Foods you've grown up with, trying to give up

Options
13»

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    candy and milk. I easily would drink 800+ calories in milk per day, and eat 1000+ calories in candy per day :/

I am trying to cut the calories for now. So far I don't gain weight as easily as I lose *fingers crossed it stays this way* so I am hoping when I reach maintenance I can eat 800 calories in dairy again, and am hoping to cut the candy down to 200 calories or less per day. :)
  • Mucky_Duck
    Mucky_Duck Posts: 73
    Options
    Would have to be getting the meat pie from the dairy after school for me. Warm buttery pastry with lab mince filling... so so tasty and so so bad!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Mac & Cheese and Bread....aaaaa the memories! LOL
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Mac & Cheese and Bread....aaaaa the memories! LOL

My gosh that sounds spectacular! How I crave fresh sour dough and Safeway mac and cheese >_____<
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me - being half Irish too , is bread and potatoes!
  • ltliddell
    ltliddell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried a lower fat homemade Mac 'n Cheese? I found one at
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/252622/the-ultimate-makeover-macaroni-cheese
    and it looks good! Being on a healthier eating plan doesn't mean you have to go without - you just have to get creative!
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    Hot dogs... that's been a biggie for me. Chicken tenders and fries. Potatoes. And of course, Kraft Mac&Cheese. I know they aren't gone forever, lol. But being so early on in my journey, and seeing such good results, I hate to sabotage myself with this stuff.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I love cookies, those nice big gooey ones yum yum.

However I thought I would treat myself to one the other day and I ate it and did not enjoy it as much as I used to. Would rather have some nice cold watermelon
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Nothing, what's life if you cant have what you enjoy i love sweet things I just don't have them everyday - maybe once a week as a treat.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Nothing, what's life if you cant have what you enjoy i love sweet things I just don't have them everyday - maybe once a week as a treat.
    Exactly.
    I have not "given up" any food. Some foods I have decided to limit. When I want a particular food I work it into my calories for the day. Denying myself some thing just makes my feel sorry for myself.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    What I would give for plate of my Grandpa's Sunday cooking! Cured ham, mountains of mashed potatoes with milk gravy, green beans with lard or ham scraps, salads with full fat homemade ranch dressings, and Grandma's pies for dessert! :smile:

I grew up spending lots of time in my grandparent's country store and home cooking restaurant. I used to serve 1 lb hambugers, triple portions of fries and glass after glass of sweet tea to all the people who came in there. I ate it all too and ironically was very skinny then.

Sure miss my Grandpa! But I keep in mind his health problems and why I can't eat like that all my life.

I know I would probably just take the potatoes & gravy!!!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Exactly.
    I have not "given up" any food. Some foods I have decided to limit. When I want a particular food I work it into my calories for the day. Denying myself some thing just makes my feel sorry for myself.

Me to!! I just want it even more!!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Fried bologna with hot pepper cheese on white bread. I think I'd be sick if I tried to eat that now!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Crunchy Nut cereal!! Oh, it's heaven in a box. It was my FAVORITE growing up in England, and then after we moved to the U.S. they stopped making it....until THIS January. I had a half a box a day habit. I couldn't keep my hand out of the box. Now i just can't buy it or it's all over. I love white rice and nice warm bread at restaurants.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Bacon. I could eat the whole pound!!!