• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bump:glasses:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    bump:glasses:

Jeannie, thanks for bumping! Great post!
  • metalpalace
    Options
    This is a bad azz post :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SPOT BURNINIG FAT. We got over this time and time again... and many people are falsely lead into believeing that it's possible thanks to the lots of advertising lyers out there. Even health and fitness magazines are known for misleading. I can't tell you how many times I see a magazine that'll read, "Do this exercise for 6 minutes a day to get a flat tummy." Well, flat tummies don't come from a single exercise. Flat tummies come from a combination of strength and cardiovascular training... oh yeah, not to mention what we put in our mouths.

I wanted to quote this because it is the most important damn thing out there for people trying to lose weight. Your body uses fat from wherever its the easiest to get it, which tends to be from wherever the highest concentration of fat is. So, have a big tummy? It's going to pull energy from fat in your arms, your face, your butt, and your tummy, but most likely it will skew towards belly fat. There's more there, so its easier to get more energy out of it, ya dig? That's why someone who starts working out tends to notice their face looks thinner - I highly doubt their doing face aerobics!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    bump :happy: