Need ideas for HONEYMOON destination??

Options
13»

Replies

• KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We went to Victoria and Vancouver, Brittish Columbia (Canada). It was gorgeous...the coast, the mountains, the weather (mid-July the weather was PERFECT). It was really great! I didn't want to go to a tropical location, because I had spent the previous two years in Thailand, so Canada was perfect for us.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    We did a 14 day cruise through the Panama Canal, it was AMAZING. We are planning on renewing our vows in a few years in Paris and splitting 3 weeks between France and Spain, (maybe some Italy too...)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    We went.. Oh wait, no where.
  • beeker75
    beeker75 Posts: 109
    Options
    Wow, that sounds great! LOL never been to those places, but what a great way to start your marriage, with a compromise! :wink:
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    We went to Sandals Negril, Jamaica for a week. I didn't want to leave. There are excursions you can do. We went to the world famous, Ric's Cafe - went cliff diving. As an all-inclusive, you don't have to worry about money the entire time you are there. Food, alcohol & entertainment are all included... you could literally order a drink and dump it on the ground then order another- just because you can! Every night they have different types of entertainment - bands, beach party, talent show, Jamaica night... Canoeing, scuba diving -if you're certified (if not, they offer PADI certifiication!), Hobie Cats, kayaking, snorkeling, aqua trike, pedal boats, golf, tennis, volleyball, ping pong, pool... all included. You will NEVER have a dull moment. They actually have people on staff to keep you entertained. They have a spa at each resort as well as a 5 star restaurant. You can have a candlelit dinner in a gazebo by the ocean with your own personal butler. It's amazing - can't say enough god about it.

I miss it. We are going back for our 2nd anniversary!!

If you would like to find out more, visit: www.sandals.com

Yes, my wife and I got married at Couples Swept Away in Negril. It was awesome. All inclusive, great food. I think they had 4-5 places to eat on site. Lots of entertainment including music, catamaran rides to the falls,scuba,...ect. We went on a Golfing trip.

They deliver drinks to you while you lay on the beach and give you these little iced towels with the nice scent to cool off with.

It was really great and not very expensive either.
  • beeker75
    Options
    If that's really what he wants then comprimise - allow him 1 week of the tour as long as you get one week in a chic hotel in Paris and one week at the beach in St Tropez :happy:
    This sounds GREAT! I hve never been to any of those places, but what an AWESOME way to start out your marriage, by practicing Compromise! :wink:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I just went to the islands of Utila and Roatan in Honduras a few weeks ago on my honeymoon. I LOVED IT.

If budget isn't an issue, then I would suggest Roatan. It is beautiful and the snorkeling is amazing. We did a scuba certification course on Utila and that was our preference of islands - just because it was way more laid back, but decidedly less posh.
  • aml1631
    aml1631 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fiji, Bora Bora.... I am going on my honeymoon to Costa Rica next month because we don't have anough time for the farther places...
  • itisjessdarling
    itisjessdarling Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My husband and I chose to go to Belize the island of Ambergris Caye. It was really fun! We took a boat to the mainland and went cave tubing and sightseeing the Mayan ruins. :) Another place I would LOVE to go is the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. I have heard so much about it and it looks amazing!
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My husband and I chose to go to Belize the island of Ambergris Caye. It was really fun! We took a boat to the mainland and went cave tubing and sightseeing the Mayan ruins. :) Another place I would LOVE to go is the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. I have heard so much about it and it looks amazing!

Looks awesome... and a bit out of our budget!! Lol :happy:
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    My sister went to Anguilla, my brother took his wife to Antigua and then St. Lucia and a really good friend of mine just went to Greece for her honeymoon. As far as I know they all loved their honeymoons. You could try one of those :-)
  • beeker75
    Options
    We did the Dominican Republic. It was sooo HOT/Humid, but totally beautiful. The beaches were great, and we did a fun little tour on 4-wheelers. Got to see all kinds of countryside. I love Cozumel too, but he has never been there. Sounds like you guys are quite the travellers! It's funny, cause all the things here in the USA I wanna see my husband has, and all the states he wants to see I have! lol I had visited 39 by the time I was 11 years old! My favorites are Maine and Arizona. Mount Rushmore was super cool too. The thing aobut Honeymoons is you have to decide what kind you want. Adventurous, Relaxing, Busy, Slow.....maybe consult with a few travel agents, just to get other ideas! It is their job to find unique and fun ideas, even for the well-versed travellor! :)
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to go to Greece when I get married. Ohhh so pretty!