Lean By Labor Day Challenge (*CLOSED GROUP*)

Options

Replies

• becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Here is Saturday and Sunday's points, it looks like I missed posting yesterday. Sorry!

Saturday's Points
    seep-1
    Exercise -6
    Water-1
    Food-1

Total - 9

Sunday's Points
    seep-1
    Exercise -6
    Water-1
    Food-1

Total - 9

Weekly Total: 42
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys had an awesome week! I am going to have to step my points up!

My paper is at home, but if I remember right, I *think* I have 30 points for the week.

I am down 5 pounds for the week which is so so exciting (this is my first week of really being "back" to it after a LONG time, so I'm sure much is water weight) - but still - 202.2 is so close to breaking back into one-derland!!

I got the extra 50 exercises in for Friday, Saturday & Sunday with 50 squats, 50 crunches & 50 Straight Leg Raises (per leg).

*REMINDER TO POST YOUR WEIGHT & POINTS OR MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR TOTALS*

This week's challenge - Plan out your workouts for the week - mark them in your calendar - share them here if you'd like us to hold you accountable!

QUESTION OF THE DAY - What is the WHY behind your weight loss/fitness journey? (as in, why do you want to be more fit/lose weight?)

Make great choices today! We're the only ones who can control our success! :0)
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Stepped on the scale this morning and my weight is 167.2, which is the same as it was on Friday. So I didn't gain anything over the weekend, but initially gained .6lb from my starting weight! But it's all gravy (hmm....maybe I shouldn't have said gravy, now I'm thinking about smothered pork chops with garlic mashed potatoes, and........okay, okay, I digress! :laugh:

Now, where was I???? Oh yeah, weigh in! Yeah, I'm up .6lbls from my starting weight, but it's all gravy (nope, not going there again)! :laugh: It's all good! I know that this week will be a better week for me!

I did the weekend challenge, by doing 50 crunches on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I think that will be my goal for this week; to complete 50 crunches each morning before I leave for work! Last week, I did 100 squats each day! I didn't want to stop the squats, so this morning I did 50 squats and 50 crunches! Maybe I can do both! Let's see how that goes! I'll keep you guys informed. Hope everyone have a wonderful week! :happy:

Starting Weight: 166.6
    July 25th Weigh In: 167.2 (+.6lb)
    August 8th Weigh In:
    August 15th Weigh In:
    August 22nd Weigh In:
    August 29th Weigh In:
    September 5th Weigh In:

Sunday's Points -
    Sleep: 0 point
    Water - 1 point
    Exercise - 1 point
    Food - 1 point

By the way, do we have a new challenge? I may have missed it in the thread!
  • PhiliciousCurves
    Options
    good morning all...had a great week, point totals for the week were 46 pretty good....but my weigh in was fatal gained a pound....180.5..... a had a rest day yesterday and had 2 cupcakes (homemade i reduced the fat as much as possible)so a little discouraged....but its a new week ....lets go!!!!!!have a great week to all:happy: :happy:

I also gained this week, but it is what it is! I'm not dwelling on it too much! You shouldn't either! After all the gourmet flavored jellybeans I ate this weekend, I'm happy it was only one pound that I gained! Like you said, it's a new day and the start of a new week, so let's go and make it do what it do!

:happy:
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I'ts sad to say i haven't had much time to continually check the board for motivation. I started off the week strong and motivated and fell off on my exercise thur -sat. Lucky for me i made some decent choices yesterday and walked and swimmed my happy butt off at six flags.

SW - 303
    CW - 302

Total Week 1 Points - 44

QUESTION OF THE DAY - I strive to be more fit so I can enjoy more activities with my loved ones and start a family of my own one day. I need to be more fit so that i don't continue to harm my body, and to pro long the life of my kidneys as long as possible. ( I have PKD)

*** My goal this week is to get up and work out before work at least twice. I have it scheduled as tue and thur. ***
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My weigh in this morning put me in at 170.3 pounds, which is -1.1 pounds from last week. I'll take it, even if .6 of it is water weight gained. lol

SW: 171.4
    CW: 170.3

Points last week: 34

Pre-plan challenge:
    Monday: 30 Day Shred, L1D10; 15 minute run
    Tuesday: 30 Day Shred, L2D1
    Wednesday: 30 Day Shred, L2D2; 15 minute run
    Thursday: 30 Day Shred, L2D3; 30 minute swim (if weather permits)
    Friday: 30 Day Shred, L2D4; 15 minute run
    Saturday: 30 Day Shred, L2D5
    Sunday: 30 Day Shred, L2D6; 15-30 minute run

