does this make me a jerk? Probably...

Options
1235»

Replies

• astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Agree, sounds like she could be jealous. I really dont like when people are like, I'm a 2! Good for you, but can you sit in them? Sure I could fit in a 6, but 8's are more comfortable. Or when the sizes run big, New York and Co for example, I could wear an XS, and I am not XS.
  • khawk043
    khawk043 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That was not very nice. You probably hurt her feeling and hurt her self esteem. She sounded like she was really excited about being able to fit in a 6, forget the muffin top, just being in a 6 had to have been exciting. It sounded like she wanted you to give her some support rather than shoot her down. In my opionion, you really should apologize. :brokenheart: :sad:
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That was not very nice. You probably hurt her feeling and hurt her self esteem. She sounded like she was really excited about being able to fit in a 6, forget the muffin top, just being in a 6 had to have been exciting. It sounded like she wanted you to give her some support rather than shoot her down. In my opionion, you really should apologize. :brokenheart: :sad:
    If you read my last post just a few above yours, you would see that I didnt say anything to her....and that she wasnt trying to lose weight, she was just showing me her size was smaller than mine. the "jerkiness" was just something I thought and shared.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Just want to add something else--

Sizes are completely arbitrary. I could be a size 20 in one store and a size 12 in the next. What really matters is how healthy you are, inside and out. You're changing your life AND you're secure with yourself, which means guess what? YOU'RE WINNING. (you can just let her think she is :wink: )
  • nala1965
    nala1965 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This goes to the fact that just because its "your" size dont mean you should wear it. If you can not comfortably sit down in a pair of jeans they are too small. Just my two cents worth.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    No not a jerk. Let the comment and pic spurn you forward to losing even more weight. Besides muffins are for fat people.
  • khawk043
    khawk043 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No, I only read the first one. Glad you didn't say anything to her.
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have a "former friend" (she only considers me a friend when she needs something...aka help me clean my house, watch my cat I'm going on vacation, help me bathe my insane cat, etc...not a true friend right?) who is always oh I lost so much weight, and yes she has lost some weight, but (and I can't say a lot I have the whole "dunlap disease" myself) refuses to pull her pants over her gut...she pulls them up and zips then buttons/snaps them under her stomach and has the other just flop over,..it isn't attractive (we are both big women) but she is always rubbing it in how she's lost sooooooooo much weight.

As has been said they may "fit" but should you be wearing them? NO! Wear something that looks decent and fits properly. If you need to tone up do that, don't have the muffin or the dangle or the whatever you want to call it all flopping out, that isn't fitting...

Sorry for the rant...
  • 19zerbrechen63
    Options
    I wouldn't have said anything. Two jerks don't make a nice person.

This.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Umm, as long as you didn't say that to her I don't think you're a jerk. Making a comment like that is how my friends and I joke with each other so I'm not sure if you and her have a similar sense of humor as me and my friends do.

What I do find "jerk-ish" is the fact that you are taking her excitement with fitting in a smaller size than you, as something to compete with and want to knock her down for it (even if in your mind). I just don't think in that manner. If someone I care about is excited about something (anything) I share that joy. I don't focus on the details which make that victory not as accurate as she says.

But that's just me. Good job on fitting into a size 8 recently!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You guys crack me up! Yes, I love my SIL most of the time, BUT she is highly competitive. When we bought our house, a month later, they bid on something bigger. We got pregnant, a month later she was pregnant. We got a chocolate lab, two weeks later they had a black AND white one. People who know all of us actually laugh and make fun of us..We went to CA for my daughters birthday and everyone asked them if they were going for their daughter. They laughed and said no, but 3 months later...where did they celebrate? Hmmmm....

The pic was to rub it in...I would gaurantee it. And when I went to her house, I asked to see the magnificent 6s and she admitted she didnt buy them...but just HAD to send the pic.

LOL! Like I said, I do love her and consider her one of my closest friends, but Ive worked HARD to get into that 8 and she hasnt been counting calories or working out, so it wasnt like she was saying, look what Ive done with all my hard work...she just wanted to show she was still smaller than me! Guess I should take it as a compliment and RUN!
    Aah, so I finally read the full story. Disregard my previous post then. She deserves every criticism possible. LOL I can't deal with people who compete to that extent. It just shows a high level of insecurity and insecurity is something I cannot deal with regarding friendships. I understand she's family, but if it were me, personally, I'd spend a minimal amount of time with or around her.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Do we have the same sister in law,lol. I kid. No good advice for you, my response to my situation was to ignore her (after I determined scoring the sister I always wanted was not going to happen), and that backfired too. For she used the opportunity to blow up a small tiff between my brother and I into a full blown family breakup. I think she was jealous of a number of things namingly my great connection with my niece...
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    No you are not a jerk because I feel the same way and I don't consider myself a jerk :laugh: :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!