How can I get my chocolate hit without consuming loads of ca

Options

Replies

• lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The chocolate shakeology is amazing! cures all chocolate cravings!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    :smile: Chocolate milkshake... aka Chocolate protein shake.

Can add, peanut butter, frozen or raw bananas, frozen or raw strawberries.
  • katg100
    katg100 Posts: 12
    Options
    Maltesers 37g bag is only 187 calories - its more than the other reply's but you feel like you have had a good dose of proper chocolate. Make sure you only buy the small indiviual bags though, if you're anything like me you could easily polish off a family sized bag and not even notice.

:happy:
  • ukhennin
    ukhennin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Watch this video:

http://bcove.me/57a6cqm0

Tips on how to pick the best chocolate.
  • jennehughes
    Options
    - alpro soya dark chocolate dessert- also as chocolate and butterscotch.. each 125g = 115cal

- chocolate mini-milk lolly 1 lolly= 30cal

- chocolate angel delight (I buy the cheap version from the supermarket..) about 100cal/ serving (although my serving sizes are probably twice that :$ )

- alpro soya chocolate soy milk :33 thick and chocolatey 200ml = 152cal
    I used to pour it over those nesquik chocolate cereal balls for a huge chocolate hit

- blend up dates with cocoa powder and a bit of water/milk and refrigerate.. it turns into these yummy fudgey chocolate

urmm. can't think of anything else right now but will update if I think of anything else
  • walkingshoes
    walkingshoes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    100 calories and sooooo yummyy! Frozen skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars. They have these hardened chocolate stripes on the outside of the bar that just take it up another notch for the chocolate lover.
  • chachii26
    chachii26 Posts: 45
    Options
    I found a great option at Treaer Joes....Dark chocolate caramel wedges!! yummy...& only 60 Cal for 2 pieces!
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I eat a square or two of dark chocolate, it helps cure the cravings. I use to hate dark choclate a few years ago but now it's the only kind I ilke (milk chocolate tastes horrible now). Plus, it has good-for-you fats in it and antioxidants!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I agree with the dark chocolate lovers. It is an acquired taste though, so start with something like Ghirardelli 65% and work your way up to Lindt 90% cocoa. They make a 99% cocoa but is not available in most stores.

D
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    Try really dark chocolate-- the chocolate flavor is really rich and concentrated and it's not super sweet so it doesn't make you crave more sweets after you eat it. I also like chocolate bars with a little bit of savor flavor-- Lindt makes a great bar that has a touch of sea salt, and they also have a chili flavor. I can usually (!) force myself to stop eating after 1 or 2 squares with those.

Ah, dark chocolate with sea salt is sooo good! I thought it would be horrible but it's my favorite!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Chocolate kisses!! MMmmmmmm
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I prefer milk chocolate so I stick to hersheys kisses. They are only 22 calories for one kiss. I usually have two and then my craving is satisfied!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate protein shakes -- and i've also made brownies using black beans which are really yummy!

Of course chocolate can actually be good for you too --- if I feel like having some I do it! It's all in moderation...just track the calories and account for them --- win-win :) Walk an extra mile and no guilt!
  • freckles88
    freckles88 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I hae to say,dark chocolate just does not do it for me, its too bitter. Needs to be milk all the way! I had forgotten about skinny cow though, those will defo be making there way into my shopping trolley this week! x
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm a big fan of endangered species' bug bites - squares of dark chocolate that are 50 cals each. Check the website to locate a store near you: www.chocolatebar.com
  • AlmaMC
    AlmaMC Posts: 7
    Options
    Vitatops are really good. They are big, filling, and only 100 calories. They have different flavores. My favorite is Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip VitaTops. I usually add a little bit of fat free whip cream (5-10 calories) to it, and it makes a really good dessert. Check out the http://www.vitalicious.com/ for more details. You can order them online or get them at the local grocery stores in the freezer section. They are really yummy, and very good replacement for chocolate cravings.

Check also out http://www.hungry-girl.com/ . She has lots of ideas on how to eat everything, and how to prepare a healthy/low calorie version of anything. Subscribe to her daily newsletter. It's very helpful, and informative. She also has a cooking show.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Another fan of the provamel soy dessert here - especially if eaten with a small spoon, as it takes ages to finish the pot and feels really indulgent.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Ok so I am a self confessed choco-holic. I have been known to eat chocolate for breakfast in the past! I find that after my evening meal I always crave chocolate pretty much straight away, but now that I'm trying to lose weight I wanna find some different ways to get that sweet fix without overloading on calories. Any ideas??

If you having milk, mix some co-coa powder into it, most co-coa powders only have 10 calories

if you having oatmeal, again mix some co-coa powder into it

Vanilla protein shake? - Co-coa powder :D

Peanut butter sandwich - It's peanut butter co-coa powder time.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Have some choc if you want, but dont take the piss and scoff the lot - is my motto.

I never used to like dark chocolate but I recently bought some Godiva chocolate for my partner, (70% cocao), I tried a bit thinking it would be rank, and I found I really like it. So if I want chocoloate I will have one of his Godivas and I find that is enough to curb any craving for me. I think its to do with the high cocoa %.