"You're really gonna eat that?"

Options

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    My high school students found it hilarious when I would make ENORMOUS salads at work. I mean, enough greens and veggies to fill a bowl big enough for a pound of cooked pasta.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    I sometimes eat tuna salad for breakfast. It even sounds gross to me typing it, but I like it. I'm one of those people that can eat anything at any time of the day. Sometimes, I just snack on pickles in the am...people always ask if I'm pregnant. Nope, I just eat weird food :)

I eat tuna salad for breakfast too!! I'm not alone :D
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and apples :)

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Hot rice cereal and greek yogurt, all mixed together. Not gonna lie, it looks kind of questionable, but hey, your McD's sandwhich looks like 3 days of 'flu like symptoms' and a week of migrains. So I'll eat GF, you eat...that and it will be ok. If you want to talk about why you won't eat my food (which I didn't offer soooo why are you telling me you don't want it...I'm not offering it...) ANYWAY, if you tell me why you won't eat my food, I'll go into detail about what's in your food and what eating your food does to my body.

I had tilapia for breakfast the other day. My roommate just stared. It (the tilapia) was awesome.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm a salty-snack kind of girl, so I've replaced potato chips with seaweed. They're about 35 calories a pack and come in different flavours...they really satisfy my crunchy-salt attacks. But I get the weirdest looks when I pull them out on the bus or train!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Went to the inlaws for dinner, they were making pasta, so I brought half a spaghetti squash (to replace the pasta) and a container filled with chopped zuchinni, onion, mushrooms, and baby spinach ( to add to my sauce). They were completely put off, mainly by the squash, and made comments all thru dinner...."that can't be good", "how can you eat that", "how can Mike(hubby) stand to smell that all the time?" This coming from two people who spent a week end in the hospital last month, one for a TIA and blood pressure that was thru the roof and the other for what the doc thought was a heart attack, they even shared a room. And they can tell me how I should eat?

edit for grammar...

Goes to show you, it takes all kinds. I think that sounds delicious!!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and carrots - a throwback to my elementary school days:)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    iv never had a diet item...
    but when i was at school my mum use to make car crash sandwich. "mackeral in tomato sauce".
    use to look rough!!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Went to the inlaws for dinner, they were making pasta, so I brought half a spaghetti squash (to replace the pasta) and a container filled with chopped zuchinni, onion, mushrooms, and baby spinach ( to add to my sauce). They were completely put off, mainly by the squash, and made comments all thru dinner...."that can't be good", "how can you eat that", "how can Mike(hubby) stand to smell that all the time?" This coming from two people who spent a week end in the hospital last month, one for a TIA and blood pressure that was thru the roof and the other for what the doc thought was a heart attack, they even shared a room. And they can tell me how I should eat?

edit for grammar...

This kind of reaction is ridiculous, but doesn't surprise me at all. . . . When you are doing something with the well being of your body in mind, some people who know their choices are not as healthy go on the defensive and act very petty.

At a family party about a year ago, two of my aunts showed how very different people can behave when you make choices different from theirs. When I quietly asked my aunt hosting the party if she had anything else I could snack on instead of the chips and cold cuts, aunt #2 overheard and loudly said "well, I have worked my way to the top of the food chain and I eat REAL food!" and started piling deli ham onto a bun. My hosting aunt, however, immediately went and sliced up two bell peppers, which I was happy to eat raw.

I can't believe I am about to type this, but . . . haters gonna hate.
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Veggie burgers. And squash.
  • uniquemoves
    uniquemoves Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I'll have lance whole grain cheddar cheese crackers as a snack.. and will be asked "EWWW why are you eating those??!" :smile: believe it or not they are actually pretty good..
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I'll have lance whole grain cheddar cheese crackers as a snack.. and will be asked "EWWW why are you eating those??!" :smile: believe it or not they are actually pretty good..

^^Agreed
  • ifeelsqueaky
    ifeelsqueaky Posts: 193
    Options
    People get kind of weird about me eating Laughing Cow cheese triangles straight out of the box. I think it's delicious though!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I'm a salty-snack kind of girl, so I've replaced potato chips with seaweed. They're about 35 calories a pack and come in different flavours...they really satisfy my crunchy-salt attacks. But I get the weirdest looks when I pull them out on the bus or train!

Seaweed here, too! But I've always eaten it :tongue: Now I have my kids hooked, too. When I pack a picnic lunch, I bring rice rolled up in sheets of seaweed instead of sandwiches, we always get funny looks!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

edit for grammar...

This kind of reaction is ridiculous, but doesn't surprise me at all. . . . When you are doing something with the well being of your body in mind, some people who know their choices are not as healthy go on the defensive and act very petty.

At a family party about a year ago, two of my aunts showed how very different people can behave when you make choices different from theirs. When I quietly asked my aunt hosting the party if she had anything else I could snack on instead of the chips and cold cuts, aunt #2 overheard and loudly said "well, I have worked my way to the top of the food chain and I eat REAL food!" and started piling deli ham onto a bun. My hosting aunt, however, immediately went and sliced up two bell peppers, which I was happy to eat raw.

I can't believe I am about to type this, but . . . haters gonna hate.

Ya' know I could understand if I asked them to NOT have pasta and eat squash, or to add veggies to all the sauce, but I never ask anyone to eat what I'm eating.
    We have friends over at least twice a month, and at first they were like, "umm what's that?" I'd tell them and I get a 'No Thanks" with a crinkled nose, now they are asking to try some of my healthier versions of what they are eating.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts...I got banned from eating them at my last job. One of my bosses said it made the office smell horrible.
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can just sit and eat a carrot. I get lazy and literally peal it and chop of the top and then just sit and eat it. Weird looks all around.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    LOL..People say that about my Couscous when I bring it in...I always say, "Don't knock it until you've tried it!"

AND..when people see my lunchtime salads...they think..eww...there's so many veggies..Um..duh..its a salad!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just say UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yep!
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Radishes! They make your burps something fowl.:embarassed: