(28th) group of 30 day shred / part 2

Options

Replies

• theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did L1 D2 .... I couldn't do it by following the dvd but I did each action about 50 reps and I finish them in 28 minutes. I remembered the workout because I did it many times.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Other than on Sundays, I'm doing double workouts while on 30DS. This morning I did a 5.5 mile run followed by Day 4-L1. I've noticed that it's a little bit easier despite being exhausted from my run. I need to work on getting my butt back on the side lunges. Seems I'm leaning and not squatting on the bent leg like I should be...

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Arrgh, not been able to squeeze it in so far today and I can't seem it happening the rest of the day, romantic night in with BF don't want to ruin it! Will see if I can do it tonight after he's tucked up asleep :laugh: If not I will do it twice tomorrow!! :noway:

Is that good enough do we think?
  • theseagull
    Options
    I couldn't do it today too , so I planned to do it twice tomorrow too.
  • natijade
    Options
    Got my measurements

- Starting weight. 170.5
    - waist measurment. 36 inches
    - right and left arms. 12.5 inches
    - right and left thighs. 26 inches
    - Hips. 42 inches
  • conway22
    conway22 Posts: 5
    Options
    Day Two of Level One for JM's 30 Day Shred. WHOO!!

Yesterday was pretty difficult... I honestly did not expect to be THAT hard. Today was a little easier I think because I knew what to expect. I'm actually really proud of myself, even though it's only day 2 of 30DS and day 5 of my diet. I feel like this is something I can really stick to.

I haven't posted my measurements yet because for the life of me I cannot locate a soft tape measure, hahaha.

How is everyone doing? Is anyone else dieting? Any dieting tips?
  • UVAMommy
    UVAMommy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day 2, level 1 complete. Just for the record I really hate doing pushups and side lunges with the anterior raise. I was really sore this morning, but I feel great now that I've done my workout for the day. I am also doing a 5K training program using Nike+ I just started yesterday. We will see if I can keep up with both programs.

To the ladies doing double duty tomorrow - you rock!

833567.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    How often are you all taking measurements? I'm thinking of just taking them halfway through and at the end.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I just did day 3 (I'm in NZ, so it's the evening of the 31st here now!), all good, my muscles are starting to ache from the strength training, but all good other than that. I'm really enjoying it, I love that it's only 20 mins.

Think I'll measure in the middle and at the end too.

Happy shredding!
  • natijade
    Options
    think I'll just measure at the end, i don't tend to measure v. often as i like to see big losses when I do measure!
  • natijade
    Options
    Just done shred 1 of 2 for the day! Going to spend the next few hours cleaning and then do it again.. oh dear.

Does anyone else find that they have to do extra warm up and cool down with shred?
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Day 2, level 1 complete. Just for the record I really hate doing pushups and side lunges with the anterior raise. I was really sore this morning, but I feel great now that I've done my workout for the day. I am also doing a 5K training program using Nike+ I just started yesterday. We will see if I can keep up with both programs.

I hate the SAME things! lol At least today I think I got my butt back on the side lunges!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Just done shred 1 of 2 for the day! Going to spend the next few hours cleaning and then do it again.. oh dear.

Does anyone else find that they have to do extra warm up and cool down with shred?

I don't do extra, usually I'm coming home from a workout before I start it so I tend to blow off the warm up, and because a lot of days (like today) I'm heading out to do something after, I skip the cool down
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    OK, finished Day 5. So far my best workout. Could be because I didn't have a 5 mile run before it! :wink: Finally did ALL the push ups on my toes, and I didn't have to modify the jumping jacks because I remembered to take pain meds for my knee BEFORE I went to bed last night.

I measured at Day 3, and I'll measure at the end. I tend to only measure once a month.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Hi,

I completed L1 D4, definately getting fitter! im looking forward to starting level 2! Here are my measurements below

BUST - 43 1/4
    MIDRIF - 37
    WAIST - 34 1/2
    HIPS - 43
    THIGHS - 40
    INNER THIGHS - 24 1/4
    CALF - 14 1/2
    ARMS - 12 1/4
    WEIGHT 193
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I've just done day 4 L1, still loving it and looking forward to level 2, and also looking forward to the day that I'll be able to do all the push ups on my toes, nice job Mscaramarie! I can do about 10 in the first set, then about 5 in the second set ... do you think it's all in my head (like running) ... surely I should be able to do 10 each go .. hmmm ... might push for that tomorrow!

Happy shredding!
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    Options
    Hi

just completed L1 D5...i still sturggle with the push ups on toes, can only manage 1 then back onto the easier ones lol oh well i know i will get there at some point...only 5 more days til level 2 bring it on!!

Lynsey
  • natijade
    Options
    Did it twice yesterday! Well proud! Did level 1 in the morning then in the afternoon decided to have a sneak peak at level 2! I did pretty well, hopefully by the time it gets to day 11 I'll be able to move on to it! It's a lot more fun than level 1. So yes, that was day 5 and 6, today is day 7. Struggling to find the motivation today, LO is asleep in the living room and once she wakes up it'll be a case of rushing to get her ready before I meet my friend, so will prob end up trying to squeeze it in tonight :-S
  • theseagull
    Options
    hi there ... I'm really sorry to be away yesterday ...

I just did day 3 and 4 ... about 20m resting in between .
    I must be in day 5 today, but I'll not harm my knees and do it for the third time ..
    So tomorrow I'll do day 5 and 6 ..

It's a punishment ... If I skip a day .. I'll do it twice the next day :grumble:
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Finished L1D6. Nice, if I do say so myself. I did 25 minutes of HIIT before starting on 30DS. I thought it would kill me, but nope, stamina has increased. Nothing like dropping 2# of sweat in under a hour!

Everyone have a great day!