Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Smoked chicken wings for lunch today.
    Mmmmm! Today is my son's birthday. His choice for dinner is Buffalo Wild Wings and it's 44 cent wing night. Going to have me some yummy wings, celery and blue cheese tonight!
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Smoked chicken wings for lunch today.
    Mmmmm! Today is my son's birthday. His choice for dinner is Buffalo Wild Wings and it's 44 cent wing night. Going to have me some yummy wings, celery and blue cheese tonight!

Mmmmm... I love me some spicy garlic wangs!

Enjoy!
  • KMDM
    KMDM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey thx! I don't know how long it would have taken me to find that customization. I made the change down to 30% so now I am ready to start logging my food. Have a good day. :smile:
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I tried both the cauliflower & cheese pizza. One for dinner and the other for breakfast :(. I don't feel like I'm on diet at all.
    The cauliflower did not stick together as well as the other one. I can smell the cauliflower also I don't like it much.
    I like the cheese one better... feel more like the crust.

I want to make some nacho sauce to eat with pork rinds. Ha!
    The recipe has flour to thicken the sauce.
    What's the alternative to flour that I can use? I wonder if I can use oat bran or wheat bran
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    I tried both the cauliflower & cheese pizza. One for dinner and the other for breakfast :(. I don't feel like I'm on diet at all.
    The cauliflower did not stick together as well as the other one. I can smell the cauliflower also I don't like it much.
    I like the cheese one better... feel more like the crust.

I want to make some nacho sauce to eat with pork rinds. Ha!
    The recipe has flour to thicken the sauce.
    What's the alternative to flour that I can use? I wonder if I can use oat bran or wheat bran

I just take rinds and put them on a plate, sprinkle cheese on it and microwave until melted, top with salsa and sour cream. Tortilla chips? Who needs tortilla chips?
  • lockef
    Options
    I like to mix vinegar with some chiles and black pepper and use that to dip my pork rinds in (this is awesome with fried pork belly as well).

If you like salt and vinegar potato chips, you should give this a try.
  • lockef
    Options

Try either flax or almond flour/meal.
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    May I join your group?

I am Type2 diabetes and am in maintenance mode for the last 9 months. My weight is no lnger an issue, but staying on track is challenging. I read the thread of posts of this group and see a real benefit that you guys provide one another. I think I can contribute as well as get motivation from these posts.

When I got my T2 diagnosis I needed to lose 30 pounds and get my lipids down in order to stay off meds. It took me only 6 months thanks to Atkins to reach that goal. I currently use Atkins retail products to make sure I eat 5-7 mini meals a day and never feel hungry. I am also a fan of Gary Taube's books and lectures. In addition I got a lot a motivation from the book "Younger Next Year". I found that combining Atkins-style low carb ketosis and short duration intense exercise I can stay on track, except my weakness is boredom: culinary, workouts, etc. I can stray away from my plan when I get tired of it. I think your posts will help me with this.

My only complaint about MyFitnessPal is it set me up for 165 grams of carbs per day! To me that would send my weight right back up again (not to mention what it would do to my glucose). Is there any way you can change your profile in htis app to a lower carb limit?

Thanks for the opportunity to post.

You can manually set the percentages in your settings:
    My Home - Goals - Change Goals - Custom

You can also choose what nutrients you want to track and rearrange your columns -- I moved fiber to be next to carbohydrates to make it easier to see both numbers since I subtract fiber to get the Net Carbs.
  • KMDM
    KMDM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that's a great idea.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options

I have a bag of the Atkins bake mix, but have yet to use it. I usually don't use the processed LC products, but guess I was feeling a little bold. I've had great success with almond flour, for cookies especially. When I bread meat, I usually crush pork rinds into a powder form. It's the best tasting fried chicken and pork chops ever!!
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I have a bag of the Atkins bake mix, but have yet to use it. I usually don't use the processed LC products, but guess I was feeling a little bold. I've had great success with almond flour, for cookies especially. When I bread meat, I usually crush pork rinds into a powder form. It's the best tasting fried chicken and pork chops ever!!

I really want to try the pork rinds with the chicken or pork chops. I enjoy eating pork rinds with lemon and some powder salt/chile for a snack,.
  • SueInAz
    Options
    I really want to try the pork rinds with the chicken or pork chops. I enjoy eating pork rinds with lemon and some powder salt/chile for a snack,.
    I don't have an exact recipe but I use about a 1:1:1 ratio of the pork rinds, Parmesan cheese and flax meal along with a little granulated garlic and onion to coat chicken. You can either use an egg for a wash or even better, slather on some spicy brown or dijon mustard then coat.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I don't have an exact recipe but I use about a 1:1:1 ratio of the pork rinds, Parmesan cheese and flax meal along with a little granulated garlic and onion to coat chicken. You can either use an egg for a wash or even better, slather on some spicy brown or dijon mustard then coat.

Thanks for some alternate ideas. I usually just use the spicy rinds, but never thought to add anything to it. I like the mustard idea too, yum!!
  • Jenna70
    Jenna70 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

This sounds great! I bought pork rinds but dislike eating them our of the bag, they just don't taste good to me... or maybe it's the smell... either way they are sitting there on my shelf and I paid for them dammit so I wanna use them up!
  • SueInAz
    Options
    I should add, mashing the rinds is a process, so I have a tendency to crush the whole bag and make enough breading for a few meals, saving the rest in the fridge in a ziploc bag with the date I made it. It should be good for as long as the shortest expiration date of any one of the single ingredients (which is months or years!), as long as you portion it out when using it and don't let it touch the meat.
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Hey guys just wanted to give you an update. As of this morning, I am 155.8 pounds. I am only .4 pound away from an even 15 pound weight loss. I am so excited for this goal. Also, when I hit 153 pounds, I will be the "lightest" I've been since having my kid...THREE YEARS ago!!!! lol.
  • HeartLunger
    Options
    Hey guys just wanted to give you an update. As of this morning, I am 155.8 pounds. I am only .4 pound away from an even 15 pound weight loss. I am so excited for this goal. Also, when I hit 153 pounds, I will be the "lightest" I've been since having my kid...THREE YEARS ago!!!! lol.

WoOt, wOoT! Awesome!
  • HeartLunger
    Options

WoOt, wOoT! Awesome!
  • SueInAz
    Options
    That's so great! Keep up the work, I know it's been a frustrating road but the results are definitely worth the effort.