QOTD: Why? My Grandmother (Dad's mother) passed away when I was only 6 years old at the age of 50 from massive cardiac arrest. She was the first woman in the state of Michigan to receive double bypass surgery 2 years before I was born. Her mother (my Great-grandmother) passed away at the age of 45 from a massive cardiac arrest. My Dad had his first heart attack at the age of 35, though he is now 56 he still has a lot of heart problems. I've always watched what I ate, always tried to exercise to keep my heart in good shape. I get physicals every year, and my test results aren't terrible, but certain numbers concerned me this year (there's a protein count that wasn't optimal and it should be for my family history). My doctor suggested dropping the extra 20 pounds I've put on in the past 3 years and really eating well. At that appointment, my mind set really changed from living to eat to eating to live. Not only do I want to lose the 20 pounds, but I want to look better than I have ever looked in my life. I want to put in the hard work to have the outcome I deserve (that I know I can't get without the hard work). I want to be there for my kids and my grandkids and my grandkid's kids as well. I want to beat the odds on my Dad's side of the family and live to the ripe old age of 95! :)
  • PhiliciousCurves
    Options
    CHALLENGE - Plan out your workouts for the week - mark them in your calendar - share them here if you'd like us to hold you accountable!

I like this challenge! I'm hoping to get some good ideas from everyone else, because I'm not very good at planning my workouts! I just go with the flow of things! I do plan my meals, and I'm very good at that, but when it comes to working out, I just do what I'm in the mood to do. I may workout with the Xbox Kinect, hop on the elliptical for a 30 minutes or so, do a 45 to 60 minute walk/jog, or pop in a DVD (Zumba, Kettlebell, Hip-Hop Abs)!

I use to workout with a group 3 to 4 days a week, but my schedule at work changed for the summer and I haven't been going to the group, so I started doing a variety of things at home until my schedule re-adjusts and I'm able to start with the group again.

QUESTION OF THE DAY - What is the WHY behind your weight loss/fitness journey? (as in, why do you want to be more fit/lose weight?)

My main reason is to be healthy! I don't have any medical issues that require me to lose weight, (Thank God) and I’m not looking forward to having any!!
    My goal is to be fit, look great in my clothes, feel comfortable in a 2-piece swimsuit, and feel good about my body and feel good with and in my body! I hope I don’t sound too self-centered, but I’ve come a long way from being 203lbs in January of last year to the weight that I am today. Of course my journey has not come to an end and I have quite a bit to go, but I’m doing it and plan to keep doing it until I’ve reached my goal!

I forgot to include my weekly points for Week 1, which is 36.5 points
  • rpearce519
    rpearce519 Posts: 72
    Options
    Good morning! hope everyone is having a good monday!

SW - 131
    CW - 130

Total weekly points: 29

WHY you ask:) Just to be healthy, set a good example for my kids and be around when they have kids! on top of the, diabetes runs in my family, I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with my daughter, which that alone raises my risk of being diabetic later in life by almost half....so I'm just being proactive now!!!
  • indigoangel86
    Options
    Weigh in:

July 18th - 256.6
    July 25th - 254.6

I lost 2 lbs! And that's with an injured foot and with not eating as healthy. Wed. is pay day so I'll be back on my fruits and veggies and healthy eating then...I can't wait. I've missed eating healthy sooo much.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: I have spent the first 24 years of my life overweight and I don't want to spend the next 24 that way. My family has sooo many health problems and I don't want to inherit them so I'm doing everything I can to be/stay healthy. The most important reason though for me is I want to be able to go out or look in a mirror and like what I see/how I feel.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE - Plan out your workouts for the week
    I want to get up and workout early in the mornings this week. my plan is wednesday, and friday. I want to do more swimming (laps, water aerobics) on tuedsay and thursday. I think Sunday I'll try Zumba again. Saturday- possible swimming again but most likely I'll let that be my off day.

My husband and I have been trying for a child since December of last year with no luck. my husband is healthy as a horse which leads me to believe that its me that might be standing in the way of this. So in hopes of being healthier and losing a lot of weight to increase my chances of getting pregnant. Not to mention, I am really overweight and for a healthier self and pregnancy its important for me to drop a lot of weight. Plus I am darn tired of the big clothes and being overweight while my husband is actually underweight (he works outside all day everyday manual labor- he weighs btw 140-150 and is 6' feet tall- we look ridiculous together!)

07/18-07/24 MON TUE WED THUR FRI SAT SUN Total
    Sleep (7-9 hours) - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 7
    Food Diary Complete - 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 7
    Water- 8 glasses - 1 1 0 0 1 1 5
    Excercise- 5.5 4.5 2 2 0 0 0 14
    Weekly Total: 33

What can I say- I have to sleep at least 7 hours to function! I need to not taper off my excerice and get better with water!

WEEKLY WEIGHT LOSS- This week I lost 3 pounds since the initial weigh in!
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Sunday points
    sleep 1
    water 1
    exercise 0
    diary 1

total 3

WEEKLY total 52

I forgot to weigh this morning when I woke up, and I drink SO much water during the day, it is NEVER accurate during the day. I will weigh first thing in the morning.

Exercise plan for the week

Monday- 45 mins water aerobics and 60 mins zumba (5 points)
    Tues- 45 mins water aerobics/30 mins mowing lawn with push mower/ 40 mins zumba (6 points)
    Wed-45 mins water aerobics/ 60 mins zumba (5 points)
    Thurs-45 mins water aerobics (2 points)
    Friday- 60 mins water aerobics/ 30 mins bike ride (4.5 points)
    Sat-rest (0 points)
    Sunday- 60 mins zumba/ ?? (3 points)

weekly goal: get all points for water, sleep, and diary, and stick to above exercise plan =46.5 points

Question of the day- To become healthy.
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Saturday points
    food-1
    water-1
    sleep-0
    exercise-10
    total= 12

sunday pts
    food-1
    water-1
    sleep-1
    exercise-0
    total=3

weekly total
    50pts
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    MONDAYS POINTS:

exercise 2
    sleep 1
    water 1
    log 1
    total 5

QOTD: to be healthly and age well....
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Options
    My why is mainly to just feel better about myself. When I was thinner ( by no means was I thin) I had more confidence enjoyed going out and interacting with people, now I'm self conscious and reluctant. I am single and very successful in my career and would like to start success in my personal life. So creating a better healthier me will allow me to enter a new path in life. And I'm looking forward to it!
  • indigoangel86
    Options
    Monday points:

Water - 1
    Food - 1
    Exercise - 2
    Sleep - 1

Total - 5
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    Plan-ahead challenge:

Monday - Powerwalk (noon) L1 30 day shred + xtra to 30 min (after work)
    Tuesday - 7:15AM - shred as above ~2PM - Elliptical+TM (30min each)
    Wednesday - 6:15AM - shred as above, noon - powerwalk
    Thursday - 7:15AM - shred, PM elliptical/TM
    Friday - 6AM 1 hour workout (walk/jog interval) (if bad weather, JM BFBM DVD)
    Saturday - MUCH dancing & boogy-ing down at my cousin's wedding

WHY?
    Most of my clothes don't fit & I refuse to buy a new wardrobe.
    Now that I'm 37, health actually comes before wanting to be a hot mama, but...
    I am tired of feeling like "frumpy mama" - I want to feel & look like "hot mama"!!
    I would like to be able to jog a mile without stopping, and then progress to jogging a whole 5K!
    Be a good example to my kids
    More energy, more confidence... I feel like the extra weight is wearing all my flaws for the world to see...
    I could go on & on - this is VERY important to me :)

Week 1 Summary - 5#'s lost, 30 points achieved.
  • AmyByExample
    Options
    Katy - don't worry about keeping up with the thread - some days you will have time to read each post - other days, just check in & let us know how you're doing :)

Kelly - Wow, those 12 hour shifts must be challenging. Great for you choosing work over a day on the couch!

Melissa - great work completing the weekend challenge. Great workout plan, love your "why"!

Jenrod - loved your "why" - great preplanning!

1girl4boys - congrats on your loss! Good packing for your vacation.

Katherine - I agree, week 1 flew by!

Renee - congrats on the loss!! Hope you enjoy the smokey mountains, sounds like fun!

Top - Wow! You are busy! Hope you can find some time for you in there :)

Pam - way to keep the + attitude!

Phyllis - your post had me laughing with all the gravy talk! Great work on keeping up with squats & crunches - I may have to add some myself! Can totally identify with your "why"

Robin - my sister had gest. diabetes with her pregnancy, and now that she is preggo with twins, it's back with a vengence. Good for you for being so proactive!

Indigo - YAY! Congrats on the weight loss! great "why"!

Brittany - love your workout plan. Way to go dropping 3#'s! You are setting a great pace!

Ashely - love how you mapped out your exercise plan for the week with points! Great & to the point "why". :)
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Not only did I meet my exercise goal for today, I surpassed it. I finished level 1 of the shred AND I ran for 23 minutes and walked for another 11. It was great!

Last week's points: 34

Monday's points:
    Exercise: 3
    Sleep: 1
    Water: 1
    Log: 1

Total points: 6
    Total points this week: 6
    Total points overall: 40
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in today at 137.0. 2 lbs down from last week.
    I earned 41.5 points last week.

My plan for the week:
    Monday: walking 65 minutes at 5 mph
    Tuesday: jogging 65 minutes at 6 mph 15 minutes strength
    Wednesday: walk 65 minutes at 5 mph
    Thursday: jogging 65 minutes at 6 mph 15 minutes strength
    Friday: walking 65 minutes at 5 mph
    Saturday: I'm picking up my daughter so I don't know what I can fit in
    Sunday: jogging 65 minutes at 6 mph 20 minutes strength

Suggestion for challenges: weekly goal if calories burned or daily goal of water or daily lunges, jumping jacks, Squats, situps
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Food-1
    Exercise-4.5
    Sleep-0
    Water-1
    Total=6.5

Total to date this week-6.5

Total for week one=40.5 :bigsmile
    Loss for week one= 3.6

I am kind of up in the air as to what I will be doing for excerise this week. I think tomorrow will be my rest day as DH and I will probably take in a movie (cheap tuesdays here!). Wednesday for sure will be taekwondo, thurs/fri/sat I will be working out at home..probably taebo or Jackie Warner extreme training.