Mean Girl Comment

Replies

• SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Typing isn't a daily activity! I normally do it on my iPhone! So real keys is hard and I'm building up the muscles in my fingers! Do you think I'll gain any weight from the muscle growth?

Most likely. You will probably up tomorrow due to water retention in your hand muscles (recovery period from the strain). But don't stress! It will go back down as your muscles heal.

Damn hope I at least lose inches from this....

Make sure to measure your ring size before and after
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    I usually workout any where between an hour to an hour and half. Depending on how hard you push yourself it is possible to lose over 1000 calories per workout. Especially when I train with my evil trainer, I'll easily burn over 1000 calories because we do full body weight training, incorporates active rest periods such as jumping rope or dynamic squats. Not to mention after he pushes me to the edge, we end our workout by doing anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes of boxing. I use my heart rate monitor and calorie counter to count my calories burnt. I do agree that some calorie burnt are sometimes pretty extreme but you never know how big a person is , active, how long and what amount of effort a person puts into their workout. So you never know. Eh...:tongue:
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    I really think this is a personal thing. If someone is putting down more calories burned than they actually did, they are just cheating themselves in the long run. I try to encourage and support the friends here, not bring up something I may not agree with. I personally don't eat all of the exercise calories, just in case I may have overestimated or MFP was a little higher. It's one's choice, and they are the ones who will reap their goals or continue to fail.
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    I'm thinking I might log my typing as burning calories....Hope that doesn't offend anyone when tomorrow I'm still 160 lbs ;)

You can't log daily activity as exercise. Gahhhh.

Yes you can, if you couldn't why is it on here? I use to sit around 24/7 and didn't even know how to OPERATE the lawn mower, much less mow the lawn. If I am going to change my life style and get off my *kitten*, god damn right I'm putting it on here!!

AND please enlighten me as to what the difference is between going for a 30 min walk and mowing the lawn for 30 mins...oh wait I know I'M WORKING HARDER MOWING THE LAWN!
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    I'm thinking I might log my typing as burning calories....Hope that doesn't offend anyone when tomorrow I'm still 160 lbs ;)

Yes you can, if you couldn't why is it on here? I use to sit around 24/7 and didn't even know how to OPERATE the lawn mower, much less mow the lawn. If I am going to change my life style and get off my *kitten*, god damn right I'm putting it on here!!

OBVI you have to be exercising with the right purpose in mind. if you're mowing the lawn and you're doing it BECUZ you want to mow the lawn, you can't log it. but if you are mowing the lawn with the intent and purpsoe of burning calories, that's totally different. dont even compare it bro!
  • SenoraMacias

AND please enlighten me as to what the difference is between going for a 30 min walk and mowing the lawn for 30 mins...oh wait I know I'M WORKING HARDER MOWING THE LAWN!

Wowwwwww. First off, my comment to Kate was a joke. We're friends. Second off, foul language really not necessary.
  • Guess I've been doing this all wrong. I've been burning calories by lighting my belly on fire! Oops!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member

Overreact, much? Eesh. Sarcasm was lost in translation, methinks.
  • SenoraMacias
    Soooooo good to see SOME people still have a sense of humor! Yikes!
  • kater8er

Wowwwwww. First off, my comment to Kate was a joke. We're friends. Second off, foul language really not necessary.

Actually, cecrawfo, You could use a lesson on logging your daily activity. I Notice you put "walking" as your exercise. Are you aware that walking is different from *walking*?
  • ashleymariec89
    ok really it doesn't matter if you want to mow the lawn (which idk who would) or if you are doing it to burn calories. YOU STILL DID IT!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    It's just an observation. Let's not get all worked up. I truly believe that the majority of people on this site are here to take charge of their health and well-being and to make a positive change in their lifestyle. I applaud each and everyone one of them. But there is always going to be that itty bitty percentage that thinks that just by downloading the app they'll loose weight.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Guess I've been doing this all wrong. I've been burning calories by lighting my belly on fire! Oops!

AAAAhahahahahahahaaaaa
  • SenoraMacias
    Should I change it to "walking with a 150lb weight"? SInce that's what I weigh, would that be more accurate?
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member

You are correct, if it is something you don't do on a daily basis and you have your MFP account set to sedentary lifestyle, you should. It doesn't matter the reason you are doing the activity, either way, you are burning up the calories. I go swimming leisurely, because I love it and it is fun, not to workout, but you better believe I log it, totally great calories burnt. Not so that I can eat them back, but so that I can keep a good record of what activities I did for that day and how it may have affected my weightloss.
  • TheKitsune6
    It's just an observation. Let's not get all worked up. I truly believe that the majority of people on this site are here to take charge of their health and well-being and to make a positive change in their lifestyle. I applaud each and everyone one of them. But there is always going to be that itty bitty percentage that thinks that just by downloading the app they'll loose weight.

It's still not your problem. Observation or no.
  • ashleymariec89
    computers aren't the best at showing sarcasm, so maybe before you POSSIBLY offend someone, you should re think typing it, especially on a post accusing someone of untruthfully logging cals......
  • TheKitsune6
    Should I change it to "walking with a 150lb weight"? SInce that's what I weigh, would that be more accurate?

Not if you don't calculate your BMR and take that out
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123

I'm actually doing it to LOSE weight, but that's just me....
  • kater8er
    that's what the wink faces are for ;)
This discussion has been closed.