Why don't fit semi buff guys like big girls?

Options
angelicdisgrace
angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
I mean there are some of us girls who are just a little on the healthy heavy side and can't help it genetics. I work out and I'm probably more fit than some skinny girls so why wouldn't someone like me have a chance? ( not that I'm *****in cause happily married but it happened to a very close friend and I almost said something. ) Someone help me understand cause I don't get it. :huh:

Replies

• Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    Options
    to those that are bigger I don't understand I personally think a buff guy should like someone even if there a little bigger , curvy looks good , little stick skinny girls look very nasy and unattractive in my opinion
  • lugovelb
    lugovelb Posts: 60
    Options
    I cant say for the semi buff guys however in my case is more about her state of mind that anything. For me if a woman have a healthy state of mind (feel good about herself, fell sexy and have a good personality) is very important. I think that maybe you are genrelizing a bit.
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    Hun, I think you are being a little to general. My last 3 relationships have been a big, husky football player, a ripped, perfect bod wrestler, and skinny string bean dude. I've always been on the thicker side... Everyone has their preferences I guess :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think that's a generalization. My husband was buff and thin when we met, 5' 9" and probably 160, lifting heavy, taking creatine, etc, wore (and still does) size 30 pants. I was 5'8.75" and probably 170 and a size 12/14. Most of the men I dated before him were also pretty fit.

I think it's just shallow men that can't see past a few extra pounds, and maybe shallow men tend to be buff.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    http://i54.tinypic.com/iwivbn.jpg

Check the link. I like body types 12, 13, and 11. Mostly 12.

But any bigger than that and it feels like no matter what your genetics, if you don't care about yourself enough to have the self discipline to stay somewhat in shape, why should we care?

Body size/type is only part of it too. Gotta have the personality to match it.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    size doesn't really matter when it comes to love. its a matter of feelings on being in love. perhaps even if your friend is skinny still that guy may or may not like her. i myself was obese when i met my lean boyfriend and we clicked. sorry to say but maybe your friend is not exactly what that guy is looking for.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    There probably are those that do. Everyone has their own tastes in what they find attractive. But if a guy is buff and works that much for his appearance, then he probably wants a girl that looks like she works hard for hers too and therefore probably has a similar and compatible lifestyle.
  • Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    Options
    oh wow that was definetly an ego boost , I'm a size 9 and here I was thinking im fat =)
  • angelicdisgrace
    Options
    Yeah I suppose. It happened to a friend of mine. I think the guy was just being a jerk. He led her on asked for her number and when she was going to give it to him he said honey really I was just joking. She just laughed it off but I know better.
  • Avalonis
    Options
    There probably are those that do. Everyone has their own tastes in what they find attractive. But if a guy is buff and works that much for his appearance, then he probably wants a girl that looks like she works hard for hers too and therefore probably has a similar and compatible lifestyle.

This is a huge part of it. For sure.
  • Avalonis
    Options
    Yeah I suppose. It happened to a friend of mine. I think the guy was just being a jerk. He led her on asked for her number and when she was going to give it to him he said honey really I was just joking. She just laughed it off but I know better.

He was just being a F****** prick.

Hes the kind of guy I used to like to beat the hell out of, back when I was wild.

That and those dooshes in the skinny jeans and canvas shoes, with the emo hair and dangling earrings.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    My theory is they have a small penis. :| seriously they are trying to compensated by working out and the small the girl the bigger their junk seem. This also works with guys that have expensive sports cars.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options

What an *kitten* that guy was. I am 6' tall and even at my thinnest I am big because I have a large frame. Big, but hot and look good with great confidence and a good outlook on life. I find that the tall guys (hot or not) are only ever attracted to the short girls. Eh, whatevz.... in the end that person loses out because I am awesome!

I think the same goes for your friend. That guy didn't deserve her... so it's good he didn't get her number. She is worth so much more than that, fat or skinny.... She should be thankful....
  • Rae6503
    Options

So the question is then, "Why are jerks, jerks?" I'm going to say because they have small peni :wink:. Okay, maybe not, but they probably do suck in bed. *kitten* generally do.
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just think its all on the the person, has nothing to do with buffness. The guys I know love big women, one of my friends says it like this " if they not big I don't want them" lol...there's nothing wrong with a few extra pounds, but just letting yourself go, is a different story. Hell alot of women don't want buff guys. When I ask what type of guy would a women want, the number answer is a guy that tone/ripped...no buffness! Its always somebody for someone, you just have to ask God to show him to you, but until then take care iof your body!
  • Avalonis
    Options
    My theory is they have a small penis. :| seriously they are trying to compensated by working out and the small the girl the bigger their junk seem. This also works with guys that have expensive sports cars.

Uh, thanks. I have a nice sports car. And I'm pretty buff(ish).

And I am not even close to small. Why the hell do girls always say *kitten* like that when they feel slighted?
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My husband is slender but he's a rock climber so he's in great shape. He started dating me when I was around 230lbs. Some guys are just jerks.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    oh wow that was definetly an ego boost , I'm a size 9 and here I was thinking im fat =)

Yeah, I'm a size 10 and I think I'm pretty good. A size 9 is NOT fat.
  • angelicdisgrace
    Options

What an *kitten* that guy was. I am 6' tall and even at my thinnest I am big because I have a large frame. Big, but hot and look good with great confidence and a good outlook on life. I find that the tall guys (hot or not) are only ever attracted to the short girls. Eh, whatevz.... in the end that person loses out because I am awesome!

I think the same goes for your friend. That guy didn't deserve her... so it's good he didn't get her number. She is worth so much more than that, fat or skinny.... She should be thankful....

You're right. She's an amazing person. Just that guy irked me. He wasn't even a close friend, I think he came to crash it with another friend we didn't invite.
  • Avalonis
    Options

Yeah, I'm a size 10 and I think I'm pretty good. A size 9 is NOT fat.

Too skinny for my voluptuous taste ;)