Lots To Lose Challenge - Week 1

Options

Replies

• asiavenetia
    asiavenetia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is great! I love the challenges for week 1!! Thanks for pulling it all together!
  • sammy084
    sammy084 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Challenges look great!! I am super excited about this! Lets go girls!
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    OK, did those 50 crunches ... and owwww my belly's killing me!! HAHAHAHA
  • MistyDC29
    MistyDC29 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Got a question from a member of my team for ya. She does water aerobics for exercise will that count for anything? What if we don't typically walk/run/bike/swim (laps)? Thanks! :-)
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same should we say so many minutes is a mile for exercises that don't have mileage? Like maybe 15 minutes is a mile or something like that for aerobics and water aerobics? Not sure I can do the windshield washers with my bad hip but I am going to try them I might be surprised:bigsmile: , can we modify them as a one leg at a time exercise if we can't do two legs at once like the video?
  • aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Day 1 went good. It kept me from giving in to temptation of cheesecake this afternoon. :)
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I am loving this challenge!! I did the 50 crunchs .. first time ever !!! i will have to modify and jumping jacks because of my knee. I don't think its quite ready for jumping .. The windsheild washers. look interesting I will see if I can !This is so good. Thanks Jen for doing this. My doctor will be impressed when I tell him on the 12th of August what I have been doing..
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm not sure my back will approve of windshield wipers tomorrow, but I'm going to try! Good luck everyone!!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I will try the windshield wipers, but I have a herniated disc in my lower back which makes laying on the floor painful.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! There have been some questions asked and I want to address them here, so all can see.

As far as converting non-distance activities into x miles, I need to think about this. I hadn't planned to do it this way and I want to make sure that it's fair for everyone. So, let me sleep on it, and I will get back to everyone in the am.

Next, I will not be updating the spreadsheet until the following morning, so as long as the captains can get their teams' totals to me by 10am CST, I am fine with that.

Finally, as far as the exercise challenges go - these are additional. If you have an injury that doesn't allow you to do something, it's okay. Or if you need to modify something, that is alright as well, but make sure that you give it your best shot. Like I said before, I don't want to see anyone getting HURT because they tried to do something that they weren't able to do.

Hmmmmm...... I think that's all, but please feel free to PM me or post here if you have any questions.
    Thanks Guys! I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks!
  • missjaeda
    missjaeda Posts: 22
    Options
    Did the 50 crunches! Took me two episodes of Sex and the City to do them, but they are done! Looking forward to tomorrow!
  • SDV219
    Options
    missjaeda ... how's your belly today?? When I sneezed I sure felt it!! HAHAHAHA! Great to know that it's working the muscles I haven't seen for quite some time! Let's me know they're still there!! Off to do my C25K and those windshield wipers!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    ....Great to know that it's working the muscles I haven't seen for quite some time! Let's me know they're still there!!....

hahaha...Completely Agree!
  • ohsointricate8
    ohsointricate8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    good luck on the second day everyone!
  • SDV219
    Options
    OooohWeeeee!!! Those windshield wipers reminded me that I did those crunches!! Whoa, what a work out!!
  • aleah623
    aleah623 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got 3 wipers in so far. I have to find a better place to do them. I think I hit everything in the livingroom with my legs lol.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    my back does not allow wipers, but i'm drinking down some serious water today:drinker:

Hope evryone is doing great!
  • majikwon1961
    Options
    I'm following along with you guys...if you need a replacement let me know. Have a good workout.
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I can still feel the effects of those crunches yesterday and am about to try out the windshield wiper...once I find a place that I won't break things. lol
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Is is just me? :blushing: Or is anyone else having trouble with the windshieldwasher exercise.:blushing: I just can't seem to even do one. I just don't have the strength!!!

Please tell me I am not alone!!!! :tongue: :laugh: