How can I get my chocolate hit without consuming loads of ca

Options

Replies

• Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I looooove Emerald's cocoa roasted almonds. So yummy, and filling!

Love those! Also, Hershey has little 100 cal candy bars. I found them yesterday down the candy aisle. I got the Reese's one. Taste's just like a Reese's Peanut butter cup without all the fat and calories. Ghiardelli's Twilight Delight is my favorite! However, I can easily consume the whole bar without thinking about so I don't buy it. That'd be a great place to start if you want to try dark chocolate. It's not too bitter and has a nice citrus tang in the background.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am a self confessed choco-holic. I have been known to eat chocolate for breakfast in the past! I find that after my evening meal I always crave chocolate pretty much straight away, but now that I'm trying to lose weight I wanna find some different ways to get that sweet fix without overloading on calories. Any ideas??

i do eat chocolate for breakfast - special K chocolatey delight cereal to be specific. :) works for me...
    plus i tend to make sugar free/fat free instant chocolate pudding at home with 1% milk
    i can't live without chocolate. seriously... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Bump! I would like to read more responses :) A square of dark chocolate or some chocolate chips usually do it for me. It is hard to limit though, I must admit!!
    I second the chocolate chips... I put them in a little bowl and eat them one by one. I feel like I've eaten a ton of chocolate, when it's only been a tbs or two.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Almond milk hot cocoa -
    1 cup original almond milk, heated up (60 cal)
    1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (15 cals)
    Stevia - sweeten to taste (0 cal)
    Use a whisk to combine and it also adds a yummy foamy froth to the top.

Enjoy your chocolatey deliciousness for only 75 calories! :)
  • cammers74
    cammers74 Posts: 45
    Options
    A Cadbury Freddo bar is only about 90 cals and usually does the job for me (unless its like last night where I scoffed nearly a whole box of Maltesers!! Oh well, they are lighter than oridinary chocolate...!!!!)

Feel free to add me too, Im in Berkshire, UK! x
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of cocoa puffs with 1/2 cup 2% milk. 150 calories and you get a shot of chocolate milk at the end. My guilty pleasure.
  • AshleyNicole8686
    AshleyNicole8686 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Chocolate rice cakes (if you have crunchy cravings too) 60 cal
    fiber plus granola bars in chocolate chip :) 120 cal
    60 calorie chocolate pudding is also a favorite of mine
  • TheNewLeah
    Options
    This may have been mentioned previously, but I am a solid believer in Organic DARK Chocolate. My favourite is Whistler Pocket Dark, with 72% Cacao. Its incredibly tasty, and you don't need a lot of feel satisfied. However, if you do want a bit more, half the ENTIRE bar is only 220 calories and only 10 grams of sugar. There's more sugar in a banana! I break the bar into quarters and stash them around in emergency spots. Typically the back of the freezer :)
  • beaglegal
    beaglegal Posts: 15
    Options
    tootsie pops
  • pdpmcm1980
    pdpmcm1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go for Curly Wurlys which are 115 calories, or a miniature Green and Blacks chocolate (from the selection pack) which are around 80 cals each.
  • menacingsprite
    menacingsprite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where you live and or whether you have an Aldi, they make these Ice cream bars that are pretty good sized. I have 1 whenever I have an ice cream/chocolate craving. They're about 100 calories for one bar. And omg is it good....

http://www.aldi.us/us/html/product_range/2744_6933_ENU_HTML.htm

They're apparently pretty comparable to the weight watchers fudge bars so you can check those out too since those are more readily available.
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I allow myself 1-2 squares of my favorite chocolate each day, guilt-free. (Lindt Excellence 90% Cocoa Supreme dark chocolate)
  • JFamilo
    JFamilo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had that chocolate craving feeling the other day... I walked through the Target candy aisle and found a package of 6 mini kit kats. They're only 70 calories for a package of 2 little kit kats.

Also, there are Snickers mini ice cream bars that are only 90 calories.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    fiber one 90 calorie brownies are DELICIOUS! Skinny cow makes some down right tastey business too!!

The Fiber One 90 calorie brownies are pretty tasty. I bought the chocolate peanut butter ones and I like them.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    chocolate milk. Ever been to Booster Juice? They have a drink called Funky Monkey. I make them all the time now that i tried them once there.
    Chocolate soy milk, half a banana and yogurt. I add protein powder if i have it after i do a workout.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Fudge bar! 100 cals of yummy frozen goodness. I also have a bag of chocolate chips in the freezer...let one melt on the tongue and savor it.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Gosh! All these people that can just eat one square of chocolate are amazing! I really struggle with that. Tbh, I am not that fussed on chocolate, most of the time I can take it or leave it... but, when the craving does arise I can never stop at just one square. The only option for me is to not have it in the house. I find that usually a cup of Options hot chocolate (about 40 cals) will help the craving. But sometimes only a bar of proper chocolate will do. If that happens, I just try and make sure I cycle to the shop (preferably one REALLY far way) to buy some! It helps with the guilt...

xxx
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    skinny cow fudgie bar ...100 calories ...i can't get them where i am now and miss them so much, use to have one every night
  • toots1985
    toots1985 Posts: 12
    Options
    I drink a chocolate slimfast 180 calories for 11 oz. I drink the ultra weight loss shake. They are good and they hit the spot.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Jello Mousse are only 60 calories. Arctic Zero is an ice cream substitute that has chocolatey flavors. Only 150 calories for the PINT. I can't just eat a piece of chocolate. I'd eat the whole thing...so that doesn't work for me. :-D