(28th) group of 30 day shred / part 2

Options

Replies

• natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    should have been day 7 for me today but couldn't fit it in again with an upset baby all morning and meeting my friend for a goodbye lunch and afternoon before she goes travelling! Gonna have to do it twice tomorrow again!! :-/ Oh dear! At least i know i can now after doing it on sun! Xx
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm on L1 day 5, still loving it, I tried to do the same number of pushups on my toe for each round, but I just couldn't, I seriously think I would have collapsed, so I'll have to work on that, 10 first round then 6 second round today ...

Happy shredding everyone!
  • natijade
    Options
    Just done Day 7 after a 15min jog, need to do Day 8 later on. Did full push-ups for the first time, managed 6 and 3! Pretty happy. It's starting to feel easier, in a sweat-pouring-off-me kinda way. Excited for Level 2!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    L1D7 is done! Good workout, I peeked ahead to see L2... Looks like it's going to be fun!

ROCK ON!
  • Ninnyninball
    Ninnyninball Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Just did day 8 of the shred and still loving it, can defo feel a difference! I see a few of you have issues with pushups on the toes, I did a bootcamp course and the instructor told me women shouldn't to the full push up as it puts a lot of pressure on your womb, we were only allowed do the ones on the knees aeven if you did have the fitness for the harder one.

Level 2 starting on Firday :)
  • corgifan
    corgifan Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I took a day off when I did my long run this week, but picked it up yesterday. Tonight will be Day 8 of Level 1. So close to moving into the next level!!! :)
  • conway22
    Options
    Unfortunately, I was traveling for work and missed out on two days :embarassed: BUT I'm getting back on track and Shredding it UP today. I am still unable to locate a tape measure but I have already seen a difference. How's everyone else doing??
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It should be day 7 today but I'missed two days .
    I will do d5 and d6 after a while .. then do d7 and D8 tomorrow.
    My life is busy .. that's why I opend this group to keep my self in it !
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Took a 4 miles run before hitting Day 8. Felt really good, actually managed ALL the anterior raises!

ROCK ON!
  • natijade
    Options
    Did a jog this morning before shred Day 8. Did all the squats with raises in the first circuit that I normally struggle with.

My calves are really really starting to hurt now. Especially on the right leg where I broke my ankle a few years ago. Am a bit worried I might have to stop at some point. :-( Going to the physio tomorrow about something else so will see what they say!
  • conway22
    Options
    Okay, so I finally have my measurements and this is after 3 days of Jillian Michaels... Iiii'm a little embarrased.... but here they are.

Bust : 37 inches.

Mid Driff : 31.5 inches

Waist : 30 inches

Hips : 41 inches

Thighs : 22 inches

Inner Thigh : 26.5 inches

Calf : 15 inches

Arms : 12.5 inches
  • rachypompa
    Options
    Done level 1 Day 6 today, same with the pushups 10 and 6, but today I had small children clambering around me .... I think with the right environment I'll be able to beat my record for push ups tomorrow!!
  • Ninnyninball
    Options
    Oh, did Day 10 of Level 1 today! Level 2 tomorrow - getting worried haha but after 10 days of level 1 I really see a difference! hopefull level 2 will have the same effect :)

Good luck to all x
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    L1D9 done. Felt REALLY good
  • natijade
    Options
    Just been to the physio who says I have to drop anything with high impact on my ankle, which is basically MOST of the cardio in shred. :(:( I'm gonna go through and see what I can still do later. I mean I can still do the cardio boxing.. can anyone thing of any low impact cardio i can sub in for the jumping jack/jump rope as they're the worst culprits. Really don't wanna give in on this challenge. I might burn less cals but I just don't wanna stop totally...
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Just been to the physio who says I have to drop anything with high impact on my ankle, which is basically MOST of the cardio in shred. :(:( I'm gonna go through and see what I can still do later. I mean I can still do the cardio boxing.. can anyone thing of any low impact cardio i can sub in for the jumping jack/jump rope as they're the worst culprits. Really don't wanna give in on this challenge. I might burn less cals but I just don't wanna stop totally...

Beside the boxing, you can try the windmills that are done during the warmup. Also try speed boxing (pretend to be hitting a speed bag at head level)

HTH!
  • natijade
    Options

Beside the boxing, you can try the windmills that are done during the warmup. Also try speed boxing (pretend to be hitting a speed bag at head level)

HTH!

Thank you, I will try them. Also I think that once the pain has calmed down I might try to reintroduce the butt kicks, treading softly, as I don't think they're as high-impact as jumping jacks and jump rope, what do you think?
  • rachypompa
    Options
    You could also just do squats? Or even squat as low as you can and hold for the 30 seconds, that's hard!

I've just done level1 day 7, feeling good, feeling much stronger on the strength section, push ups not really improving, but ... I'm going to keep at it! Pleased with myself today, as this is usually my rest day .... just as well really as I've had a humongous lunch! Like 1000calories, but all good healthy stuff ... might try level 2 later tonight just so I can eat my dinner! LOL!
  • Ninnyninball
    Options
    Started Level 2 day 1 today - holy moly it was tough but I felt great after it! shock to the system - Level 1 is a good bit easier!
  • natijade
    Options
    Did my day 9 with boxing and windmills for the cardio intervals, going to do day 10 later on. :-)
    Will deffo try squats because most the fat I want rid of is on my thighs.
    thanks for the support guys ;-)