What's Your Dream Job?

Options

Replies

• elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Oh, I just thought of another one. I'd love to be a UN interpreter. Oh how absolutely freaking cool that would be. Hella hard to get in there without a connection or some miracle.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a Game Developer. If only I had a bit more experience in graphics programming I could actually look into being one
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Man I love this thread. This is my type of conversation. Maybe I should be a life coach or something. A motivator of getting people to chase their dreams, to do what they love to do. There would be a lot more happy people in this world. And especially on the train in the morning, where we're all stuffed in like sardines and cranky as hell.
    I'd love to be a Game Developer. If only I had a bit more experience in graphics programming I could actually look into being one

That's sort of what's stopping me from going into language programming, lack of experience and knowledge in, well, programming in general. I don't know my way around any form of advanced technology at all. Just curious though, if you have some experience is this something you could do on the side to get some more practice with it?
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

That's sort of what's stopping me from going into language programming, lack of experience and knowledge in, well, programming in general. I don't know my way around any form of advanced technology at all. Just curious though, if you have some experience is this something you could do on the side to get some more practice with it?

I'm already a Software Developer, just never delved too deep into the graphical stuff. It's a whole different realm and a lot more challenging in some regards depending on what you're doing exactly. Lots of physics, and mathematics involved too. And yea I suppose I could fart around with side projects, build a portfolio of crap I made on my own free time, participate in Open Source projects, etc., might be enough to get my foot in the door somewhere.
  • Humphrizzle
    Humphrizzle Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    video game tester like from grandma's boy.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I want to be a counselor for a rehab facility. I like to fix addictions patients.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    A college professor probably at a the community college level.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Artist.

I like what I do now. But I'd like to be able to survive off my art.
  • laureneva15
    laureneva15 Posts: 280
    Options
    Medical examiner... the person that does the autospies :D
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :heart: this thread!!

I'm actually working towards changing to my dream career - I currently work in IT as a data analyst. But I'm working towards going back to Uni and studying to become a Paramedic.

If it was really achievable, I'd aim for studying Medicine and becoming a doctor, but the feedback I've had so far from various forums and enquiries I've made are that in the UK, my chances of studying Medicine (as a 1st degree and a mature student) are slim to none.

But, Paramedic IS achievable and something I really do want to do!!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Radio DJ! I did it in college - loved it.. hosted my own 2 hour music show every week. If I could do that everyday and get paid, I'd be set :) I'm not very good haha but I have a good "radio voice" and would love to be a voice actress as well!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Author and illustrator for children's books...... too risky to really do it and be able to support myself :ohwell:

But I'm not giving up on it. It's just not going to be the only thing that I do :happy:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I want to build Legos all day and get paid for it.

Those guys that design the Lego sets are the luckiest people alive. :flowerforyou:
  • rahall14
    rahall14 Posts: 10
    Options
    Living the dream, kinda. One year of vet school down, three to go! When I graduate I want to work with either food animals (cows, pigs, sheep, goats) and/or horses. Medicine+animals+outdoors=winning!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Playboy photographer
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I would love to work for St Jude's Children's Hospital planning "dream days" for the children and their families. Kind of like the Make A Wish thing.
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am soooo loving this thread! I love reading everyone's dream jobs! You guys ROCK!!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Animal rescue, and wildlife conservation :)
  • Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Billion Euro Lotto winner (as previously posted) would be perfect.

But would love to work with horses. Any animal really - but horses most of all... Not necessarially riding them - just handling them, getting to know them and their quirks and making their lives as good as possible!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I would either read books for a living and critic them...or I'd be a travel journalist, writing about the food and entertainment of places I get to travel...first stop would be the Biyaman buddhas after the taliban destroyed them. but it's still in a state of unrest and I don't want to get blown up on my first asssignment lol I would also own a bookstore if the internet didn't destroy that market, or a tea shop where you can get reiki done, palms read, crystal therapy, tea leaves read, etc.