Milk or no milk?

Options
13»

Replies

• taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk or consume dairy products as nature says, our mother's milk is limited, why keep drinking it? If you say calcium, I'm sure you can find it in other sources. If you like to drink it, go for it.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk or consume dairy products as nature says, our mother's milk is limited, why keep drinking it? If you say calcium, I'm sure you can find it in other sources. If you like to drink it, go for it.

Well, with a few notable exceptions throughout history, we don't kill and carve up our moms into steaks either, do we? Is carving up and eating a juicy filet mignon steak any less natural than eating food that was meant for baby cows?
  • taem
    Options

Well, with a few notable exceptions throughout history, we don't kill and carve up our moms into steaks either, do we? Is carving up and eating a juicy filet mignon steak any less natural than eating food that was meant for baby cows?

Eat away!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options

I guess the problem I have with this school of thought is that we eat many other things that are meant to nourish "baby" things: eggs, nuts, seeds.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    Options

Eat away!

I don't drink milk... and I'm not trying to justify my diet. I just find the subject interesting.
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    This is a hard question, because the alternatives available don't always measure up to the taste you are accustom to. I discovered Organic low fat milk, and i love the taste. I also enjoy the taste of Silk, soy milk. I only drink Milk once in awhile, because i am not a big fan of milk, but these two suggestions are my favorites!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Silk Almond Milk for the win!
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use silk almond unsweetened
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Mother's Milk is limited? THIS MADE ME LOL SO HARD!
  • TK421NotAtPost
    Options
    I stopped drinking mother's milk in high school. It just wasn't able to satisfy my growing body.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing I'm just going to go with almond milk, it's low on calories an has more calcium than milk.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking mother's milk in high school. It just wasn't able to satisfy my growing body.
    O_o
  • taem
    Options

Mother's Milk is limited? THIS MADE ME LOL SO HARD!

I am glad you are happy today. Human mothers don't have a constant supply of milk, so yes, it is limited. Yet, we are told that cow's milk is good for the rest of our lives (or when we decided not to drink it).

If you are a calf, go ahead and drink away!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 800+ calories in milk per day, never had to worry about my weight.

I am cutting down for my diet due to paranoia, but I say go ahead and drink it =D My grandpa drink a gallon per day his entire life...he can skip around all day long, while other people are stumbling due to arthritis. =D
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    I could not live without milk. Honestly! I have a cup of 1% every night before bed. I couldn't go to sleep without it.