Size of clothing/ your weight?

Options

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 147 lbs and wear a size 12 petite right now. They're loose :)
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    im somewhere between 5'6 and 5'7 currently weigh 214 and in a size 16 or 17 pants and xlarge tops because well im very well endowed on top. lol
  • xx0verthestarsxx
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weigh 114. size 3 in juniors pants (no idea what in womens) and a size S-L in shirts, depending on the cut (very large bust, but small waist)
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    its really interesting to me that even though im the same height and weight as one of the girls that post earlier, that she wears like 2 pant sizes smaller than me O_o

i guess we all carry our weight differently!! (maybe she just has a big head jk lol)
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    I'm 5 ft. 6 in and 143 lbs and I wear a loose 10, maybe an 8 depending on the store. Medium tops for the length but my top half of my body is so small (extreme pear shape, LOL). That said, I'd wear a 15 in jr sizes but they are so low cut and I don't want anyone but my husband seeing my cracktastic butt ;)
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Medium build
    5'3"
    140-142 pounds
    Medium top
    8-10/Medium pant size.
  • shawnalaufer
    Options
    5'4" 169 lbs
    Currently wear a size 14/15 in pants; medium to large in tops; XL in juniors tops...dont even bother buying juniors pants anymore cuz this momma has HIPS and a BUTT! LOL!

Goal is: 120 lbs and into a size 4/5 or 6
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Often the pants that are large enough to get over my behind are huge in the waist.

Yup! Even as a super skinny high schooler I had this problem. It's certainly frustrating! The Gap's trouser pants are awesome. They seem like they are made for those with a defined butt and hips!
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    5'3" right now 149.6 and a size 6 in misses. At 140 and lifting 3 days a week I am a 4 misses, and 7-9 juniors, some brands an 11, depends how much butt room they give you.

found an interesting article about sizes:
    http://reviews.ebay.com/The-difference-in-Women-apos-s-Misses-Juniors-amp-Girls-sizes_W0QQugidZ10000000000847705
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    You might check out http://www.mybodygallery.com to see how women your height and weight compare. It's pretty handy.

You have just introduced me to my new favorite site!! I love it!

Agreed- this is a fantastic tool!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Started ou in December at 255 give or take and at the time I wore 3x tops and 24W bottoms(mostly skirts). Currently around 153 and wear size 10 pants, size 8-12 skirts and dresses and medium tops.

Went from waist measurement of 45inches and hips at 54 inches with a 42D bra and currently have a 28 inch waist, 38 inch hips and in a 36B bra. I'm 5'8" and sizes are US sizing.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft. 6 in and 143 lbs and I wear a loose 10, maybe an 8 depending on the store. Medium tops for the length but my top half of my body is so small (extreme pear shape, LOL). That said, I'd wear a 15 in jr sizes but they are so low cut and I don't want anyone but my husband seeing my cracktastic butt ;)

exactly! i try not to buy juniors but will go up to a 9 or even an 11 and belt them tight(waist is too big) just to be sure my butt crack isn't haning out. It always feels like it is in Jrs.
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    Im 5'8", weigh 148 and wear size 8
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 186 and I wear a 14 in expensive jeans and a 12 in jeans with vanity sizing. shirts I still wear a large.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    5'4", 102 lbs, I haven't bough clothes since losing 20 lbs, but I would guess I am a 2 or maybe a stretchy 0.

at 120 lbs I fit my size 4s perfectly.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Currently, I weigh 168 lbs and I just went clothes shopping this past week, bought Medium shirts and size 12 jean shorts where as when I started I was 222 lbs, size 18 pants/shorts and XL tops, but like you said, depending on who makes what I've been bouncing between Med and XLarge. And my height is 5'3"
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 125lbs. I wear a size 3/4 mostly, though in more expensive brands I wear a 1/2 and in cheaper brands I wear a 5/6. I guess making their sizes run bigger is a way for stores like Abercrombie to get people to keep shopping there and dropping $80 on a pair of jeans. I wear medium in shirts for the most part.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 8.5'' and 181 pounds, with size 12.

And medium/large shirt. :)
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    5'6.5"
    120-122lbs
    size 2
  • CoolMoonGoddess
    Options
    5'3" about 153 lbs... i am in a size 8 jeans, with either M or L top currently...

5 years ago my smallest was 114 lbs in a size 2, S top