August Challenge Team 7 Drop It 'Cause We're Hot(Closed Grou

Replies

• sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Please, please, please as soon as possible get back to me with your weigh-in from Sunday/Monday and The challenges you completed for Week 1. It would be really cool to see where we placed. To those of you who have gotten back to me, Thank you!
    Thanks!

Gary6030 posted this earlier today:

The following teams scores: Weapons of Mass Reduction - YOU DID ME PROUD! 233 The Curvettes - WTG YOU LADIES ROCK! 232 Kiss my *kitten* Goodbye - UNLEASHING THE BEAST! 226 D'Terminators - YOU GUYS ARE ROCKSTARS! 224 Amazing Grace - GREAT WORK MACHINES! 223 No MO Junk in da trunk - WAY TO PUSH YOU ARE ANIMALS! 219 These are all the numbers that I have at this point. Please send me your totals today regardless if you have everyone's weight. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. I haven't heard from August this week! KEEP UP THE RAWR!

We've had a change to the leaderboard! The Curvettes have a new score of 236 WTG LADIES! You are our new leader!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    I'll post this evening - at work now.
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    water , exercise, and calorie goals met. With the additional 3 miles, I am very far under calories and plan on eating a great dinner.
    Do we know who is left in our group. It seems that it has dwindled some. I am glad that Gary decided to go by percent rather than totals.
  • sass30
    Well I think we have 12-15 active members, it's really hard to tell because not everyone posts on this thread. I have sent out a ton of messages to the original roster for people I have incomplete info on but I have not gotten any answers yet. There is a midnight deadline to get all of our stats in, so for anyone I do not hear from and have no stats on at all will be dropped. I live on the east coast so I am hoping to get some answers before midnight my time. Right now it's 7:18p.
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    100 miles Team Challenge

sass30 - 4 miles
    jadery24 - 7 miles
    themommie-5 miles
    mkaluzny - 6
    sass30 - 2
    bhurley1424 - 1
    spurradic - 4
    mkaluzny - 3 on treadmill
    sass30 - 1
    zukekitty- 1

Total 34
  • mkaluzny
    Just a quick comment, we are almost half way through the week and our hundred mile challenge is not at the half way point. What are we going to do - quit or try harder? I vote we try.
  • sass30
    water , exercise, and calorie goals met. With the additional 3 miles, I am very far under calories and plan on eating a great dinner.
    Do we know who is left in our group. It seems that it has dwindled some. I am glad that Gary decided to go by percent rather than totals.

mkaluzny: If your 3 additional miles counts towards the 100 would you please add it to the running list? Tomorrow I should be able to put in at least 3 more miles towards the 100. You are right, we need to take this to the next level!
    Come on Hotties, I know you have more miles in you!
  • mkaluzny
    My three are already on there from today. I will try for four tomorrow. Remember that on Saturday, we already have to go an extra mile that we can't count here. I will be out of town on Friday with my son. I should have an hour or two to add miles. I just make sure I bring the right shoes.

Come on team. Remember a burden shared is a burden lightened. Let's lighten the load and all pitch in.
  • bhurley1424
    Sorry ladies - I will try to add at least 2 miles tomorrow to the cause. I just don't have anything left tonight; no sleep last night and worked all day. I'll also have to make up the challenges we were supposed to do today.
  • mkaluzny
    Calling all members!! Even if you submitted your stats to spngebobmyhero for the first week, please mail them to sass30 immediately. Some of the information was lost in translation. So she needs it now. Let's pull together. Have a great night.
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    hey hey :)

i got 4 more miles in today....im still relearning how to run (knee surgery this past january so still recovering on the running front) so my heart rate is uber high when i run! the up side to that is that i burn more calories! woot woot!

i completed 3 of the daily exercise challenges - 100 jumping jacks, 40 shoulder presses, and 50 crunches (i wimped out of my p90x ab ripper x so did the crunches instead). im under calories due to the extra mileage and daily challenges combined with my regular p90x back and bicep routine and ive definitly gotten in more than enough water - 7 liters, going on 8.

good job guys! lets keep up the good work! i know we can make our 100 miles! woot woot!!!!

100 miles Team Challenge

sass30 - 4 miles
    jadery24 - 7 miles
    themommie-5 miles
    mkaluzny - 6
    sass30 - 2
    bhurley1424 - 1
    spurradic - 4
    sass30 - 1
    zukekitty- 1
    spurradic - 4

Total 38
  • sass30
    I gotta tell ya, you guys/ladies are fantabulous! I am only waiting on a few people for stats. Everyone is doing great.
    Total weight loss for week 1 for the team is 39.2 lbs, which is 16.9% of the team's total weight!
    That is awesome, pat yourselves on the back, high fives all around.
    So far our top 3 in the weight loss area are:
    1. RickyBobby - 5.6%
    2. Jadery24 - 2.8%
    3. zukekitty - 1.7%

Congrats to our top 3!
    I will post all of our successes tomorrow. You are all doing a fantastic job!
  • mkaluzny
    Does anyone know? Does 100 stair climbs just mean 100 steps? We have a 14 step staircase at home. Does this mean I only have to run up and down it 4 (14 x 2 = 28) times to complete the challenge?
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    I have the same question regarding the steps. I have 14 steps on my staircase too.

For today I completed the challenge for today and made up for missing yesterday by doing those too. Was under on calories and drank more than enough water.
  • sass30
    I will check out the stairs for you guys this morning and throw up an answer as soon as I can.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Hi everyone! So sorry about not being able to get in here to comment and encourage and motivate. We closed on a home on Friday the 5th and have been renovating non-stop, morning till night. Just back to work yesterday, and finally got all our stuff in the house late last night. This may not be the best week for me, but I just printed off the challenges and although I'm currently behind right now, I will do my best to complete them. My eating is not on target at this point as all of our food is still packed and we majorly have to go shopping. My water so far is great, that's never a probelm. Bear with me, I'm still here and I promise that next week I'll be back and totally focused.
  • mkaluzny
    100 miles Team Challenge

sass30 - 4 miles
    jadery24 - 7 miles
    themommie-5 miles
    mkaluzny - 6
    sass30 - 2
    bhurley1424 - 1
    spurradic - 4
    sass30 - 1
    zukekitty- 1
    spurradic - 4
    mkaluzny - 4

Total 42 miles (Yeah, we are almost half way there)
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Here's my recipe: MINI TURKEY LOAVES

Ingredients For Meat Loaf:
    1/2 of a small yellow onion, finely chopped
    1 medium carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
    1 stalk of celery, coarsely chopped
    1 (20-ounce) package lean ground turkey breast (93/7)
    ½ cup quick cooking oats
    2 egg whites

For Topping:
    1/4 cup sugar free ketchup
    1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute (I use Splenda Brand)

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf and mix together well.
    Place 1/3 cup of the prepared meat loaf
    mixture into 10 wells of a standard size muffin pan that has been lightly
    sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Remove
    meat loaves from oven and spoon the topping over each meat loaf. Return
    meat loaf to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 7 minutes
    or until meat loaf is firm. Let meat loaf stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 10 mini loaves.

Nutritional Information per Serving:
    Calories: 110
    Protein: 16 g
    Carbohydrates: 6 g
    Fat: 1 g
    Cholesterol: 25 mg
    Sodium: 180 mg
    Saturated Fat: 0
    Fiber: Less than 1 gram
  • bhurley1424
    100 miles Team Challenge

sass30 - 4 miles
    jadery24 - 7 miles
    themommie-5 miles
    mkaluzny - 6
    sass30 - 2
    bhurley1424 - 2
    spurradic - 4
    sass30 - 1
    zukekitty- 1
    spurradic - 4
    mkaluzny - 4

Total 43 miles

I did a mile for the team this morning - hope to do another one tonight.
  • bhurley1424
    I don't think I checked in yesterday but my calories were under and water was met. I didn't do the exercise challenges; I needed sleep more. :) But I got up early this morning and walked a mile for our challenge and then did 50 crunches, 50 jumping jacks, and 25 mountain climbers. I'll do 50 more jacks tonight, 25 more climbers and also the 21's. That should get me caugt up with the challenges unless I forgot something.
This discussion has been closed.