Weapons of Mass Reduction : Team August Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1

This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

Any questions you let me know! Lets really win this big. You could win prizes!
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I CAN'T WAIT TO BRING IT!!!!!!!!!

You rock!
  • Gary6030
    Options
    any questions or does it make sense?
  • kdoak87
    kdoak87 Posts: 27
    Options
    So pumped!!! Lets do this. The only thing I might have trouble with are the push-ups so are one the knee ones fine if I can work my way up to regular push ups?
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    By up and downs, do you mean fall down, push up, hop up, repeat?
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you guys aren't taking any new team members, right? Or are you (that would be amazing!).
    And good luck to you guys! :)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    we can get a www.facebook.com/weaponsofmassreduction if we get enough likes can't we. My wife did one for our church that way.

Yes if we get 25 likes. I have a few.
  • ydeemar
    ydeemar Posts: 44
    Options
    bump!

i know im late to join any team, but if you're posting all the challenges in this thread i'd like to try it out.. Thanks!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hey how come no one is joining the facebook group. So far only two women asked to join and my wife is a little curious
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    All good, and do we post here when we've done each daily challenge? Or let our captain know?
  • brotherjeem
    brotherjeem Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is is too late to join????
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    :)
  • Gary6030
    Options
    I knew that one would need clarification.

UPS and DOWNS

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

The very first part of this exercise is the up and downs. They may be modified by simply starting on all 4's and then standing up quickly and returning to this position to all 4's. This is a cardio exercise! Don't be freaked out but all he is doing just do the first part and modify if needed.
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    THat's like the 4th variation I've seen on "Up/Downs" In football practice it used to be going all the way down and then pushing up/hopping up at the end. This way looks a bit easier which is fine with me! :p
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    double post...
  • Gary6030
    Options
    Mini Challenge!

Send me at my email gary6039@gmail.com a full body pose of YOU! I will keep these pics and then at the end of the challenge you can send me a full body pose and we will do a before and after competition with a prize for the winner!

What do you think. All photos will remain private until you provide me permission to release them!
  • AJDistel
    AJDistel Posts: 93
    Options
    When are we to report to you what we have done? Should we do it on this forum or message them to you?
  • Gary6030
    Options
    For me its easier if you all email me through MFP. Its easier for me to track. Each day let me know if you hit the goals. I'll track them and away we'll go! Oh Yeah....I'm headed to facebook now. Sorry I forgot! Doh!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK 1

This is the week one team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – Walk, Run or Jog 1 Mile (extra)
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches*
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 40 UP and Downs *
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 25 Pushups *
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 25 Squat Lunges*
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

If you are uncertain on how to do an exercise get with your captains as they will have a weblink to each
    exercise.

Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over
    their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days
    your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

Any questions you let me know! Lets really win this big. You could win prizes!

Sounds good!
  • Gary6030
    Options
    If you haven't sent me your current weight please do so. We are working on a honor system so if you didn't do something don't let the results of letting the team down force you into lying. Its not worth it to yourself. We wont' beat you........... too bad. WMR Teammates please send me your weight via the MFP Email (Message) system. Easier for me to track. Also please email me each day if you did all the challenges. Next sunday we'll do our first weigh in.