Scrambled egg ideas please?

Options
13»

Replies

• fitnee
    fitnee Posts: 3
    Options
    My family love this idea. It is easy and it is fun. Breakfast is ready in 11 minutes. It is call omelet in a bag. You put a large pot of water on to start boiling. Now you get things ready to go with it. Have a small bowl for each of these: chopped tomatoes, onions, mushroom, grated cheese, crumbled bacon, chopped ham, bell peppers.( You may not like all of these things. You can add other things to the list. You have a bowl for each item you fix. Line them up in a row. Now take a quart freezer bag...Write your name on your freezer bag with a permanent marker. (Each person puts their name on their bag too.) Now each person cracks 2 eggs in their bag. Close the bag (make sure it is sealed) Make sure you get the air out of the bag. ( It will swell during cooking.). Take the bag and squeeze and squeeze until the egg is all mixed. Now open the bag and start adding any of the items from the small bowls. Pick only things out you like. Put as much as you want in the bag. Everyone usually fixes a different bag. That's why it is so fun and also good.It is just the way YOU like it. Put some salt and pepper in on top of the food. Seal the bag again and once again make sure air is out and it is sealed. Wait for everyone to get finished with their bag and are ready to start cooking them. Take each person's bag and drop it down in the water. When it comes up to boil again, start timing....it takes 11 minutes unless you have it real crowded. (I had a big pot of water and I cooked 18 bags at one time. The more you have...the bigger the pot needs to be. When time is up. you hand each person their bag. They open it and let it roll out of the bag onto their plate. It comes out like an omelet. If you try it you will love it. Count your calories up by what you pick. It is really a low calorie meal. You can eat only this or add a piece of toast with the meal. Good luck. It's not as hard as it may seems.
  • wanttogetskinny
    Options
    I didn't read all replies, so my suggestions may have been said already:

1)add cheese
    2)add crumbled turkey bacon
    3) top with salsa
    4) put on a low cal tortilla w/ veggies and make a breakfast burrito
    5) turn it into an omelet instead - I find that cream cheese in an omelet goes further than other cheeses, and the way it gets all melty and gooey is delicious!
    6) if you like spicy, top with some red pepper flakes
    7) veggies, veggies, veggies - eggs go great with pretty much any green veggie, and some of other colors :)
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with 1/2 a cup of Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles. That's only about 60 calories, but good protein and tasty :)
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite breakfast...you could substitute any of your favorite veggies!

In a bowl I scramble one whole egg and one egg white with a few dashes of Mrs. Dash Garlic Tomato Basil seasoning.
    Spray butter spray in a fry pan and saute chopped mushrooms and onions
    When almost cooked add fresh spinach until wilted
    Add egg mixture to the veggies in pan and cook through
    While that is cooking, I spread one garlic & herb laughing cow on a low-carb, high fiber whole wheat tortilla and warm in the microwave for 15 seconds
    Add egg/veggie mixture, add salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
    Fold up burrito style and ENJOY!

unledqwy.png
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't that healthy, but I put seasoned salt, pepper, cheese and milk in mine. I have no measurements, just eyeball it. That part drives my hubby nuts, he hates trying to make my eggs!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I like them with chopped up tomato and swiss cheese in them. We don't put milk in them, but we do melt a pat of butter in the pan. The key is not to overcook the eggs. I try to remove them from the heat when they look almost done, as they will continue cooking for a couple minutes after I take away the heat source.