Lots To Lose Challenge - Week 1

Options
KnottyJen
KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
This is a *mostly* closed group. If people are interested in participating, you are welcome to follow along with the weekly challenges, and I will be happy to add you to the backup list, but I will not be adding any more teams to the roster.

Just as a refresher:
We will base everything on a points system:
For every mile that you run/walk/bike/swim/etc, you will earn 10 points for your team.
For daily nutrition challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 5 points for your team
For daily exercise challenges - each person on your team that completes the challenge will earn an additional 10 points for your team

Every day, the team captains will need to send me their team's total points for the day. I will maintain a spreadsheet for everyone to monitor the progress of the challenge.

For the exercise challenges - You choose if you use weights or not. This is all about pushing yourself to do something that you wouldn't ordinarily do, BUT we don't want anyone getting hurt. The main idea is to go DISTANCE. The Nutrition & Exercise challenges are EXTRA.

::::Week 1 Challenges::::
Friday
Nutrition - Under Calories
Exercise - 50 Crunches
Saturday
Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk
Sunday
Nutrition - Under Sodium
Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBG7tzX0aT0
Monday
Exercise - 50 crunches
Tuesday
Nutrition - At LEAST 10 cups (8oz) of water
Exercise - 50 Windshield Wipers
Wednesday
Nutrition - Under Sodium
Exercise - 50 Woodchops (25 on each side)
Thursday
Exercise - 50 crunches

I will better organize the spreadsheet tomorrow. I had a crazy busy day and I'm pooped! Good luck to all the teams and thanks to everyone for getting me your captains/team names on time (except mine!!! Someone's going to need a good, stern talking to! ;-)).

If there are any questions, feel free to post them here, as someone else may have the same question. I'm an MFP addict, so chances are, I'll get back pretty quickly. Night all!!!!

Replies

• XBabigrl72
    XBabigrl72 Posts: 88
    Options
    I like this. You don't have to add me but I'd like to fallow the challenge.
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Oh! One last thing....Please let me know what you guys thing of the daily challenges. Too much? Not enough? I want to try and make it so that everyone can do it. If we need to modify, we definitely can.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I would love to follow. If you need a replacement, let me know!
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen what about some lunges, jumping jacks or push up? I do the wall push ups because I'm a wimp but they still are beneficial. Just asking.
  • elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    Options
    Excellant challenge Jen!!! i love the fact that you also include "under sodium"!!!
  • missjaeda
    missjaeda Posts: 22
    Options
    I think these are great first week challenges! I'm excited for the days ahead!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I think that as a starting out group these challenges will be a good starting point for some of the newer members. Lets get to it ladies
  • samerene
    samerene Posts: 86
    Options
    i think its good for starters:)
  • Princess626
    Options
    I think it's a great first week. Wish I could get to youtube at work to see what "windshield wipers" and "woodchops" are tho!
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    These are great first challenges... i love the nutrition ones!!! GOOD JOB!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I think you've done a great job on the challenges! Looking forward to this!
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think these look great! Thanks for putting this together, it's going to motivate a lot of people! Me included! :-)
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Hey Jen what about some lunges, jumping jacks or push up? I do the wall push ups because I'm a wimp but they still are beneficial. Just asking.

These are great ideas. I will add them to the list for next week. I wanted to make sure I didn't use up all of my exercise ideas in one week. Keeping it spicy, you know?? :-)
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love all the challenges. I will let you if I have any ideas. Thanks for putting this together.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Ya - 5th Black-Team WeLosersWin! So glad we made it and round things off with 50 losers total. It's going to be a great ride!!

Great job on the challenge list Jen! Thanks.
  • aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited. This will help keep my sodium in check. Is there a way to modify jumping jacks? I have knee problems and can't do regular ones. Thank you again for setting this up.
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    aleah - there are a number of ways to modify jumping jacks. I have the same issues with my knee. I usually do a squat, instead of the jump, but here's another option:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNssa8g3GEc
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    OK ready to start my first MFP Challenge!! Looks good so far ... I have to YouTube some of those still! All up for it!! Was just going to start my morning routine now. I'm a little late because we lost our cable/internet connection for a bit, so I had to square that away! Ready to go!! Good luck everyone!!

PS: How many teams are there?? I saw we have 50 people all total with some followers on the side!! That's awesome!!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    PS: How many teams are there?? I saw we have 50 people all total with some followers on the side!! That's awesome!!

We have ten teams of 5, plus a couple backups.
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    OK ready to start my first MFP Challenge!! Looks good so far ... I have to YouTube some of those still! All up for it!! Was just going to start my morning routine now. I'm a little late because we lost our cable/internet connection for a bit, so I had to square that away! Ready to go!! Good luck everyone!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR SOCKS!!! ; )