what was the last straw for you...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    I cant walk or run with out going losing my breathe, I dont have myself confidence...and I became a jealous, self-conscious miserable person.. I cant paint my toe nails... My step daughter came up to me and said "mommy you have really big bat wings" (the fat hanging off my arms)... When I started this I was just about 300 lbs, I want to be able to have a baby and at 28 years old and 300lbs, its not going to happen... I get dirty looks at work, I particular person at work really bothers me... I hate myself so much that i cant do things with my husband... With out feeling sick...
  • Tdavy814
    Tdavy814 Posts: 28
    Options
    I have clothes in the closet that I cant wear, I have to go to the plus size and can never find anything cute, all large grandma clothes...
    I want to be able to move to the regular size clothes not plus size
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I was sad and destructive in my relationship (thank god he stuck with me, married 3 months now). The largest size in the plus size store was getting tight. Doing simple things like walking to the store, trying my shoes, going up a flight of stairs depressed me because they were hard. My boyfriend/hubby always walking ahead of me because I was too slow. Avoiding getting on crowded busses because I was too self-conscious.

These all built up until on January 2nd 2010 I totally broke down, joined the gym and got a PT. I've never looked back.
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    My fiance proposed to me last month and I realized that I've been living a selfish life for myself and if I was going to be spending my life with someone for the rest of my life then I should be making sure my life is the healthiest it can be. Plus, there's a few diseases that run in my family. And I'm just getting REALLY sick and tired of shopping in the plus size sections when my sister shops at the nice stores and the clothes there are really nice, where mine are nice, but they could be better... it's just time.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    When I stepped on the scale and saw I weighed 252 pounds. It dawned on me I was now closer to weighing 300 pounds than 200... and that scared me! And I'm so glad it did! :smile:
  • Jaradel
    Jaradel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    This time around... it was when the skirts I'd bought last fall were too tight this spring, and the skirts I was wearing last summer I couldn't even zip/button anymore. I'd been halfheartedly doing WW but then they changed the points system and I got tired of having to recalculate everything, so I canceled my membership and found MFP.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    when i was at an amusement park & the person in front of me wasn't allowed on b/c they seat belt couldn't fit over them b/c they were fat. i didn't want that 2 b me next time.... :frown:
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Me asking a girl I liked if appearances matter or personality. She said both, so now it's time for me to get these abs showing ;)