Ripped in 30 w/ Jillian M. Who's in?!?!

Options
Hi everyone, My name is Markie and I recently finished the 30DS. I loved it. While doing the shred I joined an amazing group of ladies also doing the shred. It kept me motivated and held me accountable. So now I am starting this thread. For all of you beginning Ri30, or interested in doing it, come here for support, motivation and support!!! Just visit the thread everyday to share how your workout went and at the end of each level(week) completed you can post your measurments too!!! I found this to be very helpful with the shred so I hope it helps all of you too!!! Feel free to add me as well. Lets DO THIS!!!!

Today I finished W1D2!!!! I was VERY sore this a,m. Therefore I know I am doing this right. I love how all the workouts flow. And just when you are ready to quit, its over and you're cooling down!!! Can't wait to see what the next few weeks have in store for me!!!

Replies

• kel834
    kel834 Posts: 23
    Options
    just started Monday, i'm in
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    AWESOME! I saw a post about it but it was people who had already started. I started yesterday and would love motivation from people who are working on it, too!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I've already completed it once..and lost 12 lbs. I just wanted to say Good Luck ladies! and offer any support anyone may need. Currently I am doing P90x (day 9!), otherwise I would definitely be jumping in for another round with Jillian.
  • jessjogger
    Options
    where do you find the program? I'll be in!!
  • dirtyblue
    dirtyblue Posts: 90
    Options
    Just started yesterday! So glad you started a new group because the other group had already started a couple weeks ago.

I had just completed Chalean Extreme with a lot of success, so I was extremely surprised how Ri30 kicked my butt last night! I was dripping with sweat and am definetly feeling it today!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Im so in!

:) I finished day 4 this morning of week 1 and my hamstrings just burn...
    I've gained weight in water retention in my muscles but that should all be gone about halfway through the month.
    the crazy side lunges from 30DS are back..ouch.

I can do regular pushups though for half the time :) yay!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am so pumped that so many of you are in this with me!!!! I also started Tuesday!

Jessjogger- You can find it pretty much anywhere. I got mine at walmart for $10! Its an amazing program!!!

This is gonna be a great round! Im so stoked!!! We are gonna rock Ripped in 30!!!!
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a RI30, Insanity, and 6W6P hybrid, that I started monday, but I would love the support to get through it!
  • bullriderswife08
    Options
    LauraJo- Well you've come to the right place!!! You will find lots of support here. I will check in here at the very least once a day!!!
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also just started doing RI30! I started on Sunday with Week 1 and didn't think it was too bad, so skipped to week 2 on Monday and really regretted it! There is a reason you work up to it--it was definitely harder! I thought I was in reasonable shape from running, but this definitely helped work muscles I haven't felt in a while. So, I skipped yesterday (Tues) because I was so sore and went back to week 1 today, and used my heavier weights. I think I'll count it as W1D3 and just continue from here.
  • ts014
    ts014 Posts: 34
    Options
    I was thinking about starting ripped this week because I just found it at the library today! Are any of you doing the meal plan as well or just eating healthy?
  • elysetoplin
    elysetoplin Posts: 253
    Options
    i just bought ripped in 30 and i'm planning to start in the next few days!
  • plain_jane
    Options
    I was thinking about starting ripped this week because I just found it at the library today! Are any of you doing the meal plan as well or just eating healthy?

I looked at her meal plan and it appears to be around 1400 calories per day, which is a larger deficit than I want to do, but the meals do look healthy and tasty. I'll probably just keep eating like I usually do.

I met my original goal weight this spring, and I've just been maintaining my weight this summer and not working on losing, just trying to tone up with exercise. So I'll probably keep doing that, although I may try to work in a small calorie deficit to reduce body fat % a bit more.

Are you thinking of trying to follow her meal plan? She is definitely right that you'll only get optimal results if you don't eat away your work, so either way we have to be sure to watch calorie intake. I don't have a HRM and I'm not sure what to log for calorie burn for each workout, I've been estimating around 200.
  • ts014
    Options
    No, I wasn't planning on following the meal plan just because I looked at it and it looks similar to how I eat now. There wasnt anything much different. Plus the 1400 calories would be more then I take in as well. Just wanted to see what everyone else was doing. :happy:
  • bullriderswife08
    Options
    I also will just eat as I usually do. You still get great results!!! Im so glad to see all of you here.

plain_jane- OUCH! I don't blame you. I would totally switch back! I took a sneek peak at week 2 today, and it doesn't look too excruciatingly hard, but I know from 30DS that the workouts do look easier than they really are!!!
  • bullriderswife08
    Options
    Also, I log my workout under circuit training, general and it gives me a burn of about 260. Some people who have hrm's have seen burns up to 350- 400. But thats all circumstantial.
  • plain_jane
    Options
    plain_jane- OUCH! I don't blame you. I would totally switch back! I took a sneek peak at week 2 today, and it doesn't look too excruciatingly hard, but I know from 30DS that the workouts do look easier than they really are!!!

It wasn't excrutiating throughout the whole thing, but definitely I needed more preparation! The plank jacks/mountain climber sessions were killer! I'm sort of both looking forward to and dreading what week 4 will feel like! But hopefully the gradual increase in intensity will help. Can't wait to see what kind of results everyone gets.
  • ts014
    Options
    I started today on week 1. I could see where you said that you thought it was easy and skipped ahead. It wasnt as tough as I thought but I will just keep going with it. Also did anyone find Jillian a little annoying? 30 day shred is an older workout so she hadn't developed her bad a** personality yet but she does here! Im just going to have to ignore it because I do love her workouts! Also I have a HRM and it said I burned exactly 400 calories. My max heart rate was in the 170's as well. 400 is pretty awesome for the amount of time! 30DS was only giving me about 250. :smile:
  • kel834
    kel834 Posts: 23
    Options
    where do you find the program? I'll be in!!

I found mine at K-mart
  • dirtyblue
    dirtyblue Posts: 90
    Options
    I started today on week 1. I could see where you said that you thought it was easy and skipped ahead. It wasnt as tough as I thought but I will just keep going with it. Also did anyone find Jillian a little annoying? 30 day shred is an older workout so she hadn't developed her bad a** personality yet but she does here! Im just going to have to ignore it because I do love her workouts! Also I have a HRM and it said I burned exactly 400 calories. My max heart rate was in the 170's as well. 400 is pretty awesome for the amount of time! 30DS was only giving me about 250. :smile:

I totally hear you about Jillian's personality, she really annoys me! She is just so dry during the whole workout, I am just coming off Chalean Exteme who at least has some spunk about her. Jillian has nothing!

I peaked my heartrate in the 170's as well and burned 350 the first day and 337 the 2nd. Not bad for 30 minutes for sure!!!