, I just snack on pickles in the am...people always ask if I'm pregnant. Nope, I just eat weird food :)

^^ love it, I'm the same way, though my work breakfast usually consists of 2 boiled eggs, a cooffe and a cup of oatmeal.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Mine is broccoli. I eat a full bowl of broccoli as a snack at work usually. If I put it in the microwave to steam them, I catch hell for the smell. oh well. If I eat it raw, people still make comments asking me how I can eat it...
  • MaryElizabeth10
    Options
    I eat mushy peas cold from the can. I just can't get enough of them, but no-one can understand why!
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I hate people who comment on others food choices.They are not the ones eating it they should not comment. That being said everyone in my house loves them even my kids eat them all the time.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and apples :)
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    my boss gives me crap and thinks im taking steroids when I add protein powder to water and shake it up. He says hes gonna drug test me one day lol
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Do to being on Atkins for the last 4 months, I've about had it with eggs. I've tried a whole slew of different styles. I've started eating lunch and dinner foods for breakfast. As for your topic, there really isn't anything that I eat that make people say "that's nasty"
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    cold peas in a can are a favorite of mine also!
  • staceyseeger
    Options
    peanut butter and apples :)

Why? IS PB & Apples too girly???? :wink:
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    protein shakes.. people get disgusted by them.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Mine is broccoli. I eat a full bowl of broccoli as a snack at work usually. If I put it in the microwave to steam them, I catch hell for the smell. oh well. If I eat it raw, people still make comments asking me how I can eat it...

HAHAHA! I've had steamed broccoli for lunch the last two days (the first day because I really wanted it. The second because a guy at work raised absolute hell about the smell. I love to instigate!)
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Went to the inlaws for dinner, they were making pasta, so I brought half a spaghetti squash (to replace the pasta) and a container filled with chopped zuchinni, onion, mushrooms, and baby spinach ( to add to my sauce). They were completely put off, mainly by the squash, and made comments all thru dinner...."that can't be good", "how can you eat that", "how can Mike(hubby) stand to smell that all the time?" This coming from two people who spent a week end in the hospital last month, one for a TIA and blood pressure that was thru the roof and the other for what the doc thought was a heart attack, they even shared a room. And they can tell me how I should eat?

edit for grammar...