Options
    nice job pals!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    bump
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    gonna try extra hard this week before another loooonnnngggggg weekend of distractions and goodies
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    While on my week long vacation, I didn't log into MFP, I didn't overeat, and while out to dinner, I always chose the healthier foods to eat. However, I did not keep up with my water consumption, and I gained weight not that week, but the following week. I think my weight gain was because I did not have enough water, so on my next vacation in August, I am going to make sure to keep up with drinking 8 glasses a day. I really do think that will make the difference.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great job to all and I so love the charts!!!

It's been an interesting summer to say the least!! I think my biggest challenges have been beer and baseball! I love both.

BEER - 96 cals in one bottle of Miller Lite!??! I knew I was in trouble! I had two just the other night and it didn't seem worth the calories after I added them to my daily total. I like beer and will keep drinking it, but I think I'll be more aware when I hit 3, or 5! Lol. I've steered away from my second favorite beer - Blue Moon - WAY too many calories for a tall!!

BASEBALL - Really - I tried to eat a veggie burger at the ballpark but I just felt that it didn't fit. I love ballpark nachos - I always get them no matter where we go. Luckily for me, I can incorporate that into my workouts so that I can eat them without the guilt. Unfortunatley, I have to guesstimate the calories, but fortunately, I don't eat the whole thing, thanks to my moocher boyfriend!

I guess I've come a long way. I don't want to ruin my days work with bad choices - so I plan ahead in order to have that beer or those nachos. The beer and nachos will always be there, I just have to make sure I'm ready for them!
  • chelledepriest
    Options
    Bump!
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    gonna keep bumping, so I don't lose you guys...sooner or later I will be able to bear weight on my right ankle and workout again. Just trying not to gain while grounded (from bearing weight) for almost 6 weeks : /

I hope your ankle gets better soon!!
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you, me too :)
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Im going away later this week and don't know if I will be able to get MFP very often so may not be able to get my daily dose of encouragement. lol. So this week's challenge/reflection came at a perfect time!

I am going to spend a few days with my cousin and have some girl time. Cuz lives close to a great beach and also has some great trails near her house so hopefully will be getting a lot of walking/swimming in. Being a long weekend, we will be out a lot enjoying different activities as well. As well, I knew she loves Latin dancing, and really enjoys Zumba too, so I'll be taking my DVD with me. After the weekend I will be meeting up with hubby and we will be having a few days away as well. I am making sure we plan a good variety of activites that include moving about and not just sitting by a pool with a beverage in our hand. lol

This summer so far has been a unique and wonderful experience in the weight loss area. I am very much enjoying my summer even while being mindful of what I am eating and getting exercise. I definitely have days that are much better than others but I can finally say that this has become a lifestyle for me rather than a short term fix. I no longer ever have the thought that I am destined to be fat for the rest of my life, and that feels wonderful!! :flowerforyou:
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy! Congrats everyone :)
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Omg! Omg! I can not beleive I was one of the biggest losers this week in my catorgory! That is awesome! Thank you so much Vic you are amazing for all you do! As for the challege this week I'm actually on vacation right now in Vegas heading down to the pool in a couple of minutes & even with the heat here we have been spending a lot of time outside. Yesterday we walked like the entire strip it was exhasting! Today we did the Hoover Dam which was amazing too. Anyways my fiance is out of the washroom so it's swimming time talk to you all later. Xoxo
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Vic for all that you do!

It's a good time for reflection. . .

It's been a hard summer for me weight - wise: after losing 27 pounds in from February - May, I hit the dreaded plateau for 6 weeks -- trading pounds back and forth. I may have a breakthrough this week -- we'll see if the loss holds this week. On the bright side, I am FINALLY seeing the "new me" in the mirror. I splurged on new clothes -- I had a feeling I would be at this size for a while. So I guess the plateau is just giving me a little more time to enjoy them.

I must have read your mind on spending some time outside this week. I just had my bike tuned this summer (one of my mini-goal rewards) and it was a nice night for a spin. It was only twenty minutes, and I didn't get much of a calorie burn, but it was nice to be outside anyway.

Summer reflections: It's been a little challenging, as I decided to mow my lawn myself using a push mower. (Lawn tractor still in shop!) I mow about 3/4 acre, and it takes me about 2 1/2 hours to do, so it's quite a commitment. Unforunately, I also had to give up on some of my "exercise" time. I have also started to weed the perennial gardens that the former owner planted. After about 10 bags of weeds, it's actually starting to take shape. I am starting to learn what I'm doing, and can't wait for the fall planting season. Just wish I had started this spring!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    double-post!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    While on my week long vacation, I didn't log into MFP, I didn't overeat, and while out to dinner, I always chose the healthier foods to eat. However, I did not keep up with my water consumption, and I gained weight not that week, but the following week. I think my weight gain was because I did not have enough water, so on my next vacation in August, I am going to make sure to keep up with drinking 8 glasses a day. I really do think that will make the difference.

I'm totally with you on this one! Some weeks I eat great and exercise but don't pay attention to my water intake as much as I should and I don't lose as much. And then some weeks I up my water intake and eat worse and I lose more!
  • Polish_Princess
    Options
    Challenge: The Great Outdoors!

I've been outdoors this month, getting ready for our annual summer picnic. The picnic was this past Saturday and I sent most of the day, walking around the backyard and walking out when people were leaving. I did lost of light yard work (weeding, power washing furniture, water plants, etc). It was a great time - realized I want to do more gardening.

Reflection: Summer Time

This summer, I'm going camping with my husband and some of our friends. We plan to do some hiking and canoeing(maybe). Should make for a good mini vaca.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Outside in the summer!
    Hard to do here in Phoenix, AZ, but I walk my dogs every morning and hang clothes out to dry, so I am counting those activities!

Challenges this summer
    My main challenge was dealing with siblings and my mother's ongoing care. I THINK it has leveled off, but only time will tell. I chose to join some challenges this summer (thanks Vic for all you do:heart: ) So surprised to win part of the challenge last week for my weight-loss group. Knowing the numbers are public each week has been a huge motivation for me.

Thanks to everyone on this thread! Inspiring me to do good things for myself!
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am back from part 1 of my summer holidays and leaving for part 2 of my summer holidays, so I am weighing in today. I keep gaining 2 pounds and losing it back. the result is that I am staying the same. I am having trouble traveling and losing weight, any advice from fellow travelers out there?

Current Weight (As of today): 218.0
    Challenge Goal Weight (for Sept. 1st): 207
    Weight Category: reduce....getting rid of plenty...trimming 16-20

6/9: **start of challenge** 227
    6/16: 225
    6/23: 223.7
    6/30: 220.5
    7/7: 218.0 <<<reached and passed mini goal weight of 220 >>>
    7/14: 218
    7/21: 218
    7/28: 218 ( I will have to get my butt back in gear before next week!)
    8/4: <<<mini goal weight _214__>>>
    8/11:
    8/18:
    8/25:
    9/1: <<<challenge goal weight _207__>>>
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump - yep on vacation last week. Back on track!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Beautiful chart. Amazing work! Keep it up, everyone. :)
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I was so embarrased :blushing: with the upswing in my weight that I didn't weigh in at all last week. Today I felt I'd better bite the bullet in public and get back on the horse and at least post my current weight - 170 - I've gained 6.4 :noway: pounds during two weeks of vacation - wiping out almost 2 months of progress. :ohwell:
    I got so tired of watching every single thing I put in my mouth that I took a break - had the BBQ, fried chicken gizzards smothered in gravy, beer, wine coolers :drinker: and it was so hot I got in very little exercise.
    Enough moaning. The vacation is over - and so is the pity party.:wink: