MEN and WOMEN: Lose 10lbs in August 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• gmz1026
    gmz1026 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not weigh 23 lbs as posted before lol. Here is the corrected info!

SW - 223 lbs (Monday August 1)
    Week 1 - xxx lbs (Monday August 8)
    Week 2 - xxx lbs (Monday August 15)
    Week 3 - xxx lbs (Monday August 22)
    Week 4 - xxx lbs (Monday August 29)
    Total lost - xx lbs (Thursday September 1)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqB7PFnLiVoidER5SUxXZWR5YWpnMlFQSkZUZmZtNWc&hl=en_US

here is the updated database as of 446pm my time here in Arkansas on 8/2/2011

When I open this it shows june dates. My email address is ninjakitty419@hotmail.com I believe I saw you asking for that somewhere.

Hi there,

I just checked the spreadsheet you are on it, you need to click the August tab at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqB7PFnLiVoidER5SUxXZWR5YWpnMlFQSkZUZmZtNWc&hl=en_US

here is the updated database as of 446pm my time here in Arkansas on 8/2/2011

When I open this it shows june dates. My email address is ninjakitty419@hotmail.com I believe I saw you asking for that somewhere.

Hi there,

I just checked the spreadsheet you are on it, you need to click the August tab at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much! I feel embarrassed now for not noticing that. Sorry to Jackie for me being so unobservant.
  • patrick323
    Options
    Even better than the 5 lb challenge.

August 1st starting weight: 295.6
  • kate159963
    Options
    i'm in too...my first challenge...relli need this motivation :)

CW : 140 pounds
    Aug 3 - Aug 8- xxx pounds
    Aug 9 - Aug 15 - xxx pounds
    Aug 16 - Aug 22 - xxx pounds
    Aug 23 - Aug 29 - xxx pounds
    Sep 1 - Total xxx pounds losts
  • Mentzerj
    Mentzerj Posts: 44
    Options
    SW - 224.5 lbs (Monday August 1)
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, Just checkin in!

I want to thank you JACKIE! It is a lot of hard work to keep up with all these people. But I know it helps us get/stay motivated!

Despite fighting myself about it all day I did my INSANITY workout! I am on the 4th week and everyday is still a challenge but I really wanna finish it.... consistency has always been the hardest part for me! Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    You are not alone. Working out everyday is hard for me as well. Especially in this heat. Hang in there we will do this together. By the way you are so welcome. We are 127 strong.
  • Christinemary6
    Christinemary6 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm in. I'm soooo tired of losing and regaining the same few pounds. Sigh. I WANT O LOSE 10 lbs IN AUGUST!!!!!!! YES!!!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously going to try to check in on this thread every day. I gotta get a good loss this month! I'm going to go for a walk tonight, and then probably do a DVD after - some days I just need two hours of fitness.. and today is that day. Besides, tomorrow night I'm going wedding dress shopping (again) and won't have time to do any workouts.

That's the other thing - right now I'm trying on plus-sized dresses, and I'd really like to be in standard sizing before time to buy my dress - in April (at the latest!) ... So, I have nine months to lose about 70 pounds. Can I do it?! I think so!! But it's going to take hitting it hard and sticking with this challenge group. :D
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    Miskortney hang in there and you can get close if not make it down to the size you are looking for. You have 9 months to do it in. If you do it healthy you could loose as much as 72 pounds by then. That is doing it where you are more likely to keep it off.
  • RangedLunatic
    RangedLunatic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I've been meaning to start one of these challenges.

SW - 285.7 lbs (Monday August 1)
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Miskortney hang in there and you can get close if not make it down to the size you are looking for. You have 9 months to do it in. If you do it healthy you could loose as much as 72 pounds by then. That is doing it where you are more likely to keep it off.

You're totally right - if I can manage two pounds a week (not out of the question or unhealthy) I will get there in time!!!!! I managed four pounds lost last month, and I'm totally focused for this month. Even if I don't make it to goal by then, I know I'll be so much more healthy and fit.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
  • momma2twinsplus1
    Options
    I'm in! First challenge so I"m looking forward to it!

SW - 324 lbs (Wednesday, August 3)
  • jrecmcallister
    Options
    I'm in too! I would love to drop 10 this month!!

SW - 176 lbs (Monday August 1)
  • ej_baker
    ej_baker Posts: 21
    Options
    :smile:
  • btyqwnfrommars
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join. Please let me know if it's too late.

SW -137 lbs (Monday August 1)
    Total lost - xx lbs
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Is this still an open group??

SW - 185 lbs (Monday August 1)
  • patrick323
    Options
    With still having people joining; Being somewhat new to the site and new to a "challenge" thread:

Should we just say we are in and post starting weight then again at the end? Or is it an open and ongoing discussion and/or checkins periodically?
  • infamousmk
    Options
    With still having people joining; Being somewhat new to the site and new to a "challenge" thread:

Should we just say we are in and post starting weight then again at the end? Or is it an open and ongoing discussion and/or checkins periodically?

You have to post your weight every week to stay on the spreadsheet Julie manages. I will say that for me, it's helpful to stay in touch with other folks in on this challenge. When I'm always thinking about my goal and how I want to be able to come in and post a loss every week, I stay on track better. On the last page I committed to posting to this thread every day this month. So far, so good. :)