What is that SMELL????

Options
13»

Replies

• Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town in New England. As with most small towns, the tradition in town is that the departing high school seniors play a prank on the undergrads left behind.

Well, a few years ago, the senior class announced that they were much more mature than that, and that they would rise above the tradition of pranks and actually make a gift to the high school so that their class would be remembered fondly. This news, of course, was welcomed in town.

The day of the gifting came. With great ceremony the seniors presented the high school with a dozen or so gorgeous trees, the name of which I can't remember. They were planted with equal ceremony around the center patio that spilled from the dining hall and touched all the surrounding buildings. They were beautiful....

......until the next Spring....when they flowered. The stench was so bad that for 4 days, all the windows of the school had to remain closed and the patio could not be used.

The kids now refer to them as "*kitten*-Crack Trees."

HILARIOUS! I had to share this with a friend!
  • tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Options
    I live in a small town in New England. As with most small towns, the tradition in town is that the departing high school seniors play a prank on the undergrads left behind.

Well, a few years ago, the senior class announced that they were much more mature than that, and that they would rise above the tradition of pranks and actually make a gift to the high school so that their class would be remembered fondly. This news, of course, was welcomed in town.

The day of the gifting came. With great ceremony the seniors presented the high school with a dozen or so gorgeous trees, the name of which I can't remember. They were planted with equal ceremony around the center patio that spilled from the dining hall and touched all the surrounding buildings. They were beautiful....

......until the next Spring....when they flowered. The stench was so bad that for 4 days, all the windows of the school had to remain closed and the patio could not be used.

The kids now refer to them as "*kitten*-Crack Trees."

OK...I've got to know what kind of trees they were. And, did the seniors who bought them as a "gift" know that they would stink?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I don't know the name of these bushes, but there are some that stink so bad when it rains. They smell like really strong cat urine and you can smell it from a block away! Add the summer heat to it and the muggy stench of cat urine will make your eyes cross :sick